“Historic charm”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 20 June 2012

A good mix of historic charm and modern amenities. Grounds are beautiful and well groomed. Pool and spa were great. Our Queen Fireplace room was clean, quiet and decorated in keeping with the period charm of the property. If you want luxury, ultra modern amenities; the PR Inn may not be the place for you. We had both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast is great, but I can't imagine why the dining room was less than half full for dinner. Friendly, professional service and meat cooked the way you order it.

Our only negative might be the upstairs bar. The patio is super, but the bar itself was loud and bare-bones.

We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We take pride in maintaining the historic charm and charter of the Inn and I’m so happy that you were able to experience and enjoy everything we have to offer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Erica Renkert General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed 18 June 2012

The Paso Robles Inn has an excellent location and mineral spring spas in some of their rooms so they have let everything else about the place go. It took them 3 attempts and an hour to finally give us the room we booked, a Deluxe King Spa Room. Not a pleasant start to our visit. After we settled in to the room, we discovered that the door did not lock. Maintenance repaired the lock but it would only work for a few hours and then the problem returned. We stayed for 2 nights and had to have the lock "repaired" repeatedly, finally giving up on the situation and just hoping not to get robbed. No one offered to move us to a room that had a functioning lock or even apologized for the inconvenience. Generally, the rooms are fine, spacious and the spa on the balcony is lovely after a day of touring wineries.
The front desk staff were not at all hospitable, did not offer any personality or friendliness, were not informed as to local events, generally seemed to be forced to repeat a script they did not want to repeat. Getting service at the front desk was time-consuming as the clerks also have to answer incoming calls and take reservations.
I could go on but won't. I will say that I do not believe a repeat visit will happen.

Room Tip: The Deluxe spa rooms are worth the extra cost but be aware that the mineral spring water has a very...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suecelia
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations and it appears we have failed.

Guest safety and hospitality are of the utmost importance to us. I am reviewing the manner in which your lock issue was handled with our guest service agents as well as our Maintenance Chief. We absolutely should have offered another room while we examined and permanently corrected the issue. Please trust that these issues have been strongly addressed. As you can imagine, our vast Historic Inn requires a lot of care and upkeep and we work diligently to maintain the grounds and rooms.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is through your feedback we can continue to improve. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Beautiful gardens & private patio spa tubs... in the middle of town!! Town itself is really quaint. For an older property, this is very well-kept & maintained. Even though the property is right on a main street, our room was quiet and comfy. We came here on our honeymoon and were treated to a nice bottle of local wine in our room, and very friendly service. Love the area, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Congratulations on our recent wedding, happy to hear we were able to provide you with a wonderful honeymoon destination.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed for 2 nights of our honeymoon at the Paso Robles Inn and had a wonderful time - the rooms were lovely and clean, but the best bit for us was walking through the lovely gardens and relaxing in the pool area with the jacuzzi spa. The staff were also extremely pleasant and helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel for a nice relaxing break in a gorgeous setting.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, it is greatly appreciated and congratulations on your recent wedding. So, glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy our gardens and pool.

We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. One of the best places I've ever stayed - great environment and service. The restaurant was terrific as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I’m glad that we are one of our favorite places to stay and dine.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We loved it! There’s something cool about staying in a historic hotel, especially when the rooms – and bathrooms – have been so nicely updated as these are. Ours was nice and clean. The staff could not be nicer and as an added bonus, it’s right on the town square so restaurants, shops, ice cream and even the movies are all within walking distance. We asked for a room not too near the pool and not too near the sulphur baths and got one that was between the office and the pool. We didn’t hear any noise from the pool and got only a mild whiff of sulphur. No, they don’t serve breakfast but how many bowls of cheerios can you eat? The restaurant is good for both breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: Unless you want a room with a sulphur bath, ask for one away from that area or you may smell the sul...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to soak in all the historic charm we have to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We have stayed here twice over the past several years. It is a beautiful property, historic memories and ideally located. The last time we visted was awful. The rooms are filthy and housekeeping services are abismal. The whole time I was there I felt itchy and then I heard they had a bed bug issue. The morning we checked out, I was gathering up belongings and found some dirty socks under the bed. I picked them up and accused my husband of being a slob. They were not his socks and they had been in the room the entire time! No wonder it smelled. When I mentioned this to staff, they could not be bothered. The dining facilities have also detoriated, it used to be so great. Sad to say don't stay here until they make improvements.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank konalynn

I want to apologize for the experience you had during your stay in October of 2011. It appears we certainly fell short of your expectations and our own standards.

Since your stay in October, we have been working diligently to better train our housekeepers and inspectors to look at every room with a detailed eye. I can assure you that we did not and have not had any bed bug issues, We are very confident that what you heard is untrue. We will continue to work with our staff to assure that they are better trained on the special care that is required in a historic hotel room.

I am also truly sorry that you felt “dismissed” by our guest service agent at check out. That is certainly not acceptable. We are excited to have made changes to the staff over the past couple months and are confident that we have a far more hospitable experience to offer. We take all comments very seriously and use them to reward our staff and repair our shortcomings.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.