“Beautiful and exclusive with a price to match”

The Lodge at Pebble Beach
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pebble Beach
“Beautiful and exclusive with a price to match”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is a beautiful setting as anyone who has watched golf on TV knows. It was my husband's dream to play golf here and he couldn't have been happier. The service is great and the staff very friendly and helpful. He recommends hiring a caddy to play this course - it's worth the extra cost. Our room was lovely and spacious but calling it a "garden room" is a stretch. There was a small patio with a hedge between it and the parking area. You pay double or triple for everything here. I drove to Pacific Grove and had a great pedicure for $26 at Rose Nails. This would be about $85 at the Spa. The Beach club is free for guests to use and has a pool, exercise and cardio room overlooking Stillwater Cove. I took the Dance Sculpting class and Total Body Conditioning classes and had a great workout. I doubt if we'll be back again but it was memorable!

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We just returned from a fantastic trip to California to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. Part of my present to him was a round of golf at his dream course, Pebble Beach. We stayed at the Lodge at Pebble Beach to experience the "complete package"....and we were not disappointed. I have to say, the garden spa room was one of the most romantic rooms I've ever stayed in, and my husband and I have stayed at some very nice places. The wood burning fireplace was an absolute treat - I couldn't get enough of the smell and the ambiance and we had it burning practically round-the-clock. Although you give up a view, it is well worth it to have the private garden spa. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub outside, as it is chilly even in July here, and never heard a peep from anyone while out there. The beautiful vaulted ceilings and enormous bathroom were an added bonus, and the toiletries from the spa smelled divine. I had heard from friends that there were nicer places to stay in the area, but the garden spa suite at the Lodge gets my vote for 5 stars. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Garden spa suite - DEFINITELY worth it. Book well in advance as there are only a few.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My husband and I have been dreaming of going to Pebble Beach and when it finally arrived, it did not disappoint. We stayed at the Lodge for 4 nights in the Ocean View Studio overloong the 18th green and Stillwater Cove. The room was fantastic! Very comfortable bed and the room was so cozy with a fireplace and balcony.

Played Spyglass twice and Pebble Beach once. Both courses lived up to the hype - the greens are fast but playable and the views are truly amazing. Tip: take a caddie no matter what your handicap is. It's cart path only and you don't get to truly experience the course when you are just driving on the cart path. Plus, the caddie will help with course management and line up your putts! Definitely worth the money.

Ate at Stillwater Grill, The Tap Room and at the Gallery - all were fantastic.

The Lodge has it's own appeal compared to the Inn at Spanish Bay. There is absolutely nothing I would change about the trip and have nothing negative to say. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stay at the Vizcaino building if possible, very close to all the amenities and the main Lodge.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlbertaChick18
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We got a free upgrade to a scenic view room, very nice!! The room was very large, one of the largest I've ever stayed in, next to our two room suite in Jamaica on our honeymoon. It was gorgeous!! A full couch, chairs, cocktail table, more chairs and table to eat a meal at. A wood buring fireplace and a nice balcony. Okay now onto the the dressing room with a sink and a chair to sit while blow drying your hair or putting on your make-up. So lovely!! Nice closet and drawers to put your things. The bathroom was beautiful, all marble, and of course a telephone by the toilet. Loved the deep soaking tub. We were traveling with another couple who had the room next to us and we never heard a thing from their room. The conceirge was top notch, anything you needed was taken care of and quickly, no waiting here. I was getting over being sick from being dehydrated (had to go to the hospital in Monterey), so when going to the spa or to the Beach Club, they made sure they picked me up in a golf cart took me to and from. Would I stay here again, oh yeah!!! I can't think of ANYTHING that was a minus, nothing at all. If you have the chance, stay here. Oh yeah, and from what my husband said, the golf was everything that he had dreamed it to be and much more. So we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Watch the web-site for free upgrades for scenic view. We orginally booked garden view.
1 Thank Jennifer S
Santa Clarita
Reviewed 2 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Lodge at Pebble Beach for our 25th wedding anniversary. It was a huge splurge for us, so we were a little worried that we would regret the amount of money that we spent on this vacation. NOT ONE OUNCE OF REGRET. It was perfect from the moment we checked in. The room was beautiful (the pictures and virtual tour on the website actually do not do it justice), the view spectacular, the service impeccable. One of the highlights of our three nights in paradise was the two-hour rental of the Lexus convertible. What a beautiful way to see 17 Mile Drive. The bedding and the mattresses are of extremely high quality, and out of this world comfortable. I have never slept so well. The food at the hotel is pricey but some of it is worth it. We had a martini sitting out on the balcony of the lounge on a beautiful day, and a hot chocolate (best hot chocolate I've ever had) sitting inside by the fireplace while it was raining outside. We ate breakfast at "Sticks" twice -- the food is ordinary but the view and service are exceptional. We ate at various restaurants in the surrounding communities -- Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, several times in Carmel, and an exceptional dinner at Pacific's Edge Restaurant at the Carmel Highlands Hotel. I had a 50 minute massage at The Spa which, for me, was not worth the money. My husband golfed one round at Pebble Beach and it was everything he expected it to be. If you're looking for the ultimate experience, The Lodge at Pebble Beach is your place!

2 Thank travelseeker4
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We sprang for an ocean view room, overlooking the 18th hole at Pebble Beach Golf Links. At 995 bucks a night before tax, I expected more than we got. The view was undeniably sensational - Stillwater Cove, plus the 18th hole. The room, however, was very small. There literally was not room for a room service table, and I had to move the furniture so as not to trip over it going to the bathroom in the dark. The amenities were appropriately luxurious - good towels, linens, marble shower - and the service excellent. All in all, though, I would not choose the view room again.

1 Thank lazyretirementgirl
Kolkata
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is the mecca for all golfers. We stayed at the lodge with our room overlooking the 18th hole fairway . It was a real exclusive experience. My son and I played at the Pebble Beach course on 5th June. What with lightning greens and awesome views of the Pacific Ocean. If you faded the ball here it would not go in some lowly tank, it would go into the Pacific.
The service at the lodge was simply impeccable. I would love to go back sometime.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
L'Auberge Carmel
L'Auberge Carmel
#19 of 25 in Carmel
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!