“Lovely Hotel with Amazing Staff”

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Santa Monica, California
“Lovely Hotel with Amazing Staff”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our room was spotless, like the hotel was just built. The bed was sooo comfy and the linens were crisp and smelled like clean soap. The staff was uber attentive and kind and knowledgeable.
The hotel is right next to the freeway, but everything is soundproofed to the max.
It is also right by a mall, so it does not win for beautiful surroundings by any means. However, once you are inside, it is a delight.
We did not eat here, but will next time , as I hear it is delicious.
Will be back.

Room Tip: On opposite side from freeway. Also, the rooms with the bathroom dividing the living and bedroom ar...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

It's a nice hotel room, but I wouldn't say it has a lot of character, and the location's convenient, but not attractive.

It feels very much like a nice chain hotel room.... EXCEPT for the hot tub in the room.

I was there on a romantic holiday, and we loved the hot tub. We brought champagne with us and sat in the tub, drinking our champagne and watching a romantic comedy on the tv (good thing the hot tub's in the living room!).

We had a nice dinner at a nearby restaurant, and got back in the hot tub that night.

I'm not sure that the room was worth the price, but we did love the hot tub :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The Bellasera is an adorable botique hotel and we loved our stay. The exterior is in the middle of no where, like many places in Paso ;), but dont let the parking lot/hotel complex exterior fool you! Inside you are a world away and everything is fancy looking. It was winter, but warm, so I went out to the pool to read. My disappointment was they hadn't fenced it off from the freeway. I think they need ot put up a wall and or vegetation to take your vision and mind away from the fact that you are literally on the freeway! If they put in a distractor, it would have been a very nice pool scene.

Our room was beautiful, 418, and had a decent view. It had the inroom Jacuzzi, which is a MUST! We drank wine and watched TV from the tub, which was so relaxing. The bathroom is very modern with a fully glass shower- but something was off here too. For some reason the bathroom reeked of mold. They came to clean daily, but somehow it persisted. I think the water goes under the glass door into all the tile/grout/molding and breeds there. When we kept the bathroom door shut, you couldn't smell it, but if we forgot and left the door ajar, the smell spread everywhere. I will say it bothered my nose more than my husband's.

We also stopped in at the restaurant for desert only and had the chocolate cake- so yummy! Since it was late, we got the big chairs next to the fire all to ourselves to indulge in the chocolate. A must do to end a great night in Paso! All people were friendly that we interacted with. Would definitely recommend this little place out anyone who needed a stay in the area!

Room Tip: Get a Jacuzzi room!
1 Thank MissKeely
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel had some perks, the in-room jacuzzi was the best and the bed was very comfortable. The outdoor pool and hot tub were also nice. Other than sleeping and using the spa facilities, we did not hang out here. The location is central but the view is of a 2 star hotel and a highway. Good for one night of sleep.

1 Thank JessieStarr
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the La Bellasera for two nights. Upon check-in, I was greeted by Teri and Carol Ann, who were both more than helpful. They answered my questions about the area and stood ready to help me with anything. Next, Austin was helpful in assisting me with my luggage and even offered me a free upgrade - that's what I call customer service!!

The room was very nice and everything went well..

I had the occasion to eat in the restaurant there - VERY good! The breakfast was great, but not as good as the server, Brenda. What a nice person with a great personality.

I ate dinner there as well... Dennis at the bar was great as was his recommendation for dinner. I also chatted with Aleksa, who was equally charming and helpful.

Overall, this is a great place to stay when visiting Paso... There is no shortage of friendliness, cleanliness or ambience.

Room Tip: I had the Jacuzzi in the room... Nice to relax and catch a movie...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vernon M
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Was looking for a stop between San Francisco and LA, and found La Bellasera. The room was lovely, large and beautiful. Bed was very comfortable. My husband and I were looking for a place to relax, and this was it! The restaurant was excellent and the concierge was very helpful in letting us know what places we could go for lunch the next day.

I highly recommend La Bellasera!

2 Thank Laura L
Lomita, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here for a wine tasting afternoon with several couples. Easy to find, looks pretty common place from the outside. Lobby is classy, as well as the rooms. Rooms are spacious, not huge but more than enough for one night. Has a separate sitting area, with a overpriced minibar. I liked the walk in shower, and the bath amenities smelled nice and were actually useful. Bed was comfortable enough, not the best but definitely not the worst. It is almost in the same parking lot as the Hampton Suites, so if you can get a better rate you might do just as well to stay there. I also isn't close to downtown Paso, so if you want to walk around there you will have to drive or take "Fetch" which is their local taxi.

What made the stay was the front desk woman who checked us in and out the next morning. Teri was amazing, she was so gracious and welcoming it was refreshing. We got in a little early, and she was very accommodating by getting us a room so we could unpack and unwind before boarding our van for our wine tasting. She gave us suggestions for wineries, as well as for dinner. Thank you Teri for making our stay wonderful!

We did eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant, it was OK. Nothing overly special, as expected but the mimosa was WAY overpriced, even for a hotel. Each one was more than each of our breakfast plates! They were good though, and hey we are on vacation!

I would recommend the hotel, for a larger hotel it was nicer than most. Not as quaint as a B&B, but for an over nighter I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: None have any kind of view, so don't worry about getting one that has one. Another couple staye...
1 Thank BMRosenberger