“Wonderful birthday getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paso Robles
Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband found the Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast on tripadvisor. He planned a two day getaway for my birthday. Carolyn and Roland the owners were such wonderful, friendly people, really enjoyed visiting with them. And Carolyn was so helpful in making dinner reservations for us. The property was amazing, with a feel of Tuscany with the view of the vineyards outside our room (room #1),(what I would imagine Tuscany to be since I have yet to go there). The breakfast was amazing both days, very creative. Not to mention the cookies (wish I would have asked Carolyn for the recipe). There was also a delicious little carrot cake with a candle in our room for my birthday, along with sparkling wine and a bottle of red wine as well. It was a wonderful getaway and we will be returning in the future I am sure. Thank you Carolyn and Roland for making us feel right at home. I would also recommend The Wine Wrangler to shuttle you for wine tasting, they provide a box lunch, which was good and we visited five wineries without the concern of driving ourselves.

Room Tip: We checked out all of the rooms, there are three. And even though they are all nice, room one was la...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

We are pleased to have been part of your Birthday celebration and are glad you enjoyed yourselves. We try to make your stay effortless and relaxing so I love to help make those little arrangements like reservations. A hired ride can be a great way to go when wine tasting and The Wine Wrangler is one of the best.
We look forward to your return,

There are newer reviews for Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I had a wonder time at Chanticleer B&B. We arrived and Carolyn greeted us as we got off the car. The rooms were lovely. I was in room 2, which is the smallest room, but it was comfortable and the view was remarkable. There were always two fresh baked cookies in our cookie jar and the breakfast was delicious. I especially loves the crust less quiche and potatoes. We did venture down to the barn to play pool and walk around before sunset. It was centrally located to everything, town was only a short drive away and there are vineyards all around. Thank you for a wonderful get away. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and we are glad you had a relaxing stay. Sometimes it just takes getting away.
We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were greeted by the proprietress upon our arrival, and from the moment I met her and was introduced to the area I knew we were in for a wonderful weekend. Carolyn and Roland were very friendly and helpful, and the dogs were sweet. Carolyn made us a special carrot cake and gave us a bottle of sparkling wine as an anniversary gift! The bed was super comfy and one of my favorite parts of being there was relaxing on the back porch. We had our own little back porch and I sat there reading my book while the birds frolicked in the trees. There was one bird who liked coming up on the railing to hop around; he was so cute!

We stayed two nights and breakfast was fantastic both days. It was fun to talk with the other people staying there and Carolyn and Roland spent time talking with us too. It truly felt like we were just staying at a good friend's house for the weekend. I loved it and I hope to be able to go back again some time. It would be fun to bring friends and hang out down in the barn where they have a TV and pool table.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for your review. Sometimes you don't have to go far to get away. So glad you enjoyed chose Chanticleer to celebrate your special Anniersary. We look forward to your return and to meeting your friends!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Chanticleer was our second choice but how lucky were we that our first choice was not available. The B&B was great. Carolyn and her husband are excellent hosts. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Carolyn was always willing and available to help with making reservations, suggestions on what to see and do, just over all helpful. And she cooks a great breakfast. We stayed in room 1 which was wonderful. We did not go into the other two rooms but We hear they are just as comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 3 is attached but entered outside of the house.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review and we are so glad things worked out like they did, and that you enjoyed your stay. One of the things we enjoy about having the B&B is meeting interesting people from all parts of the world. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at this beautiful property in Paso Robles Wine Country for 2 nights in April. Carolyn(the owner) was a terrific host, and made us feel right at home. The views are spectacular, and most of them are all vineyards. It is very close to many winieries, and not far from the main town. The room was very nice, and had a nice deck overlooking the vineyards. It is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are different sizes, so check website for choices.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure hosting you and your group. It is a bonus being close to the downtown, wineries, and having great vineyard views :)
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I came here for our anniversary and enjoyed a relaxing, beautiful time. Carolyn is a fabulous cook and always offers excellent advice on cooking, nearby vineyards and the best restaurants to visit in town. This was the second time we've been to the Chanticleer and we plan on coming back next year as well. California has a lot of great places to go wine tasting, but Paso Robles has the laid-back, authentic feel that we were craving (without the pomp of Napa, and much lower prices). Chanticleer is an amazing base for wine tasting and a destination in and of itself....Get take out dinner and eat it on the back porch so you can enjoy the views with a bottle of wine you purchased during the day.

I would recommend this bed and breakfast to all of my friends and family, but I would note that anyone who is afraid of animals, there are several friendly dogs and a cats on the property. We love them, but others may not.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your return and we're happy to be your "Home Away from Home :)" and your home base while you're touring Paso Robles. We find that most of our guests enjoy our outdoor dogs and cats because they miss their own pets while traveling.
We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We were very fortunate to have a chance to stay here during a holiday weekend. Last minute cancellations by another couple allowed us to book this place on a whim. This was my first b & b experience and I will definitely be coming back. I think this place has set the standard pretty high. The minute you are greeted by Carolyn, you feel like she's inviting you into her home. Very warm, hospitable, and friendly. We stayed in room 2, very cozy and romantic with amazing views of the vineyards from the balcony. Exploring the grounds was also fun. The barnyard is a nice touch, we were led to it by a friendly cat. It is a nice entertainment area. We were also very delighted to have a complimentary bottle of wine with the B & B label on it. The breakfast was also amazing, she is a great cook and even has her own cooking book. I wish out stay could have been longer but we will definitely be coming back. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your review. Cancellation are without a doubt my least favorite part of our B&B business, especially if it falls within our cancellaton policy. I am so glad it worked out for the best.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.