“Home Away from Home”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
San Jose, California
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have been working in the Los Padres Area, and have stayed numerous times at the Marriot in Paso Robles off and on. I have been extremely pleased with the staff, and they have been always accomidating to my needs. A must stay!

Room Tip: pool side offers window privacy from the outside
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony J
Rodger H, General Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Tony,
Thank you for kind words and praise regarding our staff as well as loyalty to our property. We are pleased to be your main destination in the area, and will continue to make sure you’re always taken care of. See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stay at this hotel quite frequently and they are always pleasant. The hotel is going through upgrades and the staff has been excellent in taking care of my needs. I usually either talk with Roger or Ian and they are great. The hotel is located close to the winery's and also downtown paso. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jasongmarsh
Rodger H, General Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Jason,
Thank you for your comments. We enjoy being your preferred hotel and that we continuously meet your needs. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and always look forward to your next stay with us. You’re exactly right with our property location as we encourage all travelers to stay here to enjoy the full culture of Paso Robles and its wine culture. Our property is ideally situated off of Highway 101 surrounded by over 225 local wineries within a 5 mile radius as well as the famous FireStone Walker Brewing Company. We are also centrally located near beaches and attractions such as Hearst Castle, which allows our guests to take advantage of the best of the central coast region while staying with us. Please come see us soon, as we are pleased to announce our renovations will be fully complete and launching March 3, 2014!
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

In planning a drive up the coast with my daughter, I arranged to stay one night at Courtyard Paso Robles. Being a corporate traveler, Courtyard was my "go-to" hotel, but I had no expectations.
I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. After being advised of the renovations, the staff went out of their way to accomodate us and make our stay comfortable. Beautiful renovated rooms, and an exceptionally friendly staff. Great ambience. Definitely will be coming back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank julie s
Dear Valued Guest,
We are pleased that you selected our property for your accommodations in Paso Robles, and that we surpassed your expectations! Thank you for your patience during our renovations and we are excited to go fully active March 3, 2014. As our rooms, work out facility, and lobby / wine bar are completely remodeled, our Bistro and restaurant launch / dining area will be done this week! We look forward to your next stay with us and also your feedback with all our upgrades.
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was lucky enough to stay the weekend at the Courtyard Marriot in Paso Robles for a girls weekend getaway.
The friendly and professional staff was very helpful in making me feel welcome and comfortable. The staff proved to be well educated and quite knowledgeable on the Paso Robles area. The staff was able to assist my girlfriends and I in planning what wineries we wanted to visit during our stay. We had an absolute blast!
The hotel has an excellent location and is just minutes away from highly regarded restaurants, wineries and shopping.
What makes the hotel particularly unique is the fact that Paso Robles has many hidden secrets, such as mineral springs, beaches just a short drive away and Hearst Castle if you are looking for an adventure.
After our long, busy days out exploring, it was a true treat to come back to our clean and comfortable hotel room. I do not know the last time I had such an amazing nights sleep!
I would highly suggest this hotel to my friends and family traveling through the area… I can’t wait for my next stay and am getting ready to book my room for a night out at the California Mid State Fair in July… I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily C
Emily,
Thank you for your review of our property, and that we surpassed your expectation for your special get-away with your friends. Our staff strives to surpass your expectations as wine tasting in Paso Robles is an amazing experience. In regards to our location, you are completely right as we are a landing hub for switch travel to all the wineries Paso has to offer. We will see you during the Mid-State Fair!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Awesome hotel, awesome staff, and the easiest place a person planning a trip for a company could ever find. We travel continuously as a company and making reservations for over 20 people with different rewards numbers can be tough! Ian Wilson at Paso has helped so much that I don't even need to double check (even though I do) I can email him the list of names and he emails me the confirmations. I have never found a single other place this easy to work with. The hotel's great, and the staff are amazing! Thanks for everything, we'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Ask for Ian!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank L F
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our property and staff. As we do have the largest hotel in Paso Robles, offering 130 rooms, we are very accustomed to large groups whether they be for corporate or leisure. We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you for your comments!
San Simeon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

In the heart of Paso Robles wine country, this Marriott not only has the perfect location but also some of the most friendly, knowledgeable staff I have experienced. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the Director of Sales & Marketing, Ian Wilson, who took the time to answer my questions, making me feel welcome and that he truly valued each guest's stay. The accommodations were perfect and I will continue to stay here and tell my friends and family as well.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs, ask the front desk, they are so helpful in accommodating in whatever way th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review and praise of our staff, property and location. Your comments are well received and we are happy to hear you spreading the word about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Went on a trip with my girlfriends that was in overall a great time but the encounter we had with one specific employee of this hotel chain was unacceptable. Her names was ERICA. She was one of the rudest customer service people I have ever encountered. From start to finish. When we entered the hotel at about 4:15 we were joking and laughing about our exploits from the day, and I will admit that one of my friends has a distinct laugh, but she rudely turned to us and told us to be quiet. Before going any further, you would have to imagine the scenario, we are all old enough to be her mother to start off with, and two there is so much construction noise going on at the same time that we were not the only ones being loud. I have been In customer service in the past and there are other ways of asking. There was no politeness or professionalism in her voice whatsoever. She said it so rudely we were all completely flabbergasted.

Later in the evening we went into the reception area to have appetizers and a drink and we asked if there were any more free cookies for the guests in the reception area. This was Erica's response "when they are gone, they are gone!" Again a shockingly rude response. We then proceeded to ask to speak to the manager and were told that there isn't a manager in duty on the weekend. I really feel that is unfortunate if you are going to let someone like Erica the show.

The the other employees we encountered were all pleasant and the rooms were ok, but I have stayed many places in Paso Robles many times, I enjoy going there and don't like being hassled, and it is for that reason that I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone, in fact I would try to dissuade you.

Date stayed jan 25 Jan 26 2014

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Rodger H, General Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We are pleased that your group had an overall great time during your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Paso Robles. As we are going through renovation, scheduled to complete February 14th, we appreciate your patience with the construction. We also do apologize for the lack of customer service you received, and will take your comments to improve overall guest satisfaction. Safe travels!