The Lodge at Pebble Beach
Casa Palmero(Pebble Beach)
US$1,087
TripAdvisor
Hofsas House Hotel(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$157
Travelocity
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$154
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf coursemile drivepro shoptee timesbucket list triplove golfplay golfgreat golfgolf experienceround of golftee boxwood burning fireplacegarden viewinn at spanish baystillwater grilldressing areasteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

From the time you pull up to the front door of the Lodge till you leave the magic begins. The staff is so friendly and polite. You feel like this is truly a once and a lifetime experience. The Pros have stayed here and walked these very halls. The hotel is beautiful. The walls are lined with history. The views from the Lodge are majestic of the 18th green , especially at sunset with a couple of cocktails. Our king room was beautiful with a fireplace and a private hot tub on our back patio. Very romantic. We were there for our anniversary. It was fantastic and that was not even mentioning our golfing experience. The food was excellent at every place we ate in the resort. It was not an inexpensive experience , but I would do it again in a heartbeat. We loved it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed at the Lodge for 4 days this had to be the best service i have ever recieved in my life. The gentleman at the front desk Travis,was so helpful,polite, a refreshing smile just a very nice young man.Thank you Travis keep up the good work we apperciate you. I hope your employer is good to you.
See you next time!

Room Tip: Ask for Travis, excellent guest service!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed 6 June 2013

And I wasn't here to play golf. My wife and I were attending a conference and couldn't pass up the chance to return to Pebble Beach again. We ended up with an oceanfront room, literally just a wedge shot from the 18th green. Though we were disappointed to find 2 Queen beds instead of a King, it certainly didn't spoil our trip. After all we still sleep together. Our room was quite nice with a real fireplace, sitting area, marble bath & shower, makeup table and various amenities. The staff throughout the resort have been helpful, friendly and generally wonderful. This has been a stay to remember.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 5 June 2013

If you want to get a tee time months in advance, you need to stay at the Lodge. Since we were on a very tightly planned golf trip, there was no other option than to stay here. The pros of the lodge are that the accommodations are nice, that the location is as convenient as one can imagine, and that the food at the restaurants is very good.

The rooms are OK. Nothing spectacular, really. Our room was right on the 1st fairway, so that was cool. The room had a functioning, wood burning fireplace, which was cool. Bathroom is all marble and nice and bedding was good. In the bathroom, only oddity was that there was no fan. That can be kind of a problem if you know what I mean.

As far as food goes, we ate dinner right in front of the fireplace at the Lodge where you can order from both the Tap Room and Stillwater Grill menus at the same time AND you have access to the full bar. That was a great experience. We ordered sushi appetizers and I then went with pan seared cod, which was fantastic. Their cocktails are excellent and we ordered some 2006 Heitz which was very good with dinner. Breakfast was eaten right across from the first tee box and it was what one would expect. Solid but unspectacular.

The bad news about the Lodge (and Pebble Beach Resort) is that everything is crazy expensive. Since PB mandates that you can only reserve a tee time way in advance by staying there, they have no incentive to price rooms relative to the competition. Result is that rooms are regularly well over $700/night. When you combine that with a round of golf that will set you back $500 plus a caddie or greenfee (another $80 + $25-$50 tips), you are looking at North of $1300 for a night of hotel and a round of golf. That's really nuts by any standard. The food is also very expensive across the board, although it doesn't hurt quite as badly after you have already shelled out $1300 for hotel and golf.

I would say that this was really a once-in-a-lifetime trip if for no other reason than doing it frequently will make you bankrupt :) Next time, I would op to stay a few more days, play 18 holes a day, stay in Carmel/Monterey and try to arrange tee times close-in so that I wouldn't have to stay at the Lodge purely for cost reasons.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This has been on our life's to do list for years and it was a blast! We needed to stay 2 nights to be able to book Pebble Beach a few months out. The price hurts a little but it was excellent and glad we did it. We booked a standard room in the Lodge (they called it Lodge Garden), no view of ocean or golf course but we had a private garden patio with a water feature, very relaxing! Things started off wonderful with Terry, our bellman who gave us a quick tour of the property, we were early and could not check in before the tee time. The room was huge, sitting area, fireplace, large bath with separate shower and tub. Clean. We were in McComas Building which is just steps from the pro shop, the main Lodge and the shopping. Very easy to run up to The Gallery Restaurant and bring back pastries and breakfast sandwiches to enjoy on the patio at your own leisure. Played Pebble with a caddie, Chris was fantastic, and I would definitely recommend doing this, you'll get tips you wouldn't figure out otherwise. 17 Mile Drive was fun to do and I can't wait to watch the AT&T now that I'm familiar with where everything is. Something we will remember for a long time!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple