“Last minute decision”
Review of The Tap Room

The Tap Room
Ranked #50 of 195 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Description: This new restaurant is affiliated with Firestone Walker Brewing Co, a well -respected California brewer, There is also a brewery and Tap Room restaurant in Buellton, California
San Luis Obispo, California
“Last minute decision”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We've seen the restaurant open for quite some time and wanted to go but our only hesitation was all the poor reviews. However, we thought we would give it a shot. The restaurant look nice on the inside and I like the moving beer bottles around the bar area. We got a few 805's and decided that if the appetizers were good we would eat here as well. We ordered the seared ahi wantons and a pretzel. Both items were very good but the ahi tacos in particular were amazing. We then ordered dinner. We got the taproom chicken and the panko crusted ahi and both were very good. I couldn't figure out why people didn't like this place so when our waiter came by I was asking him if they had changed their menu and he said that they had been tweaking the items to make them better and I must say if this is what their food will consistently taste like I will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2014

Santa Barbara
“PASO GOOD-BUELLTON BAD”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stopping in at the Tap Room is always a nice break for us after wine tasting. The beer is good and the menu is pretty good too. Good atmosphere and we always have a good time at the bar. We thought we would have a similar experience at the Buellton location. Boy were we disappointed. I don't eat hamburgers very often but decided I could branch out and have a kobe beef burger for a change. I asked for as rare as they could legally make it. I got what I can only refer to as a hockey puck on a bun. I never return food so I suffered through it and well after it. I sent an email to the management and they said how sorry they were but that was pretty much it. It has tainted my opinion of the Firestone brand so we will be in search of new and better brew pubs.

• Visited January 2014
South Pasadena, California
“Good Beer -Bad Fish & Chips”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The Firestone Brewery Tap Room has a festive atmosphere (some might call excessively noisy) and excellent beer selection. The food pairing one would expect to be a no-brainer is a good fish & chips - NOT. The fish breading was greasy and tasteless (salt and malt vinegar still coundn't rescue this meal). Can't vouch for the other entries but I'd advise avoiding this bland and greasy item on the menu.

• Visited November 2013
“Wierd!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

6 of us went in to eat. We sat in the bar for football. Beers are always nice, although some beers at $37 for 22oz are not worth it. Food, avarage at best. Pizza very bland, love the wood fire but sauce no flavor, tasted like cheep cheese, just no flavor!! Angry Mac and cheese, once again bland. No flavor didn't even finish it. Seared ahi was more like cooked but this did have some flavor and would of been great if properly seared. 805 salad had some forien object in it.
Now service! I had no idea who was waiting on us. Started with a girl who started our drinks and apps. Then a guy took our order, then another delivered half the food and five minutes later a girl delivering the rest. She just dropped the food off and walked off. No plates for pizza, fries and rings. No silverware and no follow up at all. Then the bartender brought the check, the first guy ran the card and then another girl came by and said she would be taking care of us for the rest of the night!! I'm still confused!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Rogers, Arkansas
“We enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We had lunch and enjoyed our food very much. My husband had a salad which was full of goodies, and huge. I had a pulled chicken BBQ sandwich - it was very tasty. The onions rings were the best we have had in a long time. We tried 3 beers and enjoyed each one.

• Visited June 2013