“Courtyard in Paso”

Courtyard Paso Robles
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard in Paso Robles on May 21 & 22, 2014. The hotel looks new, although I know it is not. It is very well maintained, both inside and out. Excellent check in service and front desk personnel are very good. Room was spacious, clean, well stocked with extra towels, soap, etc. Room had a refrigerator and coffee machine. There were plenty of hangers and a spacious closet area. Maid service was very good. Bathroom was exceptionally clean. The bistro served good food and coffee. While the Courtyard is just another Marriott property, the staff and management here take a lot of pride in their work and it shows.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot/hills to reduce noise from the freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard W

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for my husbands birthday trip to Paso Robles. Our room was clean, modern and comfortable. They included a chocolate shaped into a cluster of grapes. Delicious! The front desk was friendly and helpful. It was wine fest weekend with a shuttle provided for a nominal fee.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LJW309
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Several weeks ago we had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Everything about the experience was perfect. Clean, comfortable room. Excellent service at the front desk. Good food and drink at the Bistro. What made our experience exceptional, though, was the incredible service and friendliness of the two Bistro employees, Obed and Brittany. We were eager to watch NBA basketball and they accommodated our desire then prepared delicious food for us to consume while watching the game. They made great wine suggestions and even suggested several wineries for us to visit the following day, which we did!

Marriott does a wonderful job on a regular basis so we have come to expect that. Obed and Brittany made our experience EXTRA special! Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our trip to Paso Robles using my Marriott rewards points. This is listed as a Category 6 hotel in the Marriott system, but it is really a Category 3 hotel. Very pricy on the rewards points. I have stayed at other Marriott Category 3 hotels that are nicer than this. My recommendation is to pay for the room instead. Save the rewards points for another hotel.

Our room was the average King room that I've stayed at before at other Courtyards except the television was bolted down at some weird angle from the bed like a low-budget hotel. - Completely not visible from the bed. My wife and I like to retire watching the news in bed which was not possible with this setup. Good thing there was plenty of wine!

We decided to visit the pool and jacuzzi only to discover that the jacuzzi was lukewarm at best. 60 degrees outside and you could not see steam coming off the jacuzzi. This is Paso Robles! Would have loved to enjoy a dip in the hot tub. We ended up skipping this deciding it wasn't work the trouble. I've stayed at other Courtyards, and not had this problem.

Our room had the smallest refrigerator I have ever seen in a hotel room. Since we were on a road trip, we were counting on having a fridge to keep our stuff cold. The fridge would not fit a six pack of cola, and did not keep everything as cold as it should. Our ice chest and ice worked better.

I will say that the room we had was typical of other Courtyards I have stayed at (except for the tv). Bed was decent, room was clean and quiet, and everything functioned well (as I expect from Marriott). Hotel has a good location to downtown Paso Robles.

Overall, hotel is just another Courtyard that I think falls a little below many of the other Courtyards I've stayed at. Wish I would have paid the nightly rate instead of giving up valuable rewards points. I feel like I over paid. If you're looking for an ok place to stay, then I can recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler9826465
Brittany S, Manager at Courtyard Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Traveler9826465,

Thank you for your comments regarding the occurrences you encountered here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Paso Robles. Many guests enjoy our heated outpool and jacuzzi that we maintain at a relaxing temperature of 102 degrees. We are conveniently located close to the heart of downtown and driving distance to many of the great wineries in the area. All of our rooms are equiped with mini-refrigerators for our guests convenience. Over the years, as many Marriott Rewards members have redeemed their points in the Paso Robles Wine Country, we have become a category 6 hotel. We always encourage contacting the front desk when making reservations so that we can assist you in finding accommodating rates or deciding to redeem your points. I apologize that you feel your point redemption was not of value - I assure you I will pass on your feedback to Marriott Rewards. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to better serve you when your travel brings you back to Paso Robles Wine Country.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The welcome we received was sincere and our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I was a bit concerned, being right next to the elevator, but once we shut our door, we were in our own world. As a frequent Courtyard guest there were no "surprises" - the room was exactly what I expect from a Courtyard. For me, that's A+! I like knowing things will work, they are comfortable, the amenities that matter to me are there and I always feel secure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Courtyard Paso Robles is a good choice for short or longer stays. At the south end of town, it is quiet, but close enough to Paso downtown to make it an easy short drive to any place of interest.

The rooms are moderately large, very clean and have the classic Marriott comfortable beds.

Dining for breakfast and dinner is accessible, but there are many good restaurants close to the hotel (driving, not walking).

Staff is very courteous and typically give you a call after you are settled to be sure you are happy with the room.

This is a great choice for people wining in the area. Close and the staff can give many good recommendations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stay at this property several times a year mainly because I am a loyal Marriott rewards member. In the past, the best thing about this hotel was the buffet breakfast. Not Courtyard has converted to the Bistro, a walk up and order snack bar basically. And the food is less to be desired compared to the old setup, and the lack of people dining is evidence of that. The décor has gone to Marriott standard rather then the local wine country flare the hotel displayed before the renovation which is disappointing. The only good part of the renovation was a slight revamp of the gym, wallpaper, and furniture pieces in the rooms. But the new breakfast situation does not make Gold level members feel privileged.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business