“Great New Hotel in Paso Robles”
Review of The Oaks Hotel

The Oaks Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Great New Hotel in Paso Robles”
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

This brand new hotel offers spacious, comfortable rooms, quality beds and linens, and modern bathrooms. Chef-prepared breakfast included in price. Friendly, helpful staff knowledgable about nearby wineries and local attractions. Only draw back is location: closer to warehouse facilities on the outskirts of town than the tourist attractions of the town center.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MarkDSF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hungarian first
Orange County, California
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My mom, sisters and I were looking for a nice play to stay and I found this great hotel on-line. Upon our arrival, we were so pleasantly surprised at how charming the hotel was. It's very new, so everything is very clean. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. There is complimentary coffee in the rooms and a small refridgerator as well. There is also complimentary coffee in the lobby. A hot breakfast is also served every morning which is such a nice touch. We also enjoyed an after dinner drink at the bar in the evening. It was very relaxing. The owners are such a delight. Very friendly and hospitable. They made our stay so pleasant that we will defintely be back and refer others as well.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Santa Ynez, California
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This was a great hotel Very accommodating after 2 soccer teams had to be moved after a Marriott overbooked and could not accommodate us. They changed breakfast hours to make sure team could eat before games. They were bringing fresh baked cookies out for us guest to enjoy I stay at resorts all the time this hotel had the same quality bed linens, towels it was terrific.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Clovis, California
Reviewed 22 January 2013

What a very pleasant surprise awaited us on our recent weekend stay at The Oaks Hotel, Paso
Robles. From the start of our arrival to the departure the staff treated my husband and myself as
VIP's! Everyone was very obliging to make our visit a welcome experience. Breakfast is complete
and prepared by knowledgeable chefs served buffet style in a pleasant room. As to the bedroom,
it was a good size with wonderful beds and lovely linens both on the beds and in the bathroom.
Everything was shiny new and very clean. We found a small refrigerator to chill our cheese and
wine. Also, for security a room safe which we have seldom seen in our U.S. travels. For a night cape we had some local wines at the bar. This fine hotel deserves it's five star rating. My husband and myself are looking forward to our next stay. Stella and Dave

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was very impressed by this NEW hotel. It is family owned and you could tell they wanted you to be happy, as they were extremely friendly and accommodating. When we had missed the cut off of breakfast by 10 minutes and they still allowed us to come in and have a fantastic breakfast, made to order! There is no comparable breakfast at any of the chain hotels, and chef Sheryl was very personable and wanted to be sure we had all we could eat (we did!). I am a very picky coffee drinker, too, and I loved their coffee.

The room was more than adequate for two. It was very well appointed with lovely new beds (so comfy) and bathrooms that were also very spacious. The noise level was fine especially since our room was right by an elevator. They have a pool and spa which we didn't use, but a little girl said the spa was cold (all outdoors). They also have a small, but adequate fitness center. I really liked their "green" way of controlling electricity use with the key card.

The location is fine as there are other hotels very close by and if you are going to wineries, you would have to drive to them anyway. We were pretty close to downtown Paso Robles, too, where there are many fine restaurants and cute shops.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Paso Robles. (our friends even changed hotels when they came and saw ours!)

Room Tip: Third floor had high ceilings, but not sure if 1 and 2 did, too.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I happened upon The Oaks when I couldn't get a room at the Marriott. Even though I am big on points because I travel a lot, I would absolutely stay at The Oaks again when I pass through town because of how much value I got for the price.

It was comparable in price and room quality to a Marriott Courtyard or a Hampton Inn...its actually a little nicer, maybe because it's brand spanking new. And it comes with what felt like an upgraded free breakfast that's better than the other free breakfasts I've tried - As a huge bacon lover, I really appreciated thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, as opposed to the thin industrial food service kind you usually get with free breakfasts.

And it's full of personal touches. Fresh backed cookies at night, a really friendly bartender, and coffee and tea in the lobby all day. I happened to visit on a weekend when they had several local wineries do wine tastings for the guests and I ended up buying a few bottles. When I asked what chain the hotel was part of (so I could maybe see about points!), I learned it was family-owned and run, and later the owners came up to chat with me. They were so friendly, it just felt like I was at a bigger bed and breakfast!

Even though I love my points, I loved the service and feel and really want to see the owners succeed, so I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and had a great nights rest.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michele B
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The Oaks Hotel is on par with Courtyard Marriott, at half the price! From check-in to check-out, the staff is professional, friendly and accommodating. A culinary-schooled chef cooks up omelets made to order (included in room charge), the beds are heavenly and the room luxurious. Just a short drive from the center of town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo