“Great Little Casino and Buffet”
Review of Casino Pauma

Casino Pauma
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively casino nestled in a citrus grove offers 24 hours of gaming along with budget dining and live entertainment.
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife and I went to five different casinos on our trip to Temecula and this was our favorite. There are lots of penny slots and they seem to be much looser than the fancier casinos like Barona and Pechanga. We found the atmosphere and employees very friendly also.

The dinner buffet was $9.99 and we were hungry so we went for it without high expectations but were pleasantly surprised. The buffet is not large, as far a variety of food, but the quality and taste was excellent. They had a good eggplant parmesan, salmon and catfish, and my wife said the chicken wings were the best she has ever had.

Overall, we had a very pleasant visit and would recommend Pauma Casino and buffet. We didn't experience any of the negatives that some of the others posted.

5  Thank JKP_Illinois
There are newer reviews for Casino Pauma

Reviewed 15 May 2013

If a small casino is what you want you will have a good time here. Older and new slots on the floor to chose from. Great value for your gamming dollar. I have A good time when I come here.

1  Thank Darthraider
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We've gone to Casino Pauma three times in the last 2 years, and loved each visit.

Las Vegas-type casinos are not our thing and this casino certainly bears no resemblance to those. What we like are loose slots, fun games, a mix of old and new games and a friendly atmosphere. You can spend hours here and either make a few dollars or at worst, not lose your shirt.

Our most recent visit was on March 3, and we found that the re-construction was complete. We were also surprised to find a VERY large part of the casino was 'No Smoking' and the smoking areas didn't have 'clouds of smoke'.

If any portion of the casino is in a tent, you couldn't prove it by me.

Handicapped parking was generous, not skimpy.

Things that could be improved:
- more ATMs/ticket redemption kiosks
- a better Deli menu (great it you like hot dogs and pizza but ???)
... freshly made sandwiches would be a plus.

3  Thank Bob_and_Elly
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Love this place........It's very small and tent-like as casinos go. They have a good selection of machines (old and new) and a small poker room (maybe 5 tables) hahaha.

The reason I love this place is your money lasts forever.

I am quite the casino junkie. I worked at Viejas and Sycuan for years, so I know my casinos. I live in San Diego and for the past year have been hitting every casino I can on a weekly basis. Once a week I go to Valley View, Harrah's, Pauma, Pala, Pechanga in that order. They are all about 5 miles distance from each other in a row. I try to hit Soboba Casino about once every 2 weeks.

I gave up on the casino's in San Diego because they are so tight and they are terrible with the comps.

Pauma has some of the older IGT machines that you NEVER see anymore anywhere such as: Wild Bear Salmon Run, Turkey Shoot, Uncle Sam....etc etc. They also have all the new ones as well.

Also if you're a smoker you'll be happy to know that a pack is only $6 here, as opposed to $7-Valley View, $8-Harrah's, $9-Soboba.

They have extremely clean restrooms for a casino, and hot seat drawings every hour for freeplay. They also have breakfast specials and 3 snack shops with salads, hot dogs, sandwiches, mini pizza's, desserts...... They just built a new buffet that is supposed to be good and only $10/person.

They have a big bar/lounge in the center of the casino with ample seating and a full liquor license.

They have a special every morning for $60 in slotplay for $40 cash. Not a bad deal at all.

The thing I did notice about this place is they do not have a NON-SMOKING section. The entire casino is smoking and it gets very smokey.

All new club members will get $10 in freeplay for joining the club.

No garage or covered parking. One big lot with very minimal handicapped parking so be prepared to walk.

If you've never been here before....try it

4  Thank Timothy H
Reviewed 25 January 2013

this is a great little casino i have won here quite a few times the food has improved and they have alot of 5 cent keno to play

1  Thank Nicholas D