“my most favorite round of golf in my life!”

Cypress Point Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic golf course located along the California coast.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

all I have to say is WOW! I was invited by my friend who did work for a member of cypress point.(its good to have friends with this kind of pull) I was lucky enough to play this masterpiece! the day that I played we saw only 2 other people there the whole day!how can you beat that. our caddie was the best, he guided us thru a this place of fantasy. this round was the most wonderful golf I have ever played in my life. I can now die in peace. let me take that back......augusta??
mr.mackenzie.

There are newer reviews for Cypress Point Golf Club

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Anyone that is invited to play Cypress is extremely lucky! It is as good as golf can be anywhere, and i have played many great courses in this area, as well as Ireland and Scotland. the weather was perfect at 72 degrees, little wind, and blue sky. The caddies were very helpful on a course in perfect condition. I will never forget this day and round.

1  Thank craig b
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Playing Cypress Point was nothing short of a dream come true for me having played St. Andrews and Pebble Beach. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to play there along side my fellow employees from Pasatiempo Golf Club (another MacKenzie course built right after he completed Cypress just North of Monterey).

I may not have played as well as I would have liked, but given the surroundings and the history of such a marvelous piece of golf lore, just walking the fairways and limiting myself to 2 three putts, I was in heaven. Number 15 and 16 are a sight to behold and gave me goose bumps.

So, if you are ever invited and have the opportunity, don't pass it up! And should you get to the area and can't get on at Cypress, go to Pasatiempo Golf Club in Santa Cruz for a taste of Dr. MacKenzie's magic, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

One of the best rounds of golf I have every played. I read the Match and suggest anyone else that likes golf does the same. Reading the book added to the overall enjoyment of my round here. It takes a lot of connections to get on but if you get the chance you have to make it happen. Just when you think the course can't get any better you cross the road to 15, 16, and 17. I can't imagine 3 better golf holes. Great experience and I hope I get the chance to go back

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very lucky to be invited to play.
The best golfing experience of my life.
Managed to par the 15th - will never forget that feeling as the ball sails over the ocean and lands on the green.
Feel like the luckiest person in the world.
The course is a proper proper test. Not the longest but there is enough length to test anyone. Beautifully laid out, every hole is completely individual and it is the fastest round I have ever played. Not in terms of actual time but in perceived time. I actually could not believe it when I took my tee shot on 18 and someone mentioned it was the 18th, it felt like I had only just started, time just flew by. I wanted to do it all over again as soon as I walked off the course.
As you have to be invited you inevitably get very well looked after. Understated yet very hospitable.
If you get a sniff of a chance to play do whatever it takes to go. You will not regret it.