“Wonderful weekend”

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful weekend”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I came to Paso after Thanksgiving and had a wonderful stay. This was my second time at this stay and had a great experience once again. Staff is very helpful, the breakfast is good, the dinner is awesome! I had the bacon mac 'n cheese with apple slice which IMO was amazing! I ordered the Indugle's Hamburger, which was great as well. Overall a great place to stay. I also like to add that I had left my comb in my room and contacted the hotel. They found my comb and mailed it back to me. Which I believe is great customer service! Hope to stay here again next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Luis G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Hungarian first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Came here over Thanksgiving this year for winery and brewery tasting tours. Paso has become the hotspot for wineries, who would have thought. The hotel is new, with spacious rooms, reasonable rates and 10 foot ceilings. The rooms are quiet, and the hotel, while close to everything Paso, is far enough from the freeway that you don't hear a thing.
Staff is friendly, rooms are well-appointed, pool is heated. Exercise room is small but nice, with two treadmills, an elliptical and a weight machine. Even the complimentary breakfast is worth staying for.
I will definitely stay here again when I return to Paso.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisB_WT
Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

If location is not a concern, the Oaks is a very fine hotel to consider. We had a suite on the third floor that was spacious and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the linens were top shelf. There is a micro and refrigerator in the room. It was very clean. Check in was great. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is more than ample with hot and cold items that were very good. This is a fine spot for families.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nana5864
Granite Bay
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The four of us, old college roommates, get together every year and go wine tasting. This year we came to Paso Robles and stayed at The Oaks Hotel. The rooms were lovely, complimentary water bottles each day, a fine breakfast with an omelet bar, easy parking, not far from downtown and many additional amenities. But it was the staff that was outstanding. Very helpful with suggestions for our itineraries and even came and picked me up in the middle of the day, with Tylenol and water in tow, when I was feeling ill. And the staff member wouldn't let me tip him...he said they like to help out their guests...its their customer service. I was very impressed. We would hands down stay here again. Thank you Oaks Hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sharon M
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I have traveled most of the world,and I can guarantee you won;t find a better place to stay than the Oaks Hotel! From check in to check out it was a great experience! The owners are onsite most of the time and they are caring and generous people. From making sure that your stay is going good to letting you know that there are more of their fabulous waffles available at the breakfast buffet.We chose one of the larger rooms and it was so cleverly designed,with 2 tv's and a couch. It seemed much larger than it was,and it was large. We were celebrating our anniversary,and one night we returned to our room to find a very fine bottle of wine and a nice anniversary card. NOW let me tell you about the restaurant at the hotel called" indulge". IT IS FANTASTIC!! The owners daughter Cheryl is a Cordon Bleu trained chef and she is cooking some of the best food you can find in that area! The menu is not huge,but it covers everything you would need for a fine dinning experience. From wonderful salads to tasty and innovative deserts,a GREAT dinning experience. I was hesitant to write a review because I would really like to keep this place my secret,but with a place this nice,I don't mind sharing!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arcoccia
Stateline, Nevada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

New and very clean hotel located on the north end of town.

Four of us checked into two separate rooms.

The front desk staff was very attentive and friendly. I believe Mary checked us in. We were there for a birthday celebration weekend and were upgraded to a suite.

As mentioned the hotel is new and everything looked clean and still well taken care of. It opened in 2012 and still looks great.

The lobby has coffee and a bar area along with the restaurant which we did not try but was busy on a Saturday evening.

The first floor also contains a guest laundry and gym.

Our rooms were on the third floor and were large, clean and up to date. There were two TV's, decent sized bathroom, couch, hutch/closet and separate air conditioning controls with a wall unit.

Our room contained a refrigerator and microwave.

You get a free cooked to order breakfast and on the Saturday we were there, there was wine tasting from a local winery.

Overall, we had an excellent stay in a clean, quiet room with great staff.

We even got two bottles of wine for the birthday boy and girl. NICE TOUCH.

Good job. Keep it up!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
brooklyn new york
Reviewed 24 November 2013

my friend and i take a road trip every year. this year we chose the wine region of paso, which was wonderful. we stayed 3 nights with the folks at the oaks and enjoyed every minute. you are treated so well from the time you check in until check out. the place is relatively new...one yr old and is lovely, comfortable and affordable. don't hesitate....a special thanks to jennifer who guided us in a number of areas. the restaurant on site is really good too!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends