“First time stay”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was a first time for us to visit Paso Robles. I read the reviews on the Paso Robles Inn and would go back here again. The rooms were clean, with plenty of space and offered a microwave and refrigerator. All of the rooms face the center gardens with a small trickling stream that is just lovely. We dined at the restaurant for breakfast and have to warn you that there offer big portions for breakfast. I had an omelet one day with fruit and my husband had granola with fruit. I learned my lesson and the second day got a biscuit and 2 eggs with a side of fruit.
I should mention that this inn is located in the center of town, which makes is walking friendly....unless you are wine tasting and you will need to drive to those places.
Thank you again for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanley1212
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn. We strive to provide a memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the our newly renovated rooms and property.Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Erica Fryburger General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,571)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Paso Robles Inn. The rooms with private mineral baths are unique and fun and come with the expected sulfur odor. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Our room was a little on the close side. We ate at the restaurant, the prime rib special night was a value and tasty. Our waitress couldn't have been nicer. Breakfast at the counter was a fun throwback. Front desk staff, however, were disappointedly, budget motel cold both on check-in and check-out. The location is walking distance to downtown Paso Robles, convenient to restaurants and wine tasting rooms.

Room Tip: The private spa rooms are unique and worth the additional fee
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique mineral spas and our expansive grounds. I am glad to hear that you were able to experience our prime rib special on Wednesday nights, which is definitely a locals favorite, and our newly remodeled coffee shop! Our location in the center of the down town area is definitely a plus and makes it easy to walk to many nearby attractions. I appreciate all of your comments and we look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Inn for two nights to attend a wedding. The location was great - so convenient to the square, restaurants, shopping, bars, etc. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The pool area was nice, but had very few lounge chairs. I believe there were less than 10, which is a very small number for the size of the hotel. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, but I thought the room was rather small. The bathroom was newly renovated. Why are there zero towel racks in the bathroom? The room had a room unit air conditioner which was EXTREMELY noisy. I was left with a choice of either having no air and being very hot, or having the air-conditioner noise keep me awake. The sink in our bathroom leaked onto the floor, which was quickly repaired. The mini fridge is a nice convenience, but it froze most of the beverages put into it. I did report the air conditioner situation to the front desk, but they didn't seem too concerned about it. All in all, I think the room was overpriced for the quality and wouldn't look to make a return visit.

Room Tip: I had a garden room, and my daughter had a room in the front building. Her room was larger, newer a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mari10

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our gardens and our pool area. Our housekeeping staff does their best to ensure that each of our guests enjoys their stay with us, and I am glad to hear that you found the room to be both clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with your air conditioner and our mini fridge. Since your departure I have had our maintenance staff inspect your air conditioner and reset the temperature setting on the mini fridge, and I do appreciate you letting us know about these inconveniences from your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the wedding, and I hope that you enjoy your future visits to our town and our wine country.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was my 3rd visit to Paso Robles Inn. Everytime I take a trip from SoCal to go wine tasting in Paso Robles this is my favorite place to stay. Walking distance to bars, restaurants, etc. Great value with a very interesting history! I did not get the room with the hot springs as I did the last couple of times, but they are available.

Room Tip: Try the rooms with the hot springs
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay at our hotel! Paso Robles has become very well known for having high quality wines and is a fantastic stop for a wine tasting adventure. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our history and your easy walk to all of the nearby attractions! Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Location, location, location!
Steps from downtown Paso Robles and multiple dining/drinking options, all within walking distance.
The property is beautifully maintained and optional hot spring tubs are available in your room.
This hotel is a great value!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank davidhuerta
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Erica Fryburger General Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Enjoyed this much more than we expected. Have stayed numerous times in Paso (mainly for wine), and first time at the original: Paso Robles Inn. Loved the convenience of walking across the square to the many fine restaurants and attractions downtown after a day in the vineyards. Easy in-easy out parking, super-helpful staff. Rooms have been recently renovated w/granite tops, nicely upgraded fixtures, in-room reefer, coffee & microwave were very convenient. AC is via wall unit, nor central air, and our room had gas fireplace, which heated up the room very quickly and efficiently when needed. "All you need, nothing you don't" sort of captures it. Since rooms are front-loaded via walkway or outdoor open hallway, not a lot of window light without shades open (to preserve privacy), of course, which is typical of older properties. Sort of motel-like design, but a great job of modernizing the facilities. Coffee shop & bar were very convenient, and we have heard restaurant is very good too, although we didn't try it. Will return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back very quiet, ground floor extra convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. The Paso Robles Inn is centrally located in the downtown area and is within walking distance from many of the top rated restaurants, boutique shopping, and wine tasting options in town. Our own Steakhouse offers our guests delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner options and our Cattlemen's Lounge provides our guests with a relaxing setting to enjoy some libations and pass the time. We do offer our guests the luxury of an outdoor pool and spa which is heated year round and our staff does their utmost to keep this area clean and enjoyable. Thank you for commenting on your stay, and we look forward to when your travels bring you back to the Paso Robles area!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at the inn for two nights, in a room with a spa. We enjoyed the experience very much. The room and spa were very clean. We enjoyed the view of the garden, which is very well groomed. We were aware, when we booked the room that there would be a sulphur smell from the spa water. Having been at other spas or springs with natural hot water we were familiar with the smell. I don't understand how guests at this inn can complain about the surfer smell. It is, after, natural hot springs water.

We ate a steak dinner at the inn. It was very good, and the service was excellent.

Will we go back? Definetly!

Stayed: April 2014
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn.

We strive to provide a memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the our newly renovated rooms and property.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we use all feedback as a way to improve our guests experience.

Thank you agian and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Erica Fryburger