“Out of the way, but worth the trip”
Review of L'Aventure Winery

L'Aventure Winery
Ranked #56 of 175 things to do in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Owner description: By Appointment Only
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Getting to L'Aventure requires driving down a dirt road for what seemed like a mile or more. Once there they have a small tasting room attached to their production facility (more than 10 people might be a little bit crowded). They have a nice yard in front of the tasting room where we saw a couple having a picnic. As of Dec 15th, 2013 they now require an appointment for tasting (they were getting too crowded just letting folks drop in un-announced). I believe we tasted 4 wines ($15 tasting fee) starting with their Optimus and then a couple of vintages of their Cote a Cote Flagship wines. The Optimus is a Syrah/Cab/Petit Verdot blend, while the Cote a Cote is a GSM blend with Syrah leading the way 2011, but I think the blend just depends on the year. For an additional $5 you can kept the stemless Reidel wine glass. I have a couple and I think its a good deal. The wines are excellent with the Optimus going for $45 and Cote a Cote for about $85. If you like Syrah and GSM blends I recommended making and appointment and stopping in.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"pourer"
"recommendation"

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Beautiful setting and excellent wines. Everyone there is very friendly. I continue to buy them since my inital visit and would recommend them to anyone who enjoys great wines.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We visited L'Aventure Winery tasting room just before closing....they made us feel very much at home. Great wine. We bought three bottles

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Outstanding, classic reds and very good whites and roses. This is a list to get on as the wine quality is continuing to trend up. Tasting room is functional and the team are very professional. L' Aventure is about the wine and not the tasting room experience.

2  Thank packcal
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Came to this winery because our son had a personal wine tsting in his home in L.A. and recommended the wine. Did a wine tasting starting with the Rose' and just felt we needed not to go further. Their Rose' was excellent! I was never a fan of Rose' but when I go back to N.Y. I will be. In fact we joined the club so we could have this wine shipped home. I just can't express how wonderful it was. If you're a Rose' fan, stop at this winery and you won't disappointed.