“A GREAT experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
San Jose, California
“A GREAT experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was very impressed by this NEW hotel. It is family owned and you could tell they wanted you to be happy, as they were extremely friendly and accommodating. When we had missed the cut off of breakfast by 10 minutes and they still allowed us to come in and have a fantastic breakfast, made to order! There is no comparable breakfast at any of the chain hotels, and chef Sheryl was very personable and wanted to be sure we had all we could eat (we did!). I am a very picky coffee drinker, too, and I loved their coffee.

The room was more than adequate for two. It was very well appointed with lovely new beds (so comfy) and bathrooms that were also very spacious. The noise level was fine especially since our room was right by an elevator. They have a pool and spa which we didn't use, but a little girl said the spa was cold (all outdoors). They also have a small, but adequate fitness center. I really liked their "green" way of controlling electricity use with the key card.

The location is fine as there are other hotels very close by and if you are going to wineries, you would have to drive to them anyway. We were pretty close to downtown Paso Robles, too, where there are many fine restaurants and cute shops.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Paso Robles. (our friends even changed hotels when they came and saw ours!)

Room Tip: Third floor had high ceilings, but not sure if 1 and 2 did, too.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hungarian first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

I happened upon The Oaks when I couldn't get a room at the Marriott. Even though I am big on points because I travel a lot, I would absolutely stay at The Oaks again when I pass through town because of how much value I got for the price.

It was comparable in price and room quality to a Marriott Courtyard or a Hampton Inn...its actually a little nicer, maybe because it's brand spanking new. And it comes with what felt like an upgraded free breakfast that's better than the other free breakfasts I've tried - As a huge bacon lover, I really appreciated thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, as opposed to the thin industrial food service kind you usually get with free breakfasts.

And it's full of personal touches. Fresh backed cookies at night, a really friendly bartender, and coffee and tea in the lobby all day. I happened to visit on a weekend when they had several local wineries do wine tastings for the guests and I ended up buying a few bottles. When I asked what chain the hotel was part of (so I could maybe see about points!), I learned it was family-owned and run, and later the owners came up to chat with me. They were so friendly, it just felt like I was at a bigger bed and breakfast!

Even though I love my points, I loved the service and feel and really want to see the owners succeed, so I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and had a great nights rest.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michele B
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

The Oaks Hotel is on par with Courtyard Marriott, at half the price! From check-in to check-out, the staff is professional, friendly and accommodating. A culinary-schooled chef cooks up omelets made to order (included in room charge), the beds are heavenly and the room luxurious. Just a short drive from the center of town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

My boyfriend and I were down in Paso Robles with his mom this past weekend to help his sister plan her wedding. In the search for a nice hotel, I happened to stumble upon The Oaks Hotel on TripAdvisor. The reviews did not disappoint! We loved staying here!

The staff is so nice and helpful (front desk, bartender, and owner, Phillip)! They wanted us to make sure that our stay was great.

The hotel itself is very clean and had great amenities. Room - large with high ceilings. Beds - firm and comfortable.Bedding - luxurious and soft. Shower - great water pressure! Bathroom - large with lots of lighting.

My boyfriend and I even tried the fitness center (one treadmill, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, and one functional trainer) while watching the NFL playoffs. Fabulous new Precor equipment! It would have been nice if there was a yoga mat and an exercise ball in there too. Also maybe a bottle of cleaner (tea tree oil + water? or orange oil + water?) and paper towels to wipe the equipment down after use (I'm just used to doing that at the gym).

The hot breakfast the next morning was also great! Scrambled eggs, country potatoes, cheesy potatoes, bacon, sausage, and french toast!

Overall, my boyfriend, his mom, and I loved our stay here! While the location is not walkable from downtown Paso Robles, The Oaks Hotel is less than 5 minutes away by car and it has a better location for highway access. (Don't worry about the noise, we couldn't hear any! Highway or elevator!)

TL;DR: Compared to other hotels with similar pricing, definitely stay here! Warm cookies at night, breakfast in the morning, comfy beds, great shower, nice staff!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adrienne L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

We selected this hotel in Paso Robles for a one night stay, based on previous TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel is a real gem. Mary and Philip were very warm and helpful hosts and our children loved the fresh cookies!

The room easily accommodated five. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the room was spotless. The breakfast was also of high quality with great variety of hot options.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

We are in the process of relocating to the Central Coast from Denver Co, and upon our realtors recommendation we checked out the Oaks Hotel. What a FIND!!! After long days of looking at real estate, the owners and staff were always there to greet and welcome us back. They have a very efficient staff in a beautiful, and clean establishment. We have stayed in many hotels in the area over the years and this was the best. Upon our departure they invited us to use the hotel office as our own if needed during our move. Great food, great staff, great hotel. What more could you want?

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of building and had no noise what so ever. I can't imagine a bad locat...
1 Thank Carol A
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

What more can be said about this new clean hotel? I was surprised that there was such low occupancy during our stay - people must not read reviews online before booking! The cook to order breakfast buffet was great. Try the waffles, they were much richer and tastier than typical hotel waffles.