“Great location across from the fairgrounds”

Motel 6 Paso Robles
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
San Francisco, California
“Great location across from the fairgrounds”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This is a Motel 6, plain and simple. A little on the pricey side, presumably because it's in easy walking distance of the fairgrounds. The room is very small and very no-frills (not even shampoo). The shower only got very qarm, not very hot The pool is plain but very clean. The employees were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank sf7307

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dayton, Nevada
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This motel 6 was pet friendly and the room was clean, but it is definately just a room. 1st I thought the price was kind of high for a motel 6, but it accepted pets and was near where our final destination was. I was disappointed at the "nickle and dime customers to death" attitude the motel has. For the 99.00 per night, I thought we would at least get shampoo. The only personal item provided is one small bar of soap. There was no hair dryer, no coffee pot, no shampoo. They advertise that they have high speed wi fi, they do, but you have to pay 2.99 per connection per day. Don't bother trying to use the wi fi after 5:00 because it is so slow that most pages come back with an error. If your just looking for a bed and bathroom that allows dogs this is fine, but don't expect any thing else.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BranDandy

Travellers are raving about these Paso Robles hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed during Memorial weekend with our 2 dogs. We were hesitant to book since it is a Motel 6, but our choices were very limited with 2 dogs. However, the rooms were clean, they property was also clean and quiet. One tip: BRING YOUR OWN SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER, as it is not provided at this hotel. They have a vending machine that sells them, but it's better to bring yours. Another tip: We rearranged the table to the corner to allow more room, since the rooms are pretty small. Last tip: We brought our own sheets and pillows, so we felt at home in the bed. Bed is a full size, and kinda firm, but overall not bad. I never really felt the sketchy vibe I was expecting. Most people staying there were just there for wine tasting, or bicycling. Friendly front desk staff, room was made up each day. No pet fees. (i heard from the locals that Hampton inn is great for pets too with a dog run behind the hotel, but I dont know how much they are in comparison to this hotel) This Motel6 is Kinda more expensive than other Motel6 locations, but it is in a pretty good location. Walking distance to fast food places, and other restaurants. The restaurant at the Best Western has good breakfast with huge portions, so share. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Cbstar76
Honolulu
Reviewed 29 May 2011

visited during Wine Festival and room pickings were limited so we were glad to find this hotel available; definitely NOT fancy, but clean; easy to walk to Starbuck's and diner (about 2 blocks), easy access to highway

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlohaHonolulu
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Yeah its a motel and don't expect much but I felt it was a pretty good value ($60ish per night), has a good location, is clean, and service is pretty good. I would definitely recommend it if you are not going to spend too much time in the room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dcbreber
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 April 2011

If you are looking for clean & comfortable for far less money - this is the place to stay.

While there were NO amenities such as shampoo, hair dryer, fridge or safe - we paid 1/2 what friends paid at other similar hotels. The towels were soft, although thinner than more expensive hotels, but we asked for extra towels and were gladly given them. This hotel is very convenient to the fairgrounds, the highway and getting around Paso by car. Our room's heater blew only cool air, but I understand other rooms have upgraded AC/Heat units. The hotel staff were friendly and polite. We got what we paid for and were happy. And they left the light on

Room Tip: ask for an end room away from Hwy 101