“Should have been our first stop!”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #28 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Porterville, California
“Should have been our first stop!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

After an impromptu trip to the wine country hubby and I looked for a hotel-motel. Prices were ridiculous but we understood it was the weekend. We found this place after driving up and down street. The only thing I would have liked would have been a table and chairs so we could have eaten our dinner.

Room Tip: we got a single room, no table and chairs, would be my only issue.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bert Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I found this little place on my road trip one night cruising down the road looking for a place too stay the night in. On the most booked holiday weekend. N went down into the city of paso Robles n wonder here. Boy was I happy they had a vacancy. Had gone from one town to another town trying to find a place too stay the night for. Me so happy. Was well worth paying a very high price. More then usual. Holidays will get u. Ok so anuff about me n my trip. This place is very clean n affordable. The guy who helped me out was very nice. N was very friendly. This hotel is in a good spot near stores n gas stations. Not that far from the freeway. A little inward from the freeway. Which is good!!! Bed is comfy. Would stay here again when I pass thru this city.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dcbabes433
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the Economy Inn for one night on a drive through the area over the holidays. I didn't expect much considering the price point, especially since it wasn't listed on TripAdvisor at the time, but I was pleasantly surprised by my experience there.

The room was very clean, save for one piece of trash that probably fell out as the maid left the room earlier that day, and appeared to be recently renovated. The room was appointed with a nice flat-screen TV, and the bed was comfy. The room was a reasonable size for a night's stay but wouldn't be ideal for a vacation to surrounding wineries.

I arrived around 11 in the evening, and I am pretty sure I woke up the proprietor when I arrived. Nonetheless, he was very friendly and accommodating. I recommend arriving before 10 to avoid this issue, as I discovered later on that he lives there with his family.

Overall, the Economy Inn makes for a great, simple overnight stop. Glad I didn't go to the Motel 6 instead!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank davdaven
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

For the price, this was a good stop-over. The new owner was most helpful and is in the process of renovating the rooms. We were the first to use our room and were pleased with it. It had good air conditioning and wifi, along with a TV, fridge and microwave. Good supermarket across the road and lots or restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple