Best Western Plus Black Oak
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Adelaide Inn(Paso Robles)
Great 4.5/5
Motel 6 Paso Robles(Paso Robles)
  • Pool
Best Way Inn(Paso Robles)
View Hotel
Town House Motel(Paso Robles)
Hotel Cheval(Paso Robles)
Excellent 5/5
Paso Robles Inn(Paso Robles)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbest westernsmargie's dinerwestern hotelshand sanitizerceiling fansmoking roomnice hotelgreat place to stayfair groundswine tastingmotor lodgenice poolclean roomsbottled waterlarge roombed was comfortableeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Best Western Black Oaks is clean, spacious, and very comfortable. More than that, the people here are genuinely lovely. The manager herself picked us up from the airport (no additional charge), and was going to come in on her day off to drop us off at the airport as well. (Fortunately we didn't need to impose on her for the return trip.)

I would be happy to stay here anytime I'm in the area--and I plan to.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for the $5 coupon for Maggie's Diner. You have to ask for it. Good eats.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

pros: shuttle picks you up from paso robles airport, walk to several places to eat, price

cons: outside access to rooms, walls are pretty thin, pool temp is like a hot bath

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week as part of a large cycling tour of California. While the hotel is not officially connected to the event there are a lot of cyclists who choose to stay here as it is convenient to the camp where main activities take place. I made a reservation for myself and my riding partner for the one night.

About a week before we arrived the wonderful GM of the property called to let me know I had booked a smoking room, but she had an upgraded non-smoking room with two queen beds available. She moved us into that room which I thought was a delightful gesture of customer service and hospitality.

That good feeling continued when we arrived at the property to find they not only were expecting us, they had laid out fresh fruit, water, coffee and snacks for the cyclists in the lobby. This was a very welcome spread of snacks after a long hot day of biking.

The rooms are freshly upgraded and the bathrooms are huge and well-appointed. We were so pleased with our stay and I look forward to returning to this property next year, and will be recommending it to my entire (well-behaved!) cycling team. It really is a gem of a property and is worth the praise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed here at the Best Western for a friends wedding that was taking place at a winery in Paso Robles.

I wasn't expecting much at all. I was pleasantly surprised.

Rooms were immaculate. Beds were extremely comfortable. Service was friendly and helpful. Most importantly the pool....OH the POOL! The pool was great size, cleaned daily and was in immaculate condition. You can tell that the owner of this Best Western takes pride on cleanliness and grounds keeping. It shows.

The only problem(s) that I had with this place were #1, HBO didnt work in my room (however it did for my friend in the next room) and #2 was Margies Diner. Margies Diner is attached to the motel and all guests receive a $5.00 coupon/day for the diner. It was not great at all. Apparently the locals love it however, it was not for me. Food was bland to say the least.

Location: Right off the exit for easy freeway exit to wine country or over to the coast.

I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here for one night on our recent trip up the coast. Never stayed at a BW before and this was a last minute booking to get us out of a spot. It was great. Very comfy King size bed on the ground floor. Clean room and bathroom with shower over the tub. Plenty of room to move around even after stowing three cases. Decent size flat screen TV with comfy recliner chair to watch from. Nice size desk for working at if you have to. Free wifi and good strength signal. Fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Good AC unit as well. Really everything you would need to even spend a couple of days at. Didn't get a chance to use the sauna, steam room or pool but the pool area looked inviting, especially as the temperature was in high 80s.

Also were given a couple of $5 coupons for breakfast at Margie's Diner just opposite the hotel lobby. Great breakfast.

Any downsides? A little noise from the pool area as night drew in but didn't last long. Some noise from the neighbouring rooms, especially upstairs but nothing that kept us awake.

I'd stay here again.