“Absolutely Divine!”

Ranked #2 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
San Anselmo, California
“Absolutely Divine!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at Croad Inn for almost a whole week prior to my son's wedding at a nearby winery. We rented the entire Inn including the kitchen for most of the week and for the Rehearsal Dinner. The Inn is perched on top of a hill and setting is spectacular with lovely views of the neighboring wineries. Each evening we sat outside for our wine hour and cooked dinners several times eating outside overlooking the vineyards. Everything was perfect from the hospitality of the owner Martin Croad who is not only an expert winemaker, he was unbelievably gracious host caring for our every need. Others Erin and Rosie was equally attentive yet all of them let us enjoy with Inn feeling like it was our private home for the week. The room décor is top notch and amenities, beds and sheets wonderful. All rooms were equally comfortable and nice! Large living area downstairs with a large TV for gathering your group.

We can't wait to come and stay again - hopefully each year!! Try Croad wines too - wonderful!!

Room Tip: The room called Aroha is a bit larger with the best views but all the rooms are equally nice and ver...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank APUSA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I arrived late, really late to The Inn at Croad Vineyard. I was tired, hungry, and couldn't believe when the owner, Martin Croad a native Australian, met me at the inn with a glass of their Estate Zinfandel in hand. He showed me to my room which was spacious and a stellar bathroom.

When I woke up from one of the most restful night sleeps I had ever had, I made my way to the kitchen for their continental breakfast. Let's just stop here for a moment. We are talking eggs, waffles, organic yogurts and cheese, pastries and croissants (with homemade jams!), so many different berries and fruits, coupled with coffee and tea and fresh squeezed fruit juice. I was in awe over the many different types of cereal available. Really, the whole setup was amazing. They thought of everything! My stomach was quite happy about that fact!

The Tasting Room is spacious and very tastefully decorated. They offer complimentary Wi-Fi for those that want to come and enjoy a glass of wine and do a little work. Kiwi Hour aka Wine Happy Hour occurs everyday from 2-3pm. One of the really cool things that Croad does for their Inn guests is that they make a platter filled with cheese, nuts, and fruit that you can enjoy at the tasting room, at the Inn, or they will leave it in the refrigerator for you to have later. It is the little touches like this that made me feel I was staying in a 5-Star resort.

The Croad Wines also deliver on taste and excellence. If you enjoy big bold red wines, then you must try their Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah. Thank you Croad Inn and Vineyard for welcoming me to your fairy tale property.

You can read my full review here: http://bit.ly/1w5gV46

Room Tip: There are only four rooms and each is decorated differently. They are all quite awesome. I stayed on...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kristi T
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I found this little jewel online and booked it because it was near the Hearst Castle where we were going. I was pleasantly surprised with the hilltop location and the surrounding beauty. Rosie and Martin, manager and owner were warm and welcoming greeting us with great wine and a fabulous cheese plate. The room was comfortable, cool and quite. The breakfast was served in the great room which was most pleasant. The variety and quality of foods available for this meal would rival a five star hotel. I only wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy more.

Room Tip: see rooms online.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a wonderful location and beautiful property! My husband and I felt as though we were staying at our own private vineyard in Italy.
Rosie the manager is a delight and Martin the owner could not have been more generous with his time explaining the intricacies of the "dry" growing of their grapes. Excellent wine in the tasting room.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wellingborough
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I needed to decompress after a long week in Palo Alto and Croads was perfect. From the time I arrived until the time I left, I was treated like a special guest. Rosie in the tasting room and Martin (Croad) could not have been better hosts. The room was beautifully luxurious and the breakfast each morning was excellent.

The location is stunning, with views over the vineyards and hills beyond and made for a very relaxing couple of days. I cannot recommend Croads highly enough. If you are visiting Paso Robles and are looking for a quiet and comfortable retreat then I don't think you will find a better place. A big, big thank you to all the staff at Croads for making my weekend very memorable.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, all the rooms are well appointed and only vary in size.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Nipomo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We love staying here. The view is the best, the wine is great. The rooms are comfortable and you have everything you need for an evening or two. The breakfast set-up is perfect. Sitting outside for breakfast or during the sunset is very relaxing. Martin and staff are the nicest people you will ever meet. You will get a glass of wine and a cheese plate with your stay. A nice way to end the day. Its a bit pricey but to us its worth it. We stay whenever we get the chance. We will be back no doubt. Posted a few photos of the Inn, room and views

Room Tip: There is no bad room here.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Fantastic location with breathtaking views of the surrounding vineyards and countryside. The photos don't do this property justice. Rooms and common areas are everything one could ask for - clean, comfortable and high quality all around. Lots of picturesque spots to sit and enjoy the view, or use one of the multiple wood burning fireplaces. Great wine tasting on the property and throughout the West side of Paso Robles. Owners and staff are incredibly friendly, accommodating and low-key. Perfect combination of comfort, amenities and privacy. We're not traditionally B&B frequenters, but would be if they were all like this. Highly recommended. Definitely our favorite option in Paso Robles - looking forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple