“Great Girls Weekend”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had an amazing girls weekend, 5 of us shared two connecting suites. The smell of the sulphur in the tubs was almost overwhelming but nothing some vino couldn't fix. The food at the hotel was yummy. This hotel is in the middle of town and walking distance to a ton of shops, food, vino etc. We hired a driver who came to our hotel and drove us in our car, he carried our packages and took care of everything. He was fantastic. We went to about 5 wineries and enjoyed them all. This trip would also be a great couples get away. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Thank you for planning your girls weekend with us! Each of our suites have a mineral spa located on a private patio, and because they do have a natural sulfur smell we provide our guests with some complimentary spa scent suds for any guests who have not had experiences with mineral water before. I am so glad that you did enjoy our restaurant, as our staff is all very friendly and we offer some delicious meals at great prices. Our hotel is fortunate to be centrally located within a short drive of nearly 300 wineries, and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your wine tasting experience with one of the local wine tours. We cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

4.5 to 5 stars. Loved my stay here (and I'm so picky about hotels) and enjoyed a hearty breakfast too. The room was lovely, clean, the bed firm and only a little bit squeaky. An ample amount of towels (I hate just getting two bath towels) and Bath & Bodyworks products which smell fabulous!

We were in the Robert Hall which was decorated in a Robert Hall winery theme which was adorable! The room has a hot tub on the deck. This was the best part. We only stayed overnight, but the bf and I used that tub 3 times! The natural sulfur hot springs water was so soothing!

Nice white waffle-weave robes and two complimentary bottles of water (necessary in hot Paso). We were also given two free glasses of wine coupons (Robert Hall, of course) and that was nice. We went to the bar and enjoyed our "free" and generous glasses.

The grounds are lovely, a koi pond, little waterfalls, bridges over the water, manicured lawn, fabulous oak trees and edible landscaping! I saw artichokes, kohlrabi, strawberries and such. Absolutely well done grounds.

I don't know why people give this place bad reviews, I had a wonderful time and again, I'm kind of persnickety. One down side about my stay here, which isn't really a downside, is that the front desk girls were not super customer service oriented. They weren't obnoxious or anything, just not Nordstrom-level service.

Breakfast at their diner was a whole lot better than I thought it might be. Huge omelets and my Denver omelet had big chunks of fresh bell pepper and onion. The house fries were yummy.

The other downside is the paper thin walls. I was awakened in the middle of the night by our neighbors talking next door. Merely talking. I put in earplugs (which I hate to do -- they hurt my ears) and went back to sleep.

The location of the Paso Robles Inn is right on the square, walk to dinner or the fabulous Vivant! I highly recommend this place and we plan to return!

Room Tip: I always try to get a top floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thea Y

I am glad to hear that our Robert Hall room suited you so well for your recent stay with us! Housekeeping does their best to ensure that all of our rooms are clean and welcoming to our guests, and we try to provide our guests with great amenities such as the Bath & Bodyworks products, an ample amount of towels, and Seattle’s Best coffee. Our spa rooms provide our guests with private mineral spas which are a unique experience that only our hotel offers in the Paso Robles area. I am so pleased to see that you pointed out two of our most recent projects which we are extremely proud of. One of our most recent projects has been a wine branding project. We recently invited local wineries to decorate 18 of our deluxe spa rooms with their winery’s “brand;” one of the wineries being the Robert Hall winery. We are very excited to have this unique project at our hotel and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed this one-of-a-kind room. Our other recent project through our steakhouse is our farm-to-table project. The vegetables and fruits that you saw growing in our organic gardens are harvested and served right here at our restaurant! We are so glad to hear about your amazing stay with us, and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

the outside hot tubs in the king rooms are the best, they may have a sulphur smell,but that is what hot springs are, they do sooth the soul,and with some spa perfume you cant ask for more.
the best rooms are the king size bed rooms (large&roomy) with and big bathroom. we were in room 1005.great view of the grounds
the food and deserts at the restaruant was good.the staff people are kind, i got free fish food to feed the pond fish.oboy! oboy!
i stayed here before and never used the hot tub ,now i know what i was missing.
the only slight negative,was the cost of peachy canyon zinfindel wine,which was great but who thought i would be charged 18.00 dollars for a 1/2 full glass.
my wife consults for opolo wine and there mountain zinfindel is a gold awarded win and it don't cost that for a bottle. i realize we must make a profit ,but a killing is over the top.

Room Tip: pay more get more king room with spa
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our mineral spa room and that you had such a relaxing experience with us. Our deluxe rooms which feature the mineral spa are definitely the biggest of our rooms and also feature a large bathroom and a fireplace. Our deluxe rooms that overlook the garden area have superior views of our Koi ponds and our garden area, while our deluxe ballroom spas feature a private indoor spa in the privacy of a large, private bathroom. Our Koi fish are always ready for more fish food, and as long as it’s daylight we would be happy to provide you with more complimentary fish food! I am glad to hear that your experience at our hotel was enjoyable and relaxing, and we are all looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great location on the square. Within walking distance of this quaint town. Hotel is neat, clean and quiet. Nice pool with hot tub. A great value. There is a good choice of two queen or king rooms. Parking is close. Breakfast on site was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We love being located in the main downtown area of Paso Robles because it offers our guests a lot of different entertainment and dining options. Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to ensure that each of our guests will have a pristinely clean room at check-in, and our expansive garden areas create a quiet respite for our guests’ which gives our hotel a sense of tranquility. We are able to offer our guests a variety of both traditional and deluxe spa rooms to choose from when making a reservation, so we have different room types available to accommodate everyone. We appreciate all of your kind comments, and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here with another couple during the mid-state fair and loved it. We were pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was. When we first checked in we were told our room was on the parking lot just off the main road, and thought oh no it's going to be loud. Just the opposite, it was quiet and did not even know the road was there. The room was split into two parts, the area with the beds and a television, and a living room with its only television, made it nice while us guys enjoyed watching a game while do girls did their bathroom thing.

The room was older, however recently modernized and very clean. The private patio which faced the courtyard had a spa, which looked like it would be nice if we had been staying longer.

Te hotel staff were very nice, even though they told us the truth about the town closing down early So there was nowhere to go and get a beer after 11 pm, at least the told us and didn't let us wonder the town for no reason. Something about closing early during be fair season.

Anyway, I would recommend this hotel which is very charming, if you will be passing through or wine tasting, we will be back.

Room Tip: Looked like you couldn't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

I'm delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn.

We strive to provide a memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the our newly renovated spa rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Erica Fryburger General Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Having been on a motorcycle for 10 days and generally looking for a place to crash, my normally cost conscious wife heard them talk about the Hot Springs that fed into a spa on your own private patio so she went to look. Sold! The property itself was beautiful and very well kept. Location was right across the street from the centrally located town park. We enjoyed the place so much we spent an extra night and were able to enjoy the Friday night music in the park followed by the lavender festival the following day.

When we were there, the power went out for a couple of hours only on the side of the street the hotel was on. I would recommend management do some sort of business continuity planning for situations like this. Staff did their best to keep people happy but they were clearly shooting from the hip

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

I am so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our hot springs and were able to relax after being on the road for so long. Our hot springs are very well known for their therapeutic benefits and the fact that we do not treat or filter the water, providing our guests with a rare and unique experience. Our location is fantastic because we are just across the street from the local park, shopping, restaurants, and wine tasting options which places us walking distance from many of the places in town. I do remember the power situation that you are speaking of. I am sorry that this power outage negatively affected your stay, as unfortunately there was a downed power line in our area that affected most of Paso Robles. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and decided to spend another night with us, and we look forward to future visits with you.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is hotel that is on the edge of being quite good but falls short in couple of areas. It is still a good value if you shop it and get a reasonable discount on the rack rate. We were upgraded to a suite which was helpful given we had our kids in a second room and it gave us a gathering spot. Our kids room appeared upgraded where ours didn't. Our room was also an ADA room which made it very open. The room was comfortable enough but the pillows were terrible. The hot tub was not clean. You have to get pass the sulfur water issue since they promote it as therapeutic and it's well-known if you do any research. However, I could see where it would be a problem for some. We just didn't use ours. I did notice a large cock roach in our room the morning we left but it seemed to be a lone bug. Still another small sign of sub-par standards but it can happen. Most concerning was that one day we returned to our room after wine tasting all day to find that the maid service had not completely closed our door. Fortunately nothing was missing. The front desk was very concerned and said they would address it with the maid. We enjoyed the pool area, the gardens and the fact that we could walk to several restaurants. Highlights were the Amsterdam Coffee House, Buona Tavola for dinner and The Red Scooter for breakfast and picnic sandwiches....all within walking distance. The Artisan is good but did not meet expectations on our visit.

I wish that I could give this place more stars because we had a wonderful time in Paso, the rate was very fair and the staff was very accommodating. The upgrade was appreciated but with all the hits and misses I'm afraid it was still an average stay. That said...I would definitely give them another chance.

Room Tip: If the sulfur smell is going to be an issue be sure and address it when making a reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I do appreciate that you took the time to describe your stay for us and that you had such a wonderful time visiting the Paso Robles area. We do offer AAA and AARP discounts on our rooms and we quite frequently have other discounts available for our rooms as well. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite and that it accommodated your family so nicely. I am sorry that you did not find any comfort in our pillows and I wish you had called the front desk so that we could have switched them out for you. Housekeeping does their best to make sure that pillows that have “lost their fluff” are thrown away, but unfortunately sometimes it takes a guest’s comment before they are taken care of. I apologize that your door was left opened as well. That is not acceptable and we did follow up with our housekeeping staff about this issue and it will not happen again. I am happy to hear that Paso Robles was such a great vacation for you, and we look forward to your future visits to the area!