“Very Clean Hotel”

The Oaks Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Very nice hotel, My wife and I flew in to Paso ( small plane not the rich and famous). Great airport by the way. We were only doing a quick unplanned over night trip. The Oaks Hotel weekday (Mon.) price was $107 plus $12 tax. So we did not expect much but it was the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. They don't have view but they have a great free hot breakfast. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband, daughter and I went on our first trip with our new all electric car to Paso Robles. On the website that shows where you can charge your car, it listed The Oaks Hotel. I went to the front desk to inquire if they had a charging station. Philip, the hotel owner, stated that it was not yet installed but told me I could go in the back of the hotel and charge my car in an outlet that was outdoor. We had dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant so we asked him to call a taxi. The front desk called a taxi and we waited. When the taxi would not come after several calls, Philip drove us to the restaurant. The amazing thing about this- is that we were not hotel guests at The Oaks and he was still willing to help us out! When we returned Mary gave us a tour of the hotel. We will definitely stay there on our next trip to Paso Robles!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maritza I
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My girlfriends and I took a weekend trip to Paso Robles to indulge in wine, food, chocolate, shopping and pastries. Because I'm picky when it comes to hotels, I put myself in charge of finding the best hotel in the area. I read reviews of several local hotels in Paso Robles, including all of the reviews here on TripAdvisor and on Yelp, and decided that The Oaks Hotel was not only the nicest and the newest, but also the best value!

The hotel is conveniently located 4 minutes from the main downtown area of Paso Robles. Perfect if you are planning on dining at Thomas Hill Organics and Artisan.

We checked in at 3PM and were warmly greeted by the nice Asian American couple that own and run the hotel. The hotel lobby was clean, bright and spacious, with a small bar area for cocktails, and a side table for coffee and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and lavender scones. They were delicious! Kudos to the chef!

After a quick check-in, we made our way to our double Queen (with a sitting area) located on the third floor. The room was large, clean, and spacious, and smelled of brand new furniture. The management really paid attention to details!

The beds were extremely comfortable and were topped with super fluffy comforters and pillows that felt as if they were down-filled (I didn't know they were actually hypoallergenic down-alternative until I asked the next morning). To get an idea of how spacious the room was -- the room was equipped with two LCD televisions, a dresser, a chair, a closet with and iron and ironing board, lamps and nightstands, a desk, task chair, a full-size pull-out couch, coffee table and side tables, a mini-fridge, and microwave.

The bathroom was spacious and extremely clean. There was a coffee machine and a hair dryer provided in the bathroom and. The management provided extra bottles of water, robes, slippers, toiletries, and towels without being asked (even though I had booked the hotel through their website over a month ago and had simply noted that there would be 4 ladies staying there).

Although we didn't use the following, I knew these were available: free wi-fi, an outdoor pool and lounge area, and an indoor fitness center.

We had a great night's sleep. The hotel was very quiet and we all woke up well rested.

In the morning, we tried The Oaks Hotel's breakfast buffet (included with your stay) which I was very impressed by. We saw the owners' daughter hard at work cooking in the kitchen. I have had professional culinary training and I definitely noticed the high quality food and ingredients were being used and that she is a very good chef! The scrambled eggs were perfectly fluffy and well seasoned (best eaten while still piping hot from the kitchen). The bacon was a thick-cut, high quality bacon. The roasted diced potatoes weren't from a bag of pre-chopped frozen potatoes. They were perfectly cut and roasted in the oven. My favorite offering was the maple cranberry brioche bread pudding. It was delicious that we all had seconds (and I have to admit, I had thirds). There were a variety of other offerings including cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, orange juice, and a variety of freshly brewed coffees and a selection of teas.

Overall, we were very impressed with this family-run hotel! All my friends agreed that we would definitely come back and stay at The Oaks again and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annie L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to The Oaks because of the reviews and couldn't have been happier.
The room we initially reserved had a problem with a noisy bathroom fan and so they upgraded us to a mini suite. The fact that they didn't try to put us in the noisy fan room says a lot! Room was very clean with superior linens, comforter, and feather pillows.

We took the train to Paso for the first time and had no car. When we asked about restaurants within walking distance, they were happy to give us some good choices and even offered to drive us further into town if we wanted something a little farther away.

Breakfast was good and fresh. Mary, the owner, made sure the dining room was spotless the entire time breakfast was available. Phillip, her husband and owner was always about, checking on everyone.

All in all, this is a very clean, friendly, and well managed hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed on third floor because others said it was best. It was great!
1  Thank vanpeltsky
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We had a great one night stay. The service was excellent. The room was a good value for the price. The breakfast had a good but the dining room was a little noisy. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel had nice little touches like homemade cookies at night. Overall this was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The standard room was fine for the night for my husband and myself.
1  Thank ClaremontCaShrink
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I hesitate doing this review......because I don't want the place sold out the next time we visit. Everything about the Oaks was great. Great location near the 46 East and 101. Great Room with a Great Bed. Great Shower. Great Breakfast....included at no charge! It is family owned and operated with alot of personal care.

1  Thank Jack_Minter
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This hotel is brand new and everything you expect a brand new hotel to be, but really, the best thing was the customer service! The couple that run the hotel were so accommodating, and just so darn nice, as was the rest of the staff. We came with 3 boys' baseball teams and their families, and pretty much took over the place. The staff was bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect, including bringing us homemade scones 10pm at night just for fun (the scones are fabulous by the way, still warm from the oven). Breakfast is great as well, not just your usual morning fair, but also included things like frittatas and of course those scones, which you don't normally see at a hotel breakfast. The staff seemed to actually enjoy having us all there, and by the end of the weekend, knew our names as well. While the hotel is great in itself (clean, comfy, centally located), it's truly the staff there that make it a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family