“Wedding night fiasco” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Paso Robles, California
“Wedding night fiasco”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I booked an evening for our wedding night for 02/23/2014, when we arrived to check-in we were informed that we had no reservation. Unfortunately my phone was dead and I couldn't pull up my confirmation email. The girl working the desk acted as if we were crazy. I gave her every possible name it could be under (maiden and new last night). And still nothing.. Finally she looked up a different way and found that my reservation was booked for 03/23/2014 and not 02/23/2014. I could have swore I triple checked the dates, but like I said I couldn't pull up my confirmation email. Luckily they had a open room and just switched the nights. But what would have happened if they didn't have an open room? When we got to the room I charged my phone and sure enough I had the date correct, therefore their system screwed up. When I went to check out I told the girl so that she could make the manager aware, she seemed to care less. Later that day 02/24/2014 I emailed the manager letting them know what happened... 4 days later still no response. I will not be going back there.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about your situation at check in and the mistake made on your reservation. Our front desk staff pays great attention to detail during our reservation process and we do our best to double check each reservation to ensure that dates, names, and other information are entered correctly into our reservation system. It appears that we missed our mark on this reservation and I do apologize that this happened on your wedding night and that this situation occurred at all. I would be happy to speak with you about your stay with us, but unfortunately I did not receive the email that you sent out to me. If you would like to email me again or call me at 805-238-2660 I would like to speak with you about your experience with us.

Meredith A. Martens
Front Office Manager
MeredithM@PasoRoblesInn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Lindsay, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The rooms and grounds are fabulous! Everything was clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly, and we couldn't ask for a better variety of amenities. The front desk helped us find local restaurants and taxi service. I highly recommend the Paso Robles Inn!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. Our staff does their utmost to keep our property clean and comfortable, and our recent renovations have modernized our property while still keeping the charm of a historic hotel. Our staff loves to hear of the unique travels our guests have when they come through our door, and we are very fortunate to be able to provide our guests with a variety of amenities such as the Bath&Body Works products, our outdoor pool and spa, and a variety of other amenities available through our restaurant. I am so pleased to hear that our front desk was able to help you during your stay, and we look forward to when your travels bring you back to our area!
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very disappointed by front desk staff. We asked for a king sized bed, gave us a room with a double bed, asked for the king and was now told they had none! They did have kings because they found one. It was not handled well , TV didn't work, door to room wouldn't open they made me walk back and forth 4 x never thought to get someone who worked at the Inn to help. Room had a terrible sulphur smell. It took a call to the corporate office to get the general manager to return my call. After driving 300 miles it's not where u want to wind up.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nomi44
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry for the confusion that you experienced during your stay, but I am pleased that we were able to come to a resolution with you. When you made your reservation and asked our front desk staff for a king sized bed we only had rooms available on the second floor, and I am glad that they were able to accommodate you in one of our queen sized beds with an indoor fireplace on the first floor when you told them that you could only be on the first floor. When you decided to move to a different section of the property all we had available on the first floor were rooms featuring our two double beds, but once again I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your move to this room. Because none of these rooms you looked at seemed to fit your taste I am glad to hear that our staff was able to move you to one of our deluxe mineral spa rooms with a king sized bed which featured a private mineral spa which is characterized by a sulfur smell. I am sorry to hear that you had so much trouble finding a room that suited you, and once our general manager returned to the office from her days off she did give you a return call. I do hope that the significant discount applied to your stay was able to leave you with a better memory of your experience with us.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Paso Robles Inn. It was our first time there. We really enjoyed our stay. The deluxe spa room was big and comforting. We liked the view from our patio onto the well kept grounds and found it very relaxing. We ate and drank in the bar and had breakfast in the "coffee shop". The food and drinks were better then we expected.

The employees we encountered were very pleasant.

The Paso Robles Inn is now on our list for weekend getaways!

Re: The sulphur odor that people mention. This facility is built over a sulphur spring location folks!! That's what the area is historically known for. We did not mind the mild sulphur odor (I kinda liked it). The soak in the sulphur bath on our patio was soothing. Don't knock the Paso Robles Inn for the "Sulphur odor"

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you decided to spend your vacation with us and that you had such a fantastic experience. Our heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi is very popular with our guests and our large garden areas are a very relaxing setting for each of our rooms. Our hotel and gardens offer our guests a serene location to enjoy and our coffee shop, steakhouse, and cattlemen’s lounge offer our guests a multitude of dining options without ever having to leave our property. Right across the street from us in the Paso Robles downtown center which places us within walking distance of many shops, wine tasting options, and other top rated restaurants. It is hard to be anything but happy and content working in such a beautiful place, and we are glad that you enjoyed each of your interactions with all of our staff. Our deluxe mineral spa rooms are definitely a special treat for our guests and can be very soothing, and we are all very glad that we are able to take advantage of our natural hot springs to provide our guests with this experience. Our staff appreciates each of your comments, and we look forward to the next time you are able to visit with us.
Lakeside, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. We've stayed here a couple of times in the last 2 years and always have an excellent experience. The restaurant is good and the staff are very helpful. The grounds are beautiful and we particularly enjoyed the organic chef's garden interspersed around the Inn. We love this place and will always return to it when we're in Paso Robles.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your most recent stay with us and that you had such a comfortable and relaxing stay. Over the last two years our property has experienced a lot of different upgrades, and I hope that each of your stays has allowed you to experience something a little different and a little better. Our steakhouse serves absolutely delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner options and our Cattlemen’s Lounge is a local’s favorite. Our staff has done a superb job of maintaining our expansive garden areas, and our farm-to-table project featuring the chef’s garden plots has become very popular. I appreciate your comments and your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to the next time your travels bring you to Paso Robles.
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here with relatives from New York. The Inn has a lot history, lovely gardens, and wonderful original Ballroom. The restaurant looked invited, although we ate at an Italian restaurant just 1/2 block away. The jacuzzi was a welcome site after a long drive and a couple of wine tastings. Would definitely stay at this Inn again

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maureen R
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn. We strive to provide a memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the our newly renovated rooms and property.Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Erica Fryburger
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

First time here, and it was a delightful experience. Our room was ready, clean and comfortable. Beds and pillows could be better, but there were plenty of blankets and robes, as well as towels to enjoy the patio mineral spa tub for two.
Fireplace was easy to use and added great atmosphere.
If only another night to enjoy the room. Wine glasses, from Eberle were provided to use.
We enjoyed a complimentary Eberly Zinfandel and bought the breakfast package. Both very good, as well as the food and staff at the restaurant and lounge upstairs.
Future trips WILL include the Wine Wrangler to drive us around. Keep up the renovations, love the raised gardens for the chefs kitchen throughout the grounds.
We'll be back!

1 Thank weddingmama2012
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 2 February 2014

Erica Fryburger