“Great location, noisy neighbors”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Newbury Park, California
“Great location, noisy neighbors”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

You can't beat Paso Robles Inn for its location. Entering town from the 101 northbound, exit the freeway, go straight, and you're there. Once there, you are steps away from downtown Paso. In fact, you are IN downtown Paso, walking distance to its shops and restaurants.

The inn itself is nice. Not luxurious, but nice. Clean and well appointed, with a large, two-sink bathroom. Our room was upstairs with a nice view of the gardens.

However, noise was an issue. We had read some complaints on TripAdvisor about noise from wedding parties, both the party itself in the ballroom and the guests. We experienced both. We were escorted to a room in the ballroom building, and glanced at one another as we saw -- and heard -- an early-evening wedding reception underway. When we reached our room upstairs, we could hear the "thump thump" of the music. We didn't even put down our bags. We called the front desk and asked to be moved, and we were, quickly and efficiently.

Our new room was nicer (bigger and with better views). But the guests in the room next door were guests of the wedding party. We spotted them drinking beer as they strolled across the gardens. A few hours later, we were trying to sleep but to no avail. Our neighbors were having a loud party.We called the front desk. It took two attempts to get security over there to have the loud guests quiet down. Once security asked them to be quiet, it was better. But it pretty much ruined our impression of the inn and our stay.

The inn seems to cater partys -- weddings and whatnot -- and to guests who are in Paso for a good time, not necessarily for a quiet time. I wouldn't recommend the inn to couples seeking a quiet, romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Unless you are part of the partyand/or don't mind noise from music, don't get a room in the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2012

As you can imagine, many brides and grooms are attracted to our Historic Inn with it’s beautiful gardens and ballroom. For many years our gardens and grand ballroom have been the stage for this special occasion. We do have a noise curfew in place to ensure that the disturbance is minimal as possible to other guests. I personally apologize that your rest was disrupted by the wedding group the evening of your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, it is through your feedback we can improve. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay.

Erica Renkert General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
California
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Wonderful hotel. Beautiful surroundings. Our room had its own hot tub. Room was very nice an clean. My only complaint is that they need better coffee in the rooms with creamer. After wine tasting the day before, I needed quick access to a GOOD cup of coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. It is appreciated and we use all feedback as a tool to improve.

I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful gardens. I’m also glad you were able to enjoy the mineral tubs as I know they can be perfect ending to a wonderful day of wine tasting in the beautiful Paso Robles area.

Thank you for your suggestions, its through your feedback we can continue to improve. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again real soon.

Riverside, California
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I love this place, We have stayed here two times and I can't wait to come back. The rooms are nice, decor is great, they are clean and comfortable, the bar is fun and the sulfur jacuzzi is sooo healing to the body. I am proof. I had about 10 mosquito bites that itched like heck from our stay in Yosemite, well the day after I got in the sulfur jacuzzi they were 90% gone and I didn't itch any more. Love this place.Want to stay in the old part of the hotel next time.

Room Tip: Most rooms have balcony jacuzzi's all are nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

It is nice to hear we were able to provide you with such a positive experience and that you enjoy the deluxe mineral spa rooms so much. If your wanting to experience the historic part of the hotel but still enjoy the sulfur tubs, just ask for a room in our grand ballroom. There you can enjoy a king size bed and a sulfur tub all while soaking in our rich history.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Homewood, California, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

When we arrived it appeared that the front-desk was understaffed. As a result we waited longer than anticipated to check-in and sort out issues with our room. After some initial displeasure, we saw the room and were ecstatic - it was beautiful! The rooms w the bath tubs are fantastic, especially after long days of wine tasting.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2012

I apologize that your wait was longer than expected during the check in process. I understand how this can be frustrating especially after a long day of wine tasting. Please know we do our best to have the front desk staffed appropriately to accommodate our guests in a quick and efficient manner.

I’m so happy to hear you were so excited about your room. The mineral tubs are the perfect ending to a wonderful day of wine tasting in the beautiful Paso Robles area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again real soon.

Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Big, clean king suite. Mineral hot tub on the balcony. Yes, the wedding party was a little loud but it shut down at 9 pm. Had a nice fireplace in the room but no way to turn it on and no instructions in the room. Higher than average price steakhouse on site but good food. Hotel is within walking distance to the town square, restaurants, movie theater etc. would definitely recommend and would stay again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2012

I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our Historic Inn and experience the mineral tubs as well as the Steakhouse.

Again, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Loud noisy weeding party in the center of the hotel growns! Made for it impossible to rest!
No manager on site. The clerk said: there is nothing I can do about it.
Rooms have no privacy. Room window opens to walking trafic.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Savores
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Our goal is that every guest has the stay they deserve. .

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is through your feedback we can continue to improve. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay.. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Woodland, California
Reviewed 20 June 2012

A good mix of historic charm and modern amenities. Grounds are beautiful and well groomed. Pool and spa were great. Our Queen Fireplace room was clean, quiet and decorated in keeping with the period charm of the property. If you want luxury, ultra modern amenities; the PR Inn may not be the place for you. We had both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast is great, but I can't imagine why the dining room was less than half full for dinner. Friendly, professional service and meat cooked the way you order it.

Our only negative might be the upstairs bar. The patio is super, but the bar itself was loud and bare-bones.

We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2012

We take pride in maintaining the historic charm and charter of the Inn and I’m so happy that you were able to experience and enjoy everything we have to offer.