“I can't wait to go back!!!!!!”

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
San Diego, Ca
“I can't wait to go back!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I went to Paso Robles for my wedding at Robert Hall. We were originally wanting to get married on Kauai and really wanted to have that destination feel. For many reasons, we decided it would be better if we moved it to somewhere in California, so thankfully we decided to get married in Paso Robles. It was important to us that we make it affordable for everyone, but we really wanted to stay in a boutique type hotel. La Bellasera was perfect. It exceeded all of our wants and needs. Moreover, it is across the parking lot from the Comfort Suites Inn, which was perfect for our guests that couldn't afford to stay at La Bellasera or had dogs.

*Anyway, La Bellasera was absolutely, hands down, amazing. The morning bellman, Jeremy, was phenomenal. He was so kind and so helpful with everything from loading and unloading the luggage into the cars to answering questions about where to go to watch a football game. So when you go, you need to meet him. He really is great. Then there was the bartender at the restaurant, Denis, who was also incredibly amazing. The night after our wedding, we all went back to La Bellasera's bar. First the food is amazing, but more than that, the ambiance is fun, friendly, and warm. I love fireplaces in restaurants. Back to Denis. There were 20+ of us and the hotel bar was supposed to close at midnight, but he didn't say a word when the clock struck twelve and kept serving us while not seeming to be bothered at all. His affect didn't change one bit. We finally left hours later. The next day all of our guests left and my husband and I decided to stay another night. We went to dinner in the restaurant because of all of the things previously mentioned and I love their filet dinner. Denis gave us free desserts as a congratulations.

Then there is Paul at the front desk. He was great, helpful and very understanding. My husbands family accidentally booked two rooms for his grandmother and there was a 48-72 policy (can't remember which one). He was so nice to let us cancel the room day of when his grandmother checked in, even though it was our mistake.

The room was beautiful. We had a large and very comfy bed in a room that could be closed off. In the sitting room, there was a couch and the best part... the jacuzzi tub. We sat in the jacuzzi and watched a movie on the flat screen t.v. The bedroom had a flat screen as well. The room was clean, very clean and I am a freak about cleanliness.

Here is the only caution and the one thing keeping La Bellasera from reaching perfection. There is a girl that works at the front desk and I don't know that I ever got her name. We met her a few times and she was very short, rude rather, and not helpful in the least. She has long blonde hair and wears glasses. If she is still working there, do not let her deter you. Everyone else more than makes up for her.

Now that I have written an essay (sorry about that), but I have so many great things to say about La Bellasera and I don't even feel like I scratched the surface. We are so very much looking forward to going back for our 1 year anniversary for certain, but hopefully we will make it up there before that. (Please excuse the typo's)

• Stayed November 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Florida
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We loved the style of hotel, the hotel staff was wonderful and very helpful in everthing from helping us make dinner plans to winery tours, I would be sure to recommend Hotel La Bellasera in Paso Robles, Ca to friends and family, we had the most wonderful experience, I had alot of special instructions for our second honeymoon and they were fulfilled with the up most detail. Not was I totally satisfied but my wife also was satisfied and surprised that everything was planned with such detail special thanks to the staff at the hotel for making 16th wedding annivesary one that we will never forget.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1sttimewine
NYC
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Was visiting wine country and decided to splurge on hotel stay. Well maintained though not really on a separate campus, seems out of place right off highway. HOwever landscaping makes an effort to make it seem like an oasis of sorts. Shares a parking lot with another hotel (hampton inn I think?) Gorgeous decor. Lobby has weekend tastings hosted by local wineries, so that's nice. Restaurant is decent, along with bar. Room had fireplace and balcony big enough to have 2 loungers. While the scenary from balcony wasn't anything to get excited about, it was mostly private and comfortable. Pool is nice and they have outdoor fireplace. We had some fantastic zinfandel while lounging poolside. Only complaint: lobby noise echoes to rooms so if you're located near the atrium you'll hear it. Had to suffer a boorish wedding party but management was responsive to our complaints.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank setiramm
california
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I recently stayed at the La Bellasera with my partner because we wanted to do a little wine tasting and attend a wedding for a friend up in Paso Robles. I was initally attracted to this hotel because of the lovely,and I must say, misleading website. The website appears to be in the heart of a vinyard. Upon arriving I was compleatly shoked to find out that it's along the 101 freeway overlooking a dumpy motel. When we checkedin Crystal checked us in and was not very welcoming. I didn't really want to be on the freeway side, she couldn't accomidate us. In our hallway there was dirty trays with food. Entering the room we were pleased with the decor and how spacious the room was, I did like how the room did have a computer on the desk and its own safe. I ,however, would have liked to have had a microwave for all the money we paid. So later on we decided to dine in the "fine dining" restraunt. We had to seat ourselves.! While we we were waiting for our service, we noticed that all the attention was direced to the this one person getting her wine at the bar.The food was good, but the lack of attentiveness could havebeen improved. The next day while looking in the giftshop while I was waiting for my partner to come down to check out , I heard the same lady who was at the bar the night before talking down to the employees.Wow what a professional lady ! I then decided to not voice my concerns because of how rudley she was talking to her employees and I knew that nothing would be done about my issues regarding the freeway view the lack of service in the restraunt and the the misleading website. I know I will never come back to this place due to the lack of professionalisim and all the misleading things I expienced during my stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanetWice
San Francisco
Reviewed 30 November 2009

My husband's sister planned a wedding for the Saturday after Thanksgiving at a winery in Paso Robles. After renting a house with the large extended family for Thanksgiving, we headed to the Bellasera for the wedding weekend-- complete with kids, grandparents, and lots of other adult friends and family. The hotel was perfect. It is small, very well maintained, and it has that great small town feeling. We all felt so important and so well cared for. We got off to a great start when we were allowed to check in early so that my kids could nap at noon-- with no notice! Thanks to careful planning by the reservations staff, we were also able to group the family members in nearby rooms. The rooms are beautiful, but not too over-the-top to be comfortable. The restaurant opened at 7-- which was the perfect excuse for the grandparents to take our kids to early breakfast so my husband and I could sleep in! The food was so good, we ate every non-wedding meal there-- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 brunch, and 1 dinner! The restaurant bar was also a great spot for after-wedding festivities.

The BEST thing about the hotel is the really wonderful staff-- in particular, the bellman attended to all of our needs-- moving our belongings, arranging our multi-room checkout so that we wouldn't have to wait, and treating my kids like little kings! He even brought us water as we struggled to stuff all of the wedding gear back into our cars at checkout and produced cute little toys to occupy the kids.

We will definitely go back there for a "reunion". Paso is half way between our home in San Francisco and extended family in LA and San Diego. I can't wait to get back to try the spa and explore wine country a bit more.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank MOMfromSF
Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2009

La Bellasera is a must stay at hotel. The pictures were true to itself not only outside and lobby but in the rooms as well. It is a very beautiful hotel inside and out. Generally advertisements will only show you the beautiful lobby and give immpressions that the whole hotel including room is like the lobby and you end up disappointed. Not so with La Bellasera. You get the wow and amazement throughout the whole place. La Bellasera's affordable price gives you an experience that other "Luxury" hotels give but with a heavy price tag. We were thoroughly pleased and look forward to when we can stay longer.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sunshinegirl11
Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights . Couldn't be better , clean Beautiful room , specious bathroom , great service , you won't go wrong with this choice . Thank you La Bellasera!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple