“My new favorite hotel!”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
California
“My new favorite hotel!”
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I watched La Bellasera get built very slowly over the course of a few years while I stayed at the nearby Hampton Inn & Suites repeatedly for travel up and down the coast on Highway 101. Finally got to stay there.... LOVED IT!

My standards for quality are very high. I only like hotels with very modern and new furnishings. I'm also a stickler for cleanliness...and my eyesight is VERY good! So I notice anything not quite right.

I have to say that everything about this hotel was first rate. It's a small property, which gave it a cozy feel. It seemed completely brand new and extremely well maintained. Clearly, no expense was spared in the choice of furnishings throughout the common areas and guest rooms. The staff were friendly and helpful but not intrusive. The food in the restaurant is excellent, much better than most hotel restaurants (though not cheap). The pool area is small but very nicely furnished with an outdoor fireplace. The room furnishings are exquisite. The two room suite I had was very very spacious, felt like a small apartment. There was lots of accent lighting, free wifi, and a high-tech flat screen TV that could also serve as a computer monitor. The room had both a stocked mini-bar fridge as well as a fridge I could use for my own stuff. The bathroom was all ceramic tiles with a beautiful walk-in shower. Gorgeous.

The location is immediately adjacent to an on/off ramp to Highway 101. I suppose that could mean there's some highway noise on rooms that face the freeway, but mine was on the top floor and faced the back and was extremely quiet.

Also, if for any reason there were a bunch of kids in the pool, it was small enough that that could take away from the enjoyment for people who are not traveling with kids. But it was extremely quiet and tranquil around the pool while I was there.

There is the word "spa" in the title of the hotel, but I did not partake. One can definitely get spa treatments either in your own room or in a treatment room off the lobby, but I did not get the impression that there was a large, fully-staffed spa with fixed hours on premises; could be wrong about that; please check with the hotel directly if that's important to your stay.

Proximity to the many wineries in Paso Robles and the beach at Cambria and Morro Bay is excellent.

I was there mid-week and got an excellent rate ($169). I used room service twice and the rates were what you would expect for a Marriott or comparable hotel. The service was quick, polite, and accurate.

In brief, I loved everything about this place and will DEFINITELY be back as often as possible!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vallelunga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
MN
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Great hotel! Very comfortable. We stayed in a King Suite. Large room with separate sitting and bed areas (no door between though). 2 large, flat sceen TV's, in room computer with free internet service, large bathroom/shower (no tub). In room coffee, mini bar, separate fridge for personal items, safe. Beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable, nice linens. Great restaurant as well. I was expecting mediocre food from a hotel restaurant, but it was excellent (coconut crusted halibut was awesome!), and we also had excellent service. You won't be disappointed with the hotel or restaurant.

1 Thank Mnmom2girls
Laguna Niguel, Ca
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We spent 3 nights at this high end hotel. We stayed in a King Suite, which was great because I could get up and sit in the living room without disturbing my husband. The hotel is very comfortable and has a refrigerator, a computer for you to use in the room, a refrigerator and safe. I was a little disappointed our partcular room did not have a tub, although it had an oversized shower. The beds are comfortable, the toiletries are high end, it has an I-Pod docking station (however it does not charge your I-Pod so bring a charger). The pool and exercise are small but adequate. The staff are all fabulous and very attentive. we got a special rate of $170 which we thought was a steal for a hotel of this calibre.

2 Thank peggymack
yorba linda, ca
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We chose La Bellasera based on previous Trip Advisor reviews, and it was great. Room decor was a bit more classic/contemporary than I'd anticipated, but all beautiful furnishings. Bed was wonderful; bathroom roomy, and the amenities (even little toothbrush and shaving "kits") were first class. They even have use of a free "thin client" computer available in your room, through the TV in the "living room." They have another TV in the bedroom.
We ate dinner one night at the hotel's restaurant (I think it's called Enoteca), and both the food and service were great, especially the corn and pepper soup. Wish we'd eaten there again the second night rather than the Mexican restaurant in town we chose!

2 Thank mojotravel
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I can't say enough about the wonderful stay we had at La Bellasera. Everything was perfect... the staff was friendly, the room clean and beautiful, the massages superb!!. Swimming pool and workout area were kept very nicely. Everything was top notch!! We will return to La Bellasera. Beautiful hotel! Great service!!

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank Jimenezl
rockland ny
Reviewed 9 August 2009

this was a stunning quiet clean unbelievable service i have no words for this hotel . Large room stunning pool fireplace highly recommended 10+

1 Thank briendy2000
San Diego
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Birthday surprise trip for my husband. There were 8 of us. Dining room and front desk staff were outstanding in helping me pull off a huge surprise....the dining room staff were amazing in seating us at a table for 2 that would later be converted to a table of 8.
The pool area was wonderful for sitting outside at night.
The rooms were wonderful, with big sitting rooms and really wonderful baths. Maid service twice a day.
A hotel of this quality in a big city would go for $500 a night.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family