“Expensive Parking Lot”
Review of Kit Fox RV Park

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Patterson
Kit Fox RV Park
San Diego, California
“Expensive Parking Lot”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Close to freeway. Spaces are very close together so trailers are packed in giving the feeling of a parking lot with several spaces appearing to have abandoned motor homes and trailers adding to that feeling. Very expensive rates. Grassy areas for dogs with an off leash dog run.

A few pull through sites reserved for long rigs, mostly gravel rather than paved. Fairly quiet though there seemed to be a lot of truck traffic on Rogers road to the west of the park, and several big rigs were idling on the other side road. The wind from the north would occasionally carry some foul odor I could not identify but it caused us to keep our windows closed. WiFi free but we did not have much luck with it.

Starbucks is close by if you need your morning fix, and gas stations to fill up before getting back on the freeway. We probably would not stay again for the price paid. Asked staff for some help on an issue with another traveler and staff seemed to get angry we even asked though he did take care of the problem.

We hear there is a KOA in Los Banos about 35 miles south.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank rushwoman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Pulled off this evening and happy we did. Have a back-in site and it's nicely level (gravel with grass works for us). Full hookups with cable - $32. Loads of pull throughs (completed paved) but they're very close to each other. Back-in is extremely roomy with grass lot beside each one. No noise at all from highway. Clean!!! and tidy RV park.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SkiHikeKayakPlay
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Pluses:
Quiet, well-kept park. Lots of great grass to walk your dog, and management is friendly and helpful. Showers close to the spaces are large though there are only 2 at the north end, and 2 at the south end of the park. Office has additional showers which close at 9:00 pm. Clubhouse is great for clubs and family gatherings. Wi-Fi is included. Ice cream for sale in the office which is a nice amenity on warm days. Easy to get in some exercise walking around the park grounds. Most spaces are back-in but about 15 pull-throughs reserved for overnight stays. Long enough not to have to unhook your towed unless your rig is super long.

Minuses:
Expensive as the park is really nothing more than a place to park your rig. It offers minimal (that is, nearly zero) discounts for stays of a week or month. Not even a swimming pool would compensate for the high rates. And if amenities were added, I figure the rates would go up to pay for them. Laundry room has only 3 washers and 2 dryers which are nearly always in use so tough to get laundry done if you pull in only for the night. Many stored vehicles in spaces scattered throughout the park, I assume to make the park appear to have higher occupancy rate than what it does.

Our next trip through the area, we will checkout the RV park in Santa Nella instead.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank rushwoman
Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 August 2011

When I checked into Kit Fix I was told that propane was for sale. I paid for a week and was never allowed to get propane. The staff was horrible to me. I think they did not want me at the park. It was a painful experience. I went to the office many times and asked for a refund for the days that I prepaid for so that I could leave and find another park. I was refused. At the end of the week I ask for a partial refund due to the fact that I had no hot water or cooking fuel. They laughed at me. Victoria Siegel

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank vicandirv

Travellers are raving about these Patterson hotels

So California
Reviewed 28 July 2009

The Kit Fox RV Park is a good place to rest your head for a night or two if you are traveling through the San Joaquin Valley on the 5 freeway. Kit Fox is off of the Sperry Road exit and can be found in Patterson, CA at 14750 Rogers Road. The property is large and there are 150 spaces of varying lengths including pull thrus. Their website is: w--------com. This is a no frills park and it isn't a RV resort so don't expect a swimming pool and such. It has small bathroom/shower facilities which is a drawback if you don't have that in your RV, but that should not be a problem as they have full hook ups at the campsites. The facility is neat, clean and was very quiet. Be forewarned that this area gets hot in the summer and your RV better have good A/C! There are plenty of fast food spots nearyby and coffee huts as well. This is a newer facility but it is rated as average because of few amenities.

7 Thank BigJimbo56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patterson
Best Western Plus Villa Del Lago Inn
#3 of 4 in Westley
No photo provided
Hamlet Motel
#1 of 1 in Newman

Been to Kit Fox RV Park? Share your experiences!