“Best Location on the Central Coast!”

Courtyard Paso Robles
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 19 February 2014

In the heart of Paso Robles wine country, this Marriott not only has the perfect location but also some of the most friendly, knowledgeable staff I have experienced. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the Director of Sales & Marketing, Ian Wilson, who took the time to answer my questions, making me feel welcome and that he truly valued each guest's stay. The accommodations were perfect and I will continue to stay here and tell my friends and family as well.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs, ask the front desk, they are so helpful in accommodating in whatever way th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rodger H, General Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review and praise of our staff, property and location. Your comments are well received and we are happy to hear you spreading the word about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Went on a trip with my girlfriends that was in overall a great time but the encounter we had with one specific employee of this hotel chain was unacceptable. Her names was ERICA. She was one of the rudest customer service people I have ever encountered. From start to finish. When we entered the hotel at about 4:15 we were joking and laughing about our exploits from the day, and I will admit that one of my friends has a distinct laugh, but she rudely turned to us and told us to be quiet. Before going any further, you would have to imagine the scenario, we are all old enough to be her mother to start off with, and two there is so much construction noise going on at the same time that we were not the only ones being loud. I have been In customer service in the past and there are other ways of asking. There was no politeness or professionalism in her voice whatsoever. She said it so rudely we were all completely flabbergasted.

Later in the evening we went into the reception area to have appetizers and a drink and we asked if there were any more free cookies for the guests in the reception area. This was Erica's response "when they are gone, they are gone!" Again a shockingly rude response. We then proceeded to ask to speak to the manager and were told that there isn't a manager in duty on the weekend. I really feel that is unfortunate if you are going to let someone like Erica the show.

The the other employees we encountered were all pleasant and the rooms were ok, but I have stayed many places in Paso Robles many times, I enjoy going there and don't like being hassled, and it is for that reason that I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone, in fact I would try to dissuade you.

Date stayed jan 25 Jan 26 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Rodger H, General Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
We are pleased that your group had an overall great time during your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Paso Robles. As we are going through renovation, scheduled to complete February 14th, we appreciate your patience with the construction. We also do apologize for the lack of customer service you received, and will take your comments to improve overall guest satisfaction. Safe travels!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Paso Robles is a cute little town with most shops and restaurants concentrated in the town square less than 2 miles from this hotel. There are numerous wineries nearby and there is a shuttle that comes to the hotel at night to take you to the town square for $5 per person or you can take a taxi that will run you about 7-8 dollars each way. The guests at the hotel are mainly families and couples going wine tasting. There is a breakfast buffet each morning that is pretty standard with cereal, muffins, breads, pancake, hard boiled eggs and fruit.

There was some pretty loud construction going on in the lobby and the front desk tried to compensate by gifting us a bottle of wine. It would be inconvenient, but was only a nuisance going in and out of the lobby as you just wanted to run past the noise. They try their best to keep the hotel running smoothly around the construction. The rooms are average, but tidy and we rested well after a day of touring the wineries. All in all, a pretty standard stay and nothing really to complain about.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Rodger H, General Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Linh,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel, as they are well received. Paso Robles resembles a boutique and elegant atmosphere as it makes an ideal location for a romantic get-away for wine-tasting or site seeing at several locations; one particular being Hearst Castle. As we are a 15 minute walk to downtown, taxi services are always available as you mentioned.
As majority of the construction noise is past, we wanted to thank you for your patience and cooperation on the matter. We are inching closer to completion February 14th, and are very excited to present all the new amenities and upgrades to our facility. We are providing complimentary continental breakfast due to renovation, and we schedule the construction work during lunch hours for your convenience.
Again, thank you for acknowledging that we are trying our best during this renovation, and we are happy that you were able to get rest and enjoy your time in Paso Robles. We are looking forward to your next possible stay with us, so that we can review your comments and work harder to make each stay with us memorable.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for 4 nights. The rooms were nice and clean. Ordered from the menu one night and the food was good. Lobby is being remodeled but not really a distraction. Should be nice once that is completed. Front desk was very helpful and courteous.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding our rooms, as we strive to provide you with all the amenities and experience for a wonderful stay here in Paso Robles. Our staff is always here to go out of our way to make sure you’re taken care of. We hope you will be back to see our completed remodel!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Courtyard in Paso is staffed with extremely kind and helpful associates. The free breakfast buffet is well stocked and offers good options while they are under renovations. We've stayed at this location a few times and have always enjoyed our stay. Would definitely recommend Courtyard in Paso Robles.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Rodger H, General Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your sincere comments regarding our hard working staff members and our hotel. As we are close to completion for renovation, we are making this transition as smooth as possible, limiting noise and providing complimentary breakfast for our guests. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and can’t wait to see your next review once our renovation is completed in mid-February.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Had a reservation with my reward points for 1 night (made the reservation 2 months in advance). When I arrived at 9:00pm to check in I was first accosted by a homeless man in the main lobby (who was later escorted off the property by the police). Then I was notified that our room was given to another guest at 7:00pm because the room they were given had a heater that wouldn't turn off. I was told that the only room available in the entire hotel was the room with the broken heater. The front desk employee (young male) said he called their electrician and left a message at 7:00pm but had not heard back from him. He then proceeded to show me the room, when I walked into the room it felt like a sauna. There was NO WAY we were going to stay in that room roasting all night. He kept telling me how they were refunding me my reward points for the night (like as if that would solve the problem??). I asked him why he didn't contact another hotel for us to stay in earlier or why he didn't contact us earlier? He said his manager made the decision and it was out of his hands. By this point I was exhausted and in tears wondering where we were going to stay the night. The employee refused to give me the name of the manager who made the decision (nice touch)! He then notified me that the Hilton, Hampton Inn, Best Western, and Holiday Inn were all booked (no rooms available). Eventually he found us a room at the Adelaide Inn on the other side of town. He handed me a letter that said the Courtyard would pay for our room at the Adelaide Inn. When we arrived at the Inn I handed them the letter and they called the Courtyard explaining to them that the Courtyard didn't have an account with their hotel and that they would need to provide a credit card to pay for the room. The Courtyard employee wanted me to use my credit card until his manager came in the morning and paid with the company credit card. I told him absolutely NOT! The employee at the Courtyard gave the employee at the Inn a million excuses, to which 45 minutes later he finally gave her a credit card number. I was so angry/frustrated it was almost 11:00pm now and we still hadn't gotten our room yet.

I've NEVER been treated so badly at any hotel EVER. I just have to wonder now, what exactly all those reward points got me? They gave me some bonus points several days later but that doesn't come close to fixing the relationship with me (the customer). If I were the hotel manager I would have called my customer the next day and apologized etc. but I've heard nothing from them. Sounds like I'm moving to another hotel loyalty program for work/family travel from now on. I will remember this in the future

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank craftywriter

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding the occurrences you encountered here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Paso Robles. With renovation occurring at the moment, scheduled to complete February 14th, unexpected changes can occur and in this case we do apologize for not being able to accommodate you here. We will assure you this does not happen again and apologize for the trouble.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very clean and quiet facility. Beds are comfy (but pillows so-so). Just a few blocks from downtown Paso Robles. Continental breakfast buffet did not have many choices and was only free due to site construction.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of our property, as we always take action to make sure our guests are having a memorable experience here in Paso Robles, CA. As we are currently under renovation which is scheduled to complete mid-February, we are excited to present to you our new Bistro and Restaurant menu which features a plethora of selections of fresh food choices. We are currently also working on improving our workout center as well. Our location is stellar, walking distance to downtown Paso and surrounded by over 225 wineries within 5 miles. Thank you for your review once again, and we look forward to your next stay here!