“Paso LQ is always great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
LAKE FOREST
“Paso LQ is always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I often stay at this property as a mid point on trips north. Always an enjoyable stay and appreciate the evening receptions feature light snacks and good wine. The hotel manager is always present and engaging. Great staff and great location, being very central to all the local winery's. They also have great recommendations on which places to visit and even have coupons for free tastings.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank 388craigs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Not trying to offend, but I don't like the idea of other people's pets in my room. So I have stopped using LaQuinta. But in Paso Robles we chose it because of the review. Boy were we in for a treat. The room was spacious, and clean. Extra attention to detail! The staff was so nice and helpful. The cheese and crackers in the evening were great. And the morning breakfast was perfect. We also loved the little town of Paso Robles!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Duarte, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for the 1st time with my husband and 2 of our 3 dogs for just one night last Wednesday. The main reason why I booked this hotel was because it is pet friendly (yep, we are one of those people who love traveling with their dogs...also the best part is that La Quinta Hotels do not charge an additional pet fee during your stay), offers free wifi, free parking and free breakfast every morning. After I read the reviews on yelp and tripadvisor, I felt confident that this hotel would be a good stay for us.

I arrived around 3:30 pm or so and checked in at the lobby without any problems. The 2 guys working the front desk were helpful in telling me which wineries are well known and the best in the area. One of the male employees provided me with a map and also told me that there will be a complementary wine tasting at 5:30 pm that evening and goes until 7 pm (this is a wonderful daily complementary wine tasting for all hotel guests).

After I got my hotel keys, my husband and I unloaded the car and headed to our room. The room was nice and clean and had a great amount of space (we had a room with 2 queen beds, one microwave and mini fridge). The wifi was rather slow during the day (probably when most people where using it) but was still able to access it.

Later on, we showed up to the wine tasting and absolutely loved it! How awesome is it to have a wine tasting with 7 bottles of wine from some of the different wineries here in Paso Robles? No need to go wine tasting when the hotel provides it. Crackers, different types of breads and cheese, along with salami were also provided. I loved the brie that was topped with fig jam the best! An employee who was pouring the wines was great at telling hotel patrons about these wines and how they might go well with a specific type of food pairing. He definitely knows his wines for sure. I found out earlier from one of the male employees who helped check me into the hotel that the owners of this La Quinta used to have a winery (no longer do) and still have their vineyard. My husband thought this complementary tasting alone was worth the price we paid for one night (came out to a little under $160, including tax and with triple A discount) and said we have to stay here again.

The bed I slept on was a little too soft for me. I prefer a firm mattress, but I am sure most people would like this soft mattress. One thing I did not like though was that I found (well actually my dogs found) a few pistachio shells on the floor when we first arrived. I am just hoping that the maid service just missed those few shells (found in different places of the room) while cleaning/ vacuuming before our arrival. I also did not like that I could hear the water running each time someone in another room turned on the shower. But I will mention that I did not hear the people staying next to us or above us (we stayed on the 1st floor). There were a lot of other people staying with their pets on this floor, so I am just going to assume that the 1st floor is probably where most of the pet traveling hotel guests stay (just in case you would not like to stay on a floor with too many dogs).

The next morning, we helped ourselves to the complementary breakfast that was excellent. We have stayed at another La Quinta and their complementary breakfast is not nearly as good as this one. This breakfast does provide the standard breads, coffee, teas, cereals (hot and cold) and so forth. But they also provide scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Other La Quinta Hotels that we have stayed in (and most of the other hotels that offer complementary breakfast we stayed in) only provides hard boiled eggs as the protein, so really this hotel was truly the best.

There is a business center here with just one computer, but with the fastest internet connection. I had to use it to print a few things and the employee at the front desk had told me that it is free for hotel guests to print things (even in color).

Checking out of the hotel was just a simple phone call from our room.

Overall, had a wonderful stay. I really would love to stay here again because of the service, the complementary wine tasting, complementary breakfast and location. I think next time I probably would just check out one winery or two if I ever do stay here again.

Just wanted to mention a few side notes. If you have triple A, make sure to use it to save a small discount during your stay. Also if you plan on checking out the free wine tasting, come early because plenty of people will want to check it out too. Lastly, if you want a quiet room, it is always useful to request for a corner room with less traffic. These rooms tend to be a little bit bigger as well, which is a major plus.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, it is always useful to request for a corner room with less traffic. These...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Porterville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The LQ has very comfortable rooms and furnishings, the staff we encountered were very cordial and the complimentary breakfast is about all we really needed to start the day. We were there for a weekend of wine tasting and a couple of events at one of our favorite wineries. (BTW, we think Paso Robles has surpassed Napa and Sonoma as the premier wine vacation area in California). Anyway, the LQ helps set the mood for wine tasting. It has magnum, double magnum and 3L wine bottles all around the lobby area. The hotel gift shop has an extensive offering of local wines at reasonable prices. We'd never stayed at the LQ before, always opting to stay across the 101 nearer to downtown. But, this hotel just became our favorite stay in Paso Robles. Besides the quality of the rooms and facilities, including a great exercise center and what looks like a nice pool, the location is perfect for touring the Paso Robles area. Next time you go on a Paso Robles wine tasting trip, I suggest the La Quinta Inn. They're expanding by adding a whole building of suites, including studios and one and two bedroom suites. I'm eagerly awaiting their opening this fall.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near an entrance. In Paso Robles, it seems we always return with several containe...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I arrived very late at this hotel passing thru Coalinga. We asked for late checkout and were told no problem. He wrote down in book that we were checking out at 12:30. Apparently housekeeping does not refer to this book. However we also had "do not disturb" sign on the door. We were awaken at 11:15 am by knock on the door by housekeeping. Undressed, poked my face out and said "late check out", assuming they would check with front desk. I crawled back into bed only to have another knock on door from them 15 minutes later! I was infuriated that they would disturb us not once but twice. The housekeeping obviously disregards "do not disturb" sign and does not put guests as priority.
Julie F.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank julie f
SoCal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

La Quinta Inn in Paso Robles is an excellent choice for people who are touring the local wineries. This hotel is modern, friendly and well located. My wife and I have stayed at this property on numerous occasions when visiting Paso Robles and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

El Dorado Hills, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This La Quinta is well situated in relationship to many of the wineries (purpose of the trip) in Paso Robles. It's very close to town also, but not within walking distance. The property is about 10 years old, but does not show it. It is very well maintained and clean. The staff was always available and very friendly. The complimentary breakfast is better than most places we've stayed. Plus there is wine and cheese tasting Monday through Thursday. I would definitely stay here again. It is also pet-friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple