We stayed here for 2 nights in mid August. It seriously is a great villa from where you can base your Paso trip. Here's what we loved:
1. Ultra comfortable bed. Seriously, insanely comfortable.
2. Delicious breakfasts and very good coffee--had croissant French toast first day, wife had a leek quiche the next day, I had blueberry pancakes.
3. Wine and cheese in the late afternoon, to wind down the day and relax pre-dinner. Oh, and the wine choices they offered were very knowledgeable and flexible based on our likes.
4. Very helpful hosts, Jim and Diane. Ridiculously nice and helpful with a few solid, very enjoyable winery recommendations (Daou, Tablas Creek, and Adelaida). They also recommended Denner, but we didn't have a reservation and ran out of time.
5. Views from the balcony of our room. Pretty cool wildlife hangs out there, so while there are no TVs there, unwind, sit on the balcony, and enjoy watching the wildlife!
Will we return? YES. I gained a much better appreciation of Paso wine and you would be hard pressed to find a nicer place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Canyon Villa is a nationally recognized award-winning Tuscan-inspired Bed & Breakfast nestled among the rolling hills and vineyards of the acclaimed westside Paso Robles wine region. The Canyon Villa offers a gracious, luxurious and intimate hospitality experience. Our five-star boutique Inn will enthrall you with its Italian architecture, panoramic views, world-class cuisine, award-winning service and opulent amenities. Whether you seek a serene respite from a busy world, or an enchanting visit to the Central Coast, The Canyon Villa offers refined elegance to celebrate a milestone with a loved one, an extended weekend getaway with friends exploring the award-winning Paso Robles wine region or an overnight reprieve on your journey. ... more less