“Brand New, clean and friendly.”
Review of The Oaks Hotel

The Oaks Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Spent the weekend at Paso Robles, and stay at The Oaks Hotel. The Hotel is brand new, is clean, and is very friendly. Easy to find, near the town and freeway.
Front desk, Jennifer is friendly, knowledgeable about the area, and wine. Made lots good suggestion, where to eat, to see, to drink. Inside the room, our room was on third floor, and it is high celling. Bedding sheets soft, and has double sheets. Plenty of the outlet for electronic to charges. Very easy to find. No need to move the lamp, or furnitures around. The room we were in has two TV. Can sit on the soft watching. No need to sit on the bed watch TV at day time. Bath room fixtures are high-end brand, Kohler. Very elegant. And clean. Bathroom has two bathrobe and slippers.
All those small things make trip on the road more comfortable and enjoyable.
Will stay there again when we in the area for sure.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 February 2013

On our way home from Monterey to L.A., we stayed at the Oaks Hotel to enjoy a day of wine tasting. The owners are the most kind and accommodating people. I will be staying here again without a doubt. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the room was so fresh and clean.
In the morning we had a hot buffet style breakfast that included the most delicious cheesy hash browns that are hard to forget, and the meal was included! The hotel is very hospitality based and
is owned by a family which is wonderful. Thank you to Mary and Cheryl for making our stay the best! I look forward to seeing you again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We recently were guests at The Oaks in Paso Robles. This is a new hotel so we expected it to be clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good, especially since it is included in the room cost. We were there to visit wineries, so the central location worked for us. It is close to downtown restaurants and shopping, but too far to walk. The bartender at the hotel bar was great. These were very nice accommodations for a much better rate than many of the other hotels and bed and breakfasts in the area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a guys weekend eatting good food and wine tasting. I booked this on the reviews. I must say it more than exceeded my expectations. The hotel was only 2 months old. The planning was well thought out down to the fact the in room safes were large enough to fit an i pad/lap top. The ceilings were 10-12 ft and our room was so spacious. The staff was great with the owners making sure anything you needed was taken care of. The location was in an up and coming area. However, one of the main streets was only 2 blocks away with starbucks etc.right by the highway. The town square was only a 5 min cab ride away for dinner plans(If you are drinking) They gave reusable bags upon check in as they stated Paso does not use plastic in the stores. Nice touch. All in all I would have to say I would stay here again in a second and highly recommend it. Although, after this review I might not be able to get in. :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is a very nice, new hotel. The rooms are large and comfortable. The heat worked well and was not noisy as in some hotels. There were little extras like free bottled water, slippers, robes, and thick towels. My only complaint is that the free breakfast was not available until 7am and I had to leave before that on a weekday. Other than that, everything was perfect. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed for one night at this hotel after reading the reviews.....It is a brand new hotel (3 months old) when we stayed there, but even though it is new, I can tell it will be a real gem. The reason is that the Owners are personally on site daily running the business, and involved in EVERYTHING. They are an extremely nice couple, and it is obvious that they have made this hotel their life. As a builder of apartments, hotels, and commercial projects, I can honestly tell you that these owners took to heart every aspect of the building and operation of their property. As far as construction goes, it is safe to say that the building itself is HIGHLY UPGRADED with upscale amenities as compared to any other 3 or even 4 star hotel I have been in. For example, all of the interior doors are solid core raised panel doors with 2 pair of ball bearing hinges, something you find only in multi-million dollar homes. All of the plumbing fixtures and bath hardware are top notch (Kohler), with matching bath accessories (towel bars, robe hooks T.P. holders, etc), and the difference in cost in this one item alone would cost the owner Tens of Thousands of dollars extra all by itself. I could go on, with the larger than normal moldings, quality of flooring, and various other components which they incorporated into this building, but I will not bore you further. Just take my 40 years of building experience to assure you that this is a 3 star building structure with 4 to 5 star quality components. Trust me when I say that I was impressed by the quality of amenities (construction wise), and I have been to Ritz Carltons and 4 Seasons which have not had nearly the quality of construction as this 3 star property. I commented to the Owner when we checked out that I noticed the quality of these amenities, and he was so pleased, as he said that just the matching Kohler robe hooks cost about $65. each!!!! Check out what most similar (Hampton Inn style) hotels have for robe hooks, and if they have them you will see the $2 cheapest style you can buy at Home Depot!
But that is just the quality of construction. The service was equally superb in all aspects. The Owners and their staff did everything they could to make us feel as if we were the only guests there, and always with a smile. The breakfast was very good, and again the Owners were there serving, cleaning, and attending to the guests every need. I have never seen service such as this at ANY hotel. Granted, location is not what you might hope for, as it is located near a commercial center, but across the street from an auto parts store and tractor parts store. But that is Paso Robles. You will find multi-million dollar winery estates next to shacks, so I was not too bothered by this. Besides, the area is very safe, and a very quiet community. We have stayed at other Hotels in this area for DOUBLE the cost which were no nicer or better, other than the fact that they had a whirlpool bath tub in the room. But this Hotel and it's service is superior, and for my money I will choose this over the much higher priced alternative any day. I would be surprised if the service in this location is not maintained, as the Owners obviously take great pride in making sure that their guests are more than happy with their stay. I will surely be back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Very comfortable rooms and a great location, close to downtown Paso restaurants. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Despite staying during a busy weekend where the hotel was packed, was not woken up by neighbors. Extremely comfortable and plush bed. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple