“What wine should be”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What wine should be”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Tablas Creek boasts a beautiful tasting room with the most knowledgeable servers behind the counter. Vines are often dry farmed and organic, and taste is exceptional.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank jdp5q

San Jose, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Welcoming and warm”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Great wines, welcoming service. They are known for their Rhone blends and their signature wine was fabulous. Great tasting room and knowledgeable staff.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank JaimsK
San Luis Obispo, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Awesome Wines”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This is my favorite winery by far. They have a beautiful tasting room, and their wines are wonderful. They are located in the Templeton Gap area of Paso Robles, which is a beautiful drive from San Luis Obispo.

3 Thank SLOCoaster
California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“They should be rated #1 right with Justin and they are close...”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Just visitedd January 5th, 2012.
Tablas Creek has AMAZING wines. They just get it, no they are not a cult winery like booker, Torrin or a few others (where you simply can't get their product), they product generous amounts of 1st class wine. My favorite is their Paopile, and the others I can spell but the reds are highly rated. I do belong to their club, because it enables me to get case discounts. I always take wine when I'm dining out and give a lot away to family, etc. My favorites: Tablas Creek, Justin, Caliza, Denner, LAdventure, Terry Hoag (I do adore Torrin wine, and Booker but they are nearly impossible to get) and Jada, and an new one to add Oso Libre. For best value and excellent quality; Vina Robles, and J. Lohr has wine they do not mass market that is wonderfful...sorry, was this about Tablas Creek. You'll love their new ttasting room. Avoid busy days...try to get there when they open.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank bigwavecalifornia
Thousand Oaks, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Lovely place, great wines”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

If you're looking for some wines beyond the usual Voignier, Chard, Cab, Zin, Merlot etc... come here. They've brought vines from the Rhone Valley, and we got a nice explanation on how they got started in California. Our guide had a charming Spanish (maybe Basque?) accent, which made it all the more fun :) Beautiful tasting room, roomy, but not ostentatious (glad they focus on the wine), with tables outside in a pleasant surrounding (a bit close to the parking lot, but oh well). Loved their wines!! We resist joining wine clubs since it kind of snowballs on us, and before we know it, we've got wine arriving at our doorstep every couple of weeks... but we joined this one, and I know we'll be buying the annual 6-bottle minimum easily!

Visited December 2011