“A wonderful getaway for our family reunion/wedding weekend”

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
San Francisco
“A wonderful getaway for our family reunion/wedding weekend”
Reviewed 30 November 2009

My husband's sister planned a wedding for the Saturday after Thanksgiving at a winery in Paso Robles. After renting a house with the large extended family for Thanksgiving, we headed to the Bellasera for the wedding weekend-- complete with kids, grandparents, and lots of other adult friends and family. The hotel was perfect. It is small, very well maintained, and it has that great small town feeling. We all felt so important and so well cared for. We got off to a great start when we were allowed to check in early so that my kids could nap at noon-- with no notice! Thanks to careful planning by the reservations staff, we were also able to group the family members in nearby rooms. The rooms are beautiful, but not too over-the-top to be comfortable. The restaurant opened at 7-- which was the perfect excuse for the grandparents to take our kids to early breakfast so my husband and I could sleep in! The food was so good, we ate every non-wedding meal there-- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 brunch, and 1 dinner! The restaurant bar was also a great spot for after-wedding festivities.

The BEST thing about the hotel is the really wonderful staff-- in particular, the bellman attended to all of our needs-- moving our belongings, arranging our multi-room checkout so that we wouldn't have to wait, and treating my kids like little kings! He even brought us water as we struggled to stuff all of the wedding gear back into our cars at checkout and produced cute little toys to occupy the kids.

We will definitely go back there for a "reunion". Paso is half way between our home in San Francisco and extended family in LA and San Diego. I can't wait to get back to try the spa and explore wine country a bit more.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank MOMfromSF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2009

La Bellasera is a must stay at hotel. The pictures were true to itself not only outside and lobby but in the rooms as well. It is a very beautiful hotel inside and out. Generally advertisements will only show you the beautiful lobby and give immpressions that the whole hotel including room is like the lobby and you end up disappointed. Not so with La Bellasera. You get the wow and amazement throughout the whole place. La Bellasera's affordable price gives you an experience that other "Luxury" hotels give but with a heavy price tag. We were thoroughly pleased and look forward to when we can stay longer.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sunshinegirl11
Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights . Couldn't be better , clean Beautiful room , specious bathroom , great service , you won't go wrong with this choice . Thank you La Bellasera!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilit7lilit
Washington State
Reviewed 3 November 2009

La Bellasera hotel proved to have the best staff I've ever encountered. Every person we met,in every phase of our visit was a 10. The rooms we had (2) were excellent and clean at all times. The restaurant staff and food was beyond excellent as was the bar. At no time did we ever find ourselves without Every recommendation they made for wineries,restaurants, site seeing were just as excellent as they suggested. In short they are as good as it gets in every way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2009

This is a gorgeous property. It is an opulent Italian style villa with all the upgrades and amenities you could desire. The rooms are spectacular. They are large, plush and elegant! Mine had a jacuzzi tub surrounded by Roman columns with a beautiful mural behind the tub. There was granite and marble, beautiful fabrics, a sitting area, nice desk, and very, very comfortable bed with exquisite linens. Turn down service excellent and gracious staff everywhere from turn down service, to front desk, to bellman, to restaurant. Wonderful experience. I would love to return. This is not your typical stop along the 101 Freeway, it's a masterpiece designed with the ultimate luxury in mind.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank GriffinCrowley
San Juan CA
Reviewed 13 October 2009

See above. Otherwise was fine. Clean bedding. Nice appointments in every way, but the noise in the room was deafening.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonaldHa
Paso Robles
Reviewed 6 October 2009

This hotel is absolutely fabulous for out of towners. But let me tell this to the locals (or anyone who is looking into a destination wedding here) DO NOT host a wedding or large event at this hotel. I've been dealing with the sales manager for over a year, and I can't even believe how disappointed I am. He is extremely forgetful and unprofessional. You have to actually walk in and talk to him in order to get a response for anything, he does not reply to e-mails. Seriously. I e-mailed three times over two weeks, and he never replied. I had to call and talk to the general manager and complain about him. Planning a wedding all on your own is a lot of hard and stressful work. This individual is making the planning a nightmare for me. I have to ask for things at least twice in order to get them done, I've had to call twice to complain about him, it's just a mess. Please take my advice, do not host an event here. I've never written a review for a hotel in my entire life, but this situation is just so ridiculous. I know it's a nice hotel, and their prices for an event are outstanding, but I guess that's why the service is so poor. I wish I would have booked my wedding somewhere else, and paid more, just to save myself from this headache.

But like I said, if you are vacationing, it's great. But for large group events, don't bother.

• Stayed October 2009