“Best place to stay in Paso Robles”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 25 February 2013

A great hotel / motel in the heart of Paso Robles. The downtown (and pretty much most if what's worth seeing) is within walking distance from this hotel. Friendly staff and nice rooms with all you need. I stay here whenever I'm in the area, and never had a bad experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

I'm delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn. We strive to provide memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the downtown square. Our downtown is truly unique and has something for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

There are newer reviews for Paso Robles Inn

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Smack in the center of one of the best wine regions anywhere.
Great rooms and grounds, good restaurant - super place for special events.
Hotel rests upon Mineral Springs which are used in the jacuzzi on the outside jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a suite and jacuzzi
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us.

I’m glad to hear that you did chose the Paso Robles Inn as your hotel of choice while visiting the Paso Robles area. It’s also nice to hear you enjoyed your time exploring the Paso Robles wine regions. Paso Robles is truly a one of its kind destination with all the tasting rooms and restaurants to dine in.

I look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

As stated in so many other reviews, this hotel is located in the heart of downtown Paso Robles. Across the street is the old park surrounded on all sides by quaint shops and a plethora of places to eat. The hotel itself is a showplace of old Paso Robles with the added value of wonderfully decorated rooms with all the modern amenities. This was one of the few hotels we have stayed in that had two sinks in the bathroom. While we did not eat in their restaurant we did find the bar to be a very comfortable place to finish the evening with a glass of wine. I am going to rate this hotel five stars for value (we got great off-season rates), very beautifully landscaped grounds, proximity to dining and shopping, and just the overall personal “feel” of staying at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Historic Paso Robles Inn. I

’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and time with us while staying at the Historic Inn. Yes, one of our many unique features of the hotel is our proximity to the downtown square, and it seems like you were able to take advantage of that. We anxiously await your next visit to the Paso Robles Inn.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Alex Howze
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stopped here on our way to Ventura. Needed a dog friendly inn with first floor room for my 90 year old Mom.
This spot was great! Greeted warmly by the friendly staff. Lovely ground level room with a patio over looking the grounds. Immaculate grounds with pleasing pansies. Location is center town across from the town square. Strolled around the local shops. Went to dinner at the Inns restaurant-prime rib Wednesday and many locals arrived to enjoy the fine PR in PR inn!
Great meal with good service and attentive staff.
Would recommend this lovely spot!

Stayed: February 2013
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay. I’m delighted to hear that were able to take advantage of the many features we offer at our hotel. We anxiously await your next trip to the Paso Robles area, and I hope we can make your next stay even more enjoyable.

Warmly,

Alex Howze
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2013

This is a very pleasant small Inn. The rooms are small but nicely appointed; the grounds, with pool and whirlpool, are very attractive. Full restaurant service is provided; breakfast is highly recommended. The restaurant wine by the glass list leaves much to be desired, particularly if one considers the many reasonably priced fine wines native to the area. The staff is helpful and friendly. For wine tasting and dining the location is ideal, across the street from the town square and within easy walking distance of more than a dozen wine-tasting rooms and a number of fine restaurants. (You can taste as much wine as you want without having to drive your car!)

Room Tip: Rooms toward the rear off the street are likely to be quieter.
2  Thank DAGTucson
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Historic Inn and all the wonderful amenities we have to offer. Yes, the Paso Robles downtown is truly a unique experience and I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the hotels close proximity to the downtown square. There are so many good wine tasting rooms and restaurants to explore.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay and we anxiously await your next visit to Paso Robles.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Inn early in January 2013. The best thing I can say about it is that it's only a block away from fabulous restaurants. Also the staff was extremely courteous. The room was clean and there was a small kitchenette. On the negative side: there were critters in the wall behind the bed, which woke us at 4am, 5am, and 6am. The coffee packets had expired. The pillows were cheap foam. There was no light bulb in the bedside lamp, a promised replacement never came, and a visit to the front desk didn't unearth a bulb either. There was only one bedside table, a real inconvenience. The heater/fan was quite noisy. And in the evening, there was no hot water from the shower. When I checked out and aired these grievances, they reduced my bill from $160 to $127. The latter would have been a very good price if everything worked and we had gotten a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Our room, on the side away from the road, was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Argentcedar

I would like to apologize for what you experienced during your stay. It appears that we failed to attain our goal of exceeding our guest's expectations in your stay. We are happy that you did enjoy our customer service and clean rooms.

I’m sorry for the items that you found in your room that were not up to standard. I can assure you that I have discussed and reviewed processes with our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff. It is our practice to keep all rooms clean and in working order. The burnt out bulb, expired coffee and no hot water are completely unacceptable. These are the very basics things. I’m also sorry that the pillows were a disappoint to you during your stay. We have recently ordered new pillows for our rooms. As you can imagine, our vast Historic Inn requires a lot of care and upkeep and we work diligently to maintain the grounds and rooms. One our many practices is a monthly pest control program for all rooms and the property. We are confident our rooms are clean and pest free.

Although, I can not reverse the past and when we make an mistake we do everything we can to make it right. I wish I had had the opportunity to speak with you during your stay so that I could have helped make your stay more enjoyable while you were here. Please accept our sincere apology. I do hope you will visit us again so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here thanksgiving weekend. Got a king bed jacuzzi room for two in the ballroom building, the room was very spacious and comfortable with a big bathroom and hot tub. Although, the building itself is a little old there weren't any real problems. There were no issues when it came to parking and the garden area of the hotel is very relaxing and nice. Hotel bar/restaurant is also very cool, did not eat there just had a few drinks, friendly service and they have a lot of choices for food and drinks. Great front desk service they gave us a late checkout and were very responsive. Finally, the location is fantastic, it's across the park, and walking distance to shops, wineries, restaurants, and cafes. Overall, great hotel, great service, and the location is unbeatable. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank GoGev
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Thank you for choosing the Paso Robles Inn for your stay. I’m delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay and dinning experience while at our Historic Inn. We strive to provide memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.