“Tasty Mexican Food”

La Mexicana
Ranked #36 of 205 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 March 2014

When we are in Paso we always stop at this restaurant and have never been disappointed. The chips are warm and the salsa is just right with a little hint of hotness. We order a combination meal and there is always plenty. I usually order two items and my husband three with half of our combination meals going home. This time we both ordered two items with both of having a cheese enchilada. I also had a guacamole stuffed taco while my husband had a Chile relleno. Along with that you get beans and rice. Everything was hot and tasty. There was a lot of guacamole in the taco and the Chile relleno was quite large. The inside is a little dated but the staff is very friendly.

1  Thank krk44

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We made a quick trip to Paso Robles and decided Mexican food for dinner. The motel highly recommended this restaurant and we were pleasantly suprised. Very cute Mexican atmostphere with friendly, helpful staff. I always judge a restaurant by their chips and salsa (or bread) and these were warm, housemade, and excellent. We both ate way too many chips though! They have a great salsa picante if you ask for it. My husband always orders tamales and the beef tamales did not disappoint. I had the carne asada and it was tender and tasty (way too large portion though but plenty of leftovers for our dog) They serve breakfast so we will give that a try next trip.

2  Thank LynnBoCA
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Family friendly, locals and great food. Been going there for years and always have a good meal. Unpretentious and informal this is a great place to enjoy fast service and the good Mexican food . My biggest issue with them is trying to order something other than the Pesole. I always have to take enough home for another meal or two. I also enjoy the Menudo on occasion but, understandably, this is not for everyone. My other favorite there is the Chile Verde Enchiladas.

1  Thank edrog42
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The food is fresh, prices are reasonable. We ordered ala carte chili verde burritos the first time going there.......packed with meat, and I think they were only $4.95 ea. You won't get this much meat in a burrito anywhere else. Over many times have tried different items..........all good, love the rice and beans too..........salsa and chips very good. Excellent choice for the best Mexican food in town.

1  Thank Gwen M
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We ate at this restaurant quite a few years ago and weren't impressed at all. Our son was telling us about the wonderful Mexican food he had so we decided to try it again and really enjoyed our meal. The fresh chips and salsa were wonderful to begin with and I wish I hadn't eaten so many. I ordered the chilaquilies and they were wonderful!! My husband ordered the chile verde and was pleased. The food is served piping hot. Their prices are very reasonable. The restaurant was packed. We'll definitely go back!!

1  Thank K. B