“Amazing venue with breathtaking views.”

The Lodge at Pebble Beach
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pebble Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing venue with breathtaking views.”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I am a professional wedding designer & planner. I just had the pleasure of doing a wedding at The Lodge and cannot recommend it enough.
Every stay I had at The Lodge over the past 10 months was wonderful - rooms, service, food, etc.

Room Tip: Ocean views are obviously more spectacular, but more expensive.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We flew into SFO airport, which is about a 2 hour drive from Pebble Beach. San Jose airport is closer, but the drive from SFO is pretty, especially once you get to Hwy 1.

17 Mile Drive is a private gated road, so unless you live in Pebble Beach or are staying at one of the hotels, you have to pay $9.50 for the privilege of driving through. Although we were staying at the Lodge, it wasn't made clear to us to tell the gate guard this and we ended up paying the $9.50 (which the Lodge subsequently reimbursed).

When you check in, there are a seemingly endless number of busboys/doormen on hand welcoming you. The staff is very friendly. Our bags were brought to our room (garden view - should be called parking lot view) via golf cart. Although a $20 per day service fee is added to the already hefty daily rate, our porter had no hesitation about accepting the $10 my husband offered him out of politeness. While the porter did state that it was "unnecessary," in my opinion he should have refused the additional gratuity entirely. That is the sort of thing that separates a very good hotel from a truly excellent one.

The room was nicely appointed, though I was disappointed to find that we had two queen beds, rather than a king size. The porter explained that since it is mostly groups of male golfers who stay there, 80% of the rooms are set up this way.

The fireplace was stocked and ready to go, the toiletries were nice, as were the robes. I enjoyed the pillows so much, I ended up buying two to take home! Water and snacks are included in the price of the room. And while there was always plenty of bottled water, the snacks consisted of one Snickers bar and one small bag of pretzels, neither of which were ever replenished after we ate them the first day. Again, a small detail that should not be overlooked at such a pricey locale.

We ate at Stillwater Grill for breakfast and the Tap Room for lunch. Since we were there for a special event, the rest of our meals were outside of the realm of the restaurants. The breakfast was good, nothing to write home about. The Tap Room had very nice lunch selections, though unfortunately, I apparently made a poor choice in the Cobb salad. Quite bland and unremarkable. The rest of my large party seemed to enjoy their food a lot.

I was surprised at the constant buzz of activity going on. Large trucks loading and unloading all the time. You could even hear the loud beeping of trucks backing up from the 18th hole.

I had 2 treatments at the Spa which, like any resort, were wildly overpriced. Also annoying was the 20% gratuity that was automatically added to the cost of treatment. In my opinion, tips are discretionary and based on level of service. Fortunately, I was very pleased with my services so I was happy to leave the 20%. But believe me, if I had been disappointed in the manner of service, I would have disputed the 20% gratuity.

Get to the spa EARLY! There is a wonderful jacuzzi and steam room to take advantage of prior to and after your service. I got there 1/2 hour early, but could easily have spent more time in there.

All and all, a very memorable time - though I don't think I can wholeheartedly say that the food and service live up to the price tag. Close, but needs some work on the finer points.

georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My hubby & I were well pleased. We stayed in a suite overlooking the ocean & the 18th green, #102, & it was lovely. Very plush accommodations. Beautiful full marble bath with separate shower/tub. Seating area at foot of King bed. My hubby enjoyed sitting on our little patio & watching the golfers finish up on the 18th after his round was over. The weather was a cool mid 60 range for the daily highs & evenings benefited with a jacket or sweater. We ate at both the in-house locations & the food was top notch as was the service. The fish dishes, salads & sandwiches were all favorites & the best side dish was the white corn risotto. Yummy!!! The spa was amazing and I recommend taking advantage of the massage. I had a Swedish & my friend chose the hot pebble massage. We both left delighted. It is pricey but hey-you are in Pebble Beach!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is a beautiful setting as anyone who has watched golf on TV knows. It was my husband's dream to play golf here and he couldn't have been happier. The service is great and the staff very friendly and helpful. He recommends hiring a caddy to play this course - it's worth the extra cost. Our room was lovely and spacious but calling it a "garden room" is a stretch. There was a small patio with a hedge between it and the parking area. You pay double or triple for everything here. I drove to Pacific Grove and had a great pedicure for $26 at Rose Nails. This would be about $85 at the Spa. The Beach club is free for guests to use and has a pool, exercise and cardio room overlooking Stillwater Cove. I took the Dance Sculpting class and Total Body Conditioning classes and had a great workout. I doubt if we'll be back again but it was memorable!

• Stayed August 2011
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We just returned from a fantastic trip to California to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. Part of my present to him was a round of golf at his dream course, Pebble Beach. We stayed at the Lodge at Pebble Beach to experience the "complete package"....and we were not disappointed. I have to say, the garden spa room was one of the most romantic rooms I've ever stayed in, and my husband and I have stayed at some very nice places. The wood burning fireplace was an absolute treat - I couldn't get enough of the smell and the ambiance and we had it burning practically round-the-clock. Although you give up a view, it is well worth it to have the private garden spa. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub outside, as it is chilly even in July here, and never heard a peep from anyone while out there. The beautiful vaulted ceilings and enormous bathroom were an added bonus, and the toiletries from the spa smelled divine. I had heard from friends that there were nicer places to stay in the area, but the garden spa suite at the Lodge gets my vote for 5 stars. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Garden spa suite - DEFINITELY worth it. Book well in advance as there are only a few.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My husband and I have been dreaming of going to Pebble Beach and when it finally arrived, it did not disappoint. We stayed at the Lodge for 4 nights in the Ocean View Studio overloong the 18th green and Stillwater Cove. The room was fantastic! Very comfortable bed and the room was so cozy with a fireplace and balcony.

Played Spyglass twice and Pebble Beach once. Both courses lived up to the hype - the greens are fast but playable and the views are truly amazing. Tip: take a caddie no matter what your handicap is. It's cart path only and you don't get to truly experience the course when you are just driving on the cart path. Plus, the caddie will help with course management and line up your putts! Definitely worth the money.

Ate at Stillwater Grill, The Tap Room and at the Gallery - all were fantastic.

The Lodge has it's own appeal compared to the Inn at Spanish Bay. There is absolutely nothing I would change about the trip and have nothing negative to say. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stay at the Vizcaino building if possible, very close to all the amenities and the main Lodge.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlbertaChick18
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We got a free upgrade to a scenic view room, very nice!! The room was very large, one of the largest I've ever stayed in, next to our two room suite in Jamaica on our honeymoon. It was gorgeous!! A full couch, chairs, cocktail table, more chairs and table to eat a meal at. A wood buring fireplace and a nice balcony. Okay now onto the the dressing room with a sink and a chair to sit while blow drying your hair or putting on your make-up. So lovely!! Nice closet and drawers to put your things. The bathroom was beautiful, all marble, and of course a telephone by the toilet. Loved the deep soaking tub. We were traveling with another couple who had the room next to us and we never heard a thing from their room. The conceirge was top notch, anything you needed was taken care of and quickly, no waiting here. I was getting over being sick from being dehydrated (had to go to the hospital in Monterey), so when going to the spa or to the Beach Club, they made sure they picked me up in a golf cart took me to and from. Would I stay here again, oh yeah!!! I can't think of ANYTHING that was a minus, nothing at all. If you have the chance, stay here. Oh yeah, and from what my husband said, the golf was everything that he had dreamed it to be and much more. So we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Watch the web-site for free upgrades for scenic view. We orginally booked garden view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Cypress Inn
Cypress Inn
#3 of 25 in Carmel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,182 reviews

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!