“GOOD STEAKS AND DRINKS”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I have been eating at the McLintocks location in the Shell Beach area for many years. We always stop by anytime we are in the area. We were finishing our day of wine tasting in Paso Robles and the tasting room manager recommended the local F. McLintocks location for a great meal. The decor at this location is western and rather plain as compared to the other locations however, the steaks and drinks are the same high quality. If you like vodka and lemons, I highly recommend the Lemon Drop as they make them here like they used to at the Shell Beach location. Some of the side dishes are a little different from the other locations but the food overall is outstanding. The service on this occasion was also outstanding and the waitress went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and to meet all of our needs. If you want a good steak dinner without all of the expensive frills, I highly recommend this location.

There are newer reviews for F Mc Lintocks Saloon & Dining

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had been to the McClintock's in Shell Beach and Arroyo Grande and decided to check out the Paso Robles version. Decor and menu are the same as the original though on a slightly smaller scale. My steak was outstanding and the wife's calimari steak was delicious. Cocktail size was a bit skimpy but otherwise acceptable. Service seemed to lag a bit at times and it appeared that our server had a table or two too many to cover comfortably. She was pleasant and personable and appeared to be doing her best.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Obviously no food delivery on New Year's Day but everything tasted stale. Wednesday was spaghetti and meatball special but they offered none. Desserts were non- existent.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were wandering in downtown Paso the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, looking for a local place to eat. After checking a few places with fancy menus but few customers, we came across McLintock's. It was about 1/2 full at the time (5:30), and since that was more than most of the other places, we decided to give it a try. For the most part, that turned out to be a good move. The atmosphere here is fun and authentic, the service fast and friendly, and the food wasn't bad. I had the chicken dinner special, and it reminded me of something Grandma used to make. However, my GF's salad had overcooked beef, so she sent it back, and the server handled this nicely.

A complaint. When we were seated, the host took our order for wine by-the-glass, at a price of about $14 for both. After it arrived, the server told us that on Tuesday (i.e., that night) the beverage special was wine by-the-bottle at 1/2 price. Had the host mentioned that at the start, we would have spent less for an entire bottle than we paid for two glasses.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience. Not sure we will rush back to McLintock's, but it will be on our radar the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

If you are looking for a pretentious, snobby place to eat, don't eat here. However, if you like great food in a casual, cowboy atmostphere you won't be disappointed. The staff is super friendly and our server, Kyle, was great. Our food was cooked to order and delivered quickly. My NY strip was perfect. And, after a day of wine tasting I wanted something different so I ordered a margarita on the rocks. It was SO good....apparently they don't use a mix and it was perfect.