Best Western Plus Black Oak
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Adelaide Inn(Paso Robles)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Paso Robles(Paso Robles)
  • Pool
Best Way Inn(Paso Robles)
View Hotel
Town House Motel(Paso Robles)
Hotel Cheval(Paso Robles)
View Hotel
Paso Robles Inn(Paso Robles)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernsmargie's dinerwestern hotelshand sanitizerceiling fansmoking roomnice hotelgreat place to stayfair groundswine tastingmotor lodgenice poolclean roomsbottled waterlarge roombed was comfortableeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Happy to stay at this location. My room was clean and the bed comfortable. Nice amenities, free newspapers, great coffee, lovely pool and nice extras in the room. Margie's Diner is next door for breakfast. Be aware, the portions are extremely large and delicious. Really liked the front staff at the hotel. Sara and Sharon were very helpful in providing area information.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusanP413
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have stayed in several different hotels in Paso Robles over the years and the Black Oak was as nice as any - especially considering to great rate. Very generous room size, nice big bathroom, nice flat screen TV, mini frig/bar top, great location for easy walk to good take out food and a quiet room in the back - what's not to like? We will most likely be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had a nice, large room with all the amenities needed. The room rate includes free wifi, and a discount coupon for a diner that truly serves huge portions. Nice pool and jacuzzi. The only down side is that they were resurfacing the parking lot so parking was a bit off, We had to schlepp our luggage and boxes of wine to the second floor. We did get a good workout :)

Room Tip: If you are buying wine and have a lot to bring into room ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Spotlessly clean room . Great coffee. SUPERIOR service, Quick check in. Hotel has free HBO Cable T.V. Sparkling clean swimming pool. . No smoking hotel GREAT , ! But I wish tht provide ashtrays in an outdoor area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I wanted a room to stay in after attending a concert at Vina Robles Amphitheater. I originally had a reservation at the La Quinta Inn close to the concert but cancelled due to price. Now, I wish I hadn't. Once we arrived at our room, you could immediately tell it was way outdated. I felt I was on a family vacation from back in the 70's. The room was stuffy because the a/c had been turned off and once I turned it on, it never got colder than 75 degrees even though the thermostat was set to 65. The bed was comfortable but the channel select was a mess. There was no channel guide to be found and finding a suitable channel to watch was difficult. The pool area was nice and the breakfast at Margie's Diner was good but for $215 a night plus tax, I wouldn't stay at this BW again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BOMLBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Black Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am sorry that you did not feel your accommodations were acceptable décor wise, and that our property felt dated. We are a spry 52 years young and as an independently owned property make upgrades and improvements regularly but not always in grandiose fashion. I do however hope that you found the room clean and the service of our staff exceptional. Our multi year award winning team prides themselves on making guests feel welcome and try to make each stay as enjoyable as possible.

Channel listings are found in the guest room directory. We have found that Charter Cable has been removing and rearranging channels on almost a weekly basis, making it frustrating and difficult to keep up with. Our apologies if you were equally as annoyed.