The Lodge at Pebble Beach
Casa Palmero(Pebble Beach)
US$1,087
TripAdvisor
Hofsas House Hotel(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$157
Travelocity
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$154
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf coursemile drivepro shoptee timesbucket list triplove golfplay golfgreat golfgolf experienceround of golftee boxwood burning fireplacegarden viewinn at spanish baystillwater grilldressing areasteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Here is what I love. The rich come to trade. Deals are done with briefcases and a security guy or two. It is all such wonderful theater of the extremely rich and this is the place to stay and observe day and night. The service and facilities are among the best in America and possibly in the world. So, get out the piggy bank and save up, but, if you are going to do it, reserve it for an event. This is a few glitter flakes short of something like Canne, but, its also more intimate and accessible and this is the place to be rather than on the sidelines waiting to come in at tea-time or happy hour.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is my husbands second year to play at Pebble Beach at a fundraiser/business function, but our first year to stay at the Lodge. Last year we stayed at The Inn at Spanish Bay, which we personally preferred over The Lodge at Pebble Beach, but how can you rate this beautiful icon any less than excellent?

The staff was excellent. The golf course, excellent (per my husband). The grounds, breathtaking. The food during the two banquets, excellent, though we both preferred Spanish Bay.

The room . . . Very Good - Excellent. A few negatives for us personally:
* The wood burning fireplace. Prefer gas logs to turn on/off at leisure (again, Spanish Bay). The smell of the wood in the room was nice, but think bothered both our allergies. I'm sure they would have removed it had we asked. (Also, at Spanish Bay, when you came into your room at night, the fireplace would be going, along with soft jazz music coming from the stereo system. Room straightened and picked up. VERY NICE TOUCH!)

* The coffee bar. The bar/fridge area is lovely. The coffee service is set on a beautiful tray along with mugs, coffee, stirrers, etc. There is also an electric tea pot to heat water. However, we searched and searched for an outlet to plug it in. There was none. We even called housekeeping for a clue. They sent an "engineer" over, but alas, no plug. He said that housekeeping would move it upon the night time service so it would be ready to use in the morning. No such luck. We wrangled it into the bathroom in the mornings to brew the coffee, sitting among our toiletries. For a place as classy and lovely as Pebble Beach, having the coffee service in the bathroom seems . . . wrong. We were not the only ones who noticed. Someone brought up the same fact over dinner.

* Housekeeping - the turn down service with chocolate squares is nice, but ours failed to remove dirty coffee cups, straighten up and the like. A little surprised. Someone did come by to clean the fireplace. Impressive! He obviously didn't have to clean it since it hadn't been used, but still, how great!

If you have a chance to stay at The Lodge at Pebble Beach, do so. It is amazing! Who knows, they may put electrical outlets at the coffee bar before you arrive!

(We're secretly hoping we get to stay at Spanish Bay next year.)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TableTalkLori
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Everything was truly magnificent. Warm welcome. No one is pushing service on you, but they are always ready to help. Our room was beautiful. It was large, with a sitting area, working fireplace, dressing area, and a balcony with a panoramic view, partially of the ocean, which is exactly what we booked.

Room Tip: If I go again, I will pay the extra money to book an ocean front room overlooking the ocean and the 18th hole.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marty H
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We were there last week for 2 nights. The room is spacious with a nice bathroom & fireplace (proper fireplace with real woods). We got 2 "queen" size beds although I thought they are more of double rather than queen size ( however bed & pillows were very comfortable & I slept really well both nights). The Lodge itself is a very scenic & beautiful place. My partner enjoyed playing golf there (2 sessions in 1 day!), he reckons that's so far his favorite golf spot. As I have no interest in golf, I went for 10 km run along the beach & watching some seals sun baking on the beach as well as very "friendly" squirrels looking up at people for food. I also had a massage (50 minutes) at The Spa in The Lodge that I thought was nice but over priced at $155 (before service charge of 20%). Make sure have evening and / or afternoon drinks at The Bench in front of the fire-pit & watch the Golfers finishing up their 18th hole or enjoying the view and the sunset. We had a couple of dinners at The Tap Room, food was average (my partner ordered a $79 Kobe beef fillet 8 oz) that was a tad bit over cooked ( he ordered medium rare), service was a bit slow too. But overall we were pleased with the whole experience of The Lodge & would recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Azlina D
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I am married to a golfer hence the visit. It is difficult to describe the property. The Lodge is an institution and so historically it has worth. The rooms are absolutely spotless, with excellent amenities and we had a spectacular oceanview of the 18th hole. The service is excellent. They have absolutely tried to keep up with the times with large tvs, glorious log fires but the rooms are a bit tired and not what you would expect for the price charged. I didn't like the fact that you have to walkup ourside staircases to your room in the separate buildings, but we had a lot of rain and it wasn't warm. We wanted an ocean view and I am still aggravated that they wouldn't confirm a king bed UNLESS we took the most expensive ocean view room. We could have had 2 queens had we not paid up. They have you over a barrel because of the golf. There is coffee and tea making facilities in the room also. See restaurant reviews. We also had to hang around when we came to leave while they located my husband's golf clubs which had been left at Spanish Bay and it delayed our departure considerably. We visited Post Ranch Inn and there is simply no comparison if you are not a golfer!!!!! The old man has ticked the Pebble box.

Room Tip: The more you pay the better the room. Simple as that.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple