“experience”

Best Western Plus Black Oak
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 November 2013

the be t western black rock is an excellent hotel and always my choice when in Paso Robles. The rooms are clean and very good internet service. The restaurant is a great value. The heated pool was fun to use. Close to main shopping and dining. Just a great place to stay in Paso Robles. I just can not believe my points were lost from previous stays through the past years stays

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this property. The rooms were super clean and cozy. The beds and linens were very comfortable. The staff was always available to answer any questions about the area and could not have been more helpful. We would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Our room was spacious, clean in every way, descent wifi, peaceful location. The soap, shampoo and conditioner are even good quality here. I paid just over $100/night and would consider this a good value.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed two nights here. I requested a corner upstairs room, which I received -they gave me the wrong keys so I had to lug all my things back to my car. BUT I completed their survey, and I received an apology and additional BW points, which to me shows a lot of class. I appreciated the $5.00 off coupon for the diner, which by the way has huge helpings! I will stay here again. It's a good location, has a friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was our second time to stay at this property. We had considered trying another hotel on this trip but because this one is so convenient and we knew it was nice, we chose it again. I must say it was even better than I remembered. The rooms are SUPER clean and nice with small details that I appreciated (i.e., the coffe maker is plugged in behind a cabinet so very convenient; the hair dryer also plugged in so the outlet in the sink area is completely available; a ceiling fan in the sink area was nice because the lighting was warm; nice closet with a light to keep items out of the way). The rooms are also very quiet.....we had some neighbors loudly watching a game next door when we came in from dinner but once inside, we didn't hear them. The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and check-in was fast. And, we could walk to a Starbucks right next door. I will say the price for a week-end night seemed a little high, but you do get what you pay for. It is a pet-free and smoking free property which helps to keep the rooms extra nice.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

While I use TripAdvisor VERY heavily, I have yet to write a review. This is the first time. I couldn't refrain from writing about this hotel. We stayed here because we had a weekend event near Paso Robles, and all the fancy hotels and inns were booked up. The price seemed high for a Best Western, but the reviews were good and the room had everything we wanted. The rooms are just fine, with good beds and clean bathrooms, as you would expect. BUT the SERVICE was among the best we have ever received, even compared to Four Seasons and other exclusive high-end luxury resorts. From the personalized welcome to the no-fee upgrade to a 2d floor room (I figured it would be quieter) to the fast extra blanket delivery to the 24-hour coffee availability (in your room OR in the lobby), they did everything and more.

I left my $200 special orthopedic contoured pillow on the bed when we checked out, and I didn't realize it until 2 days later, when I called them. Sharon answered the phone and immediately went out and searched for my pillow, looking in housekeeping, laundry, linen storage, everywhere. Even though it wasnt where it was supposed to be (in lost and found), she found it. Christine, another employee there, located a perfect-sized box and shipped my special pillow back to me.

I have left items in much fancier hotels and never had this kind of service.
I was extremely impressed.

Room Tip: We liked our 2d floor room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
BOMLBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Black Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We are honored to be awarded the privilege of your first review! The staff here works very hard to make our guests feel welcome and at home during their stay. I am pleased that you found their efforts commendable. The owner and managers can supply the tools but it is truly the staff that completes the experience. We look forward to being your hosts again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was overall a very pleasant experience. The staff was super friendly and the property was convenient to our route of travel. The room was perfectly appointed and a good value. We were particularly impressed with the size, ease of access to wifi, little special touches like candy in room, breakfast vouchers and the super friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western