“Loved It!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pescadero
Pescadero Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Pescadero B&B and Inns
Solebury, Pennsylvania, United States
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We recently spent two nights at this Inn. When we arrived, the Innkeeper was kind enough to give us an upgraded room, at no extra cost, since it was available. The inn and it's grounds were lovely. The only inconvience I feel the need to note was the extra firm bed mattress. Even with a mattress topper on top of it, I felt like I was laying on a wooden board.

3 Thank Donna T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I booked the whole Inn for family to stay during our wedding in Pescadero. The rooms were clean and cozy, but not huge. Since most people were out during the day exploring the area or attending wedding events, there isn't really much of a need for a huge bedroom anyway. Beds were comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows and comforters. Common areas were inviting and warm with comfy couches, and Ken had a fire going in the fireplace on chilly mornings -- such a nice way to start the day. Overall the Inn was very quiet and peaceful, and even though it's close to Main Street, there is hardly any traffic or street noise. We slept pretty soundly for the whole stay.

The breakfasts far exceeded our already high expectations. Ken did a great job cooking healthy, delicious breakfasts for us with lots of fresh ingredients (some straight from his garden out back). Each morning was a different menu, too -- peach pancakes, egg frittata, sweet polenta, fresh juices, fruit, etc. Breakfast was a 9am, which for us worked perfectly since we needed to be out the door for wedding events and sightseeing on the earlier side. The gardens around the Inn were also a great place for some wedding photos -- lots of flowers, benches, a wandering stone path, and picturesque views.

The only drawback we found was that the cottage room didn't have a dedicated shower -- more like a detachable shower head that you had to hold above you in the tub if you wanted to shower. The tub was next to the bed with a little screen separating the two, so it was a little awkward to get ready on our wedding day! Not really a big deal, and certainly not a dealbreaker, but something to be aware of when booking your room. The rooms in the main house all have shower heads mounted high so that you can take a "hands-free" shower.

Ken was very welcoming and accommodating throughout the entire weekend -- always friendly and available, but gave us plenty of space, too. He tended to keep a pretty low profile for most of the day, appearing mainly in the mornings to serve breakfast. However, even though we didn't see much of him during the day, he still managed to be attentive to our needs. He left his cell phone number if he was going to be out, and checked his messages frequently. We arrived early, and I called him about check in times -- he responded within the hour with an answer. Since we had booked the whole Inn, our families felt like they could spread out a little more than usual in the common spaces (leaving items around on the tables, taking over the deck area for lunch, etc), and Ken attentively picked up and saved a few items that we left behind each day. Ken was also great throughout the booking process -- we had to change our plans a couple times, and he was happy to edit reservations to work with our schedules.

All in all a great experience and everyone enjoyed their stay! If you are looking for a modern place to stay with tons of amenities, this place isn't for you (and that should be fairly obvious just by looking at the website -- not sure why some feel the need to leave bad reviews of a place that they didn't do their homework on). If you want a unique and rustic B&B with a homey atmosphere, definitely check this place out.

2 Thank S T
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I am astounded by the “Excellent” and “5 star” reviews this place is getting! I keep remembering back on our one night (Fri., July 26) there and for the life of me I can’t see it.

My husband and I planned our anniversary weekend and I put the work in to surprise him for a wonderful B & B get-away. He was surprised alright…

It started with us first pulling up and having to drive around the cats sitting in the parking area. I won’t go as far as saying ‘feral’, but certainly unfriendly. My husband had to get out of the car to shoo them along so I could park. Then, we were treated to the wonderful aroma of their outside bathroom all around the grounds. It even says in their info-binder to ‘watch were you step’ in certain areas as they have dogs and cats roaming. That’s a pleasant thought…

The grounds are overgrown, the entire buildings need improving and upgrading… at the very least a fresh coat of paint!

We arrived later in the evening, (7:30pm) and I guess the inn keepers do not greet guests’ past a certain hour, because there was a simple envelope with a note and a key inside. I’ll admit, it did take us a few minutes to realize that “your room is to the right of the front door” actually meant it was inside, right off the main house. I was under the impression we had our own self-contained unit… my bad!

Once we realized which room was ours we let ourselves in to what was the smallest room imaginable. They say all rooms have a Queen bed, I call b.s. If it was a queen, it was a small queen. Frankly, I think it was a double. The room itself was clean, I’ll give them that. And, I was grateful we had our own bathroom. It was almost the size of the bedroom, but at least it was ours.

They mention the main living area is available for people to sit and mingle, read or enjoy the fireplace; however, not a soul was around doing any of that. I actually felt like I was visiting a Great-Aunt and Uncle. Especially since the breakfast was to be eaten together at one table, with the other guests, who were strangers we didn’t know. That’s not really our bag! We’ve stayed at B & B’s before, but they at least offer your own dining table. It may be in the main room, but it’s your own. We also had to whisper, because every sound carries and I was afraid people would hear us. Again, that the feeling of staying with a relative.

I knew pretty much then and there we would not be staying past that night and it was only confirmed when at 6:30am tea service was being set up in the main area to begin at 7:00am and I could hear every word, dish, tea pot, cup and saucer being set up! After finally sort of falling back to sleep, I was reawakened by the breakfast bell ringing at 9:00am. Yes! A breakfast bell! Now I know for some 9:00am seems late, but my husband I wanted to sleep in with peace and quiet… and this is OUR weekend getaway… That said, because I couldn’t get out of there fast enough, I cannot attest to the wonderful and delicious breakfasts that were served.

Further, you would think that when a guest unexpectedly departs, the inn keepers would take an interest or at the very least inquire what happen. I mean, I can eat breakfast with you, but you don’t want to know what happen to me?! But, alas, we haven’t heard a word from them and in fact were charged our second night, which I expected, but no phone call?! Hmmm…. ?

So, we checked ourselves into a wonderful, modern hotel (Half Moon Bay Lodge) which we HIGHLY recommend! It has a king-size bed, huge room, and huge bathroom with a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub, a balcony, on the golf-course and lots and lots of peace! And, it was only $22.00 more. Oh yeah, and I was able to have breakfast with just my husband! Imagine…

Now, please don’t let this review keep you from visiting the town of Pescadero itself, because it truly is a quaint, charming little town with lots of need stuff to see and do. There are also miles and miles of beautiful beaches and hiking areas. That should not be missed!

8 Thank M D
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Quiet, clean, great breakfasts. Pescadero is a great getaway for a few days. Inn is easy walk to small business district with restaurants and market. Short drive or bike ride to hiking, beach, forests, etc. We will return.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Pescadero Creek Inn and loved it. Quaint, old farmhouse and Ken makes a delicious full breakfast. The area is gorgeous . . . beaches, redwoods, etc. We hiked a lot in a nearby state park and visited a local farm.

Redwood City, California
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a wonderful little bed and breakfast at the north end of Stage Road in tiny Pescadero, CA. Ken and Penny are wonderful hosts and they've done a masterful job with the three-bedroom inn and the adjacent cottage. My wife and I took a mid-week break there-- we stayed one night in the Spring Room and one night in the cottage. We also were able to peek into the other two bedrooms in the main part of the inn.

All of the rooms were comfortable and well-appointed. We liked the high ceilings and the decor. Best of all, though, are Ken's breakfasts--- wow! Hearty, home-cooked food like his special "uptown hash browns" made with purple potatoes from their own garden, some amazing eggs and artichoke sausage, plus multiple choices of juice and fresh fruit.

Pescadero is tiny with a nice country store, a wonderful bakery and the legendary Duarte's Tavern, a Northern California institution since the stagecoaches ran through Pescadero at the end of the 19th century. You can use it as a jumping-off point for the many beaches from San Gregorio to Santa Cruz. Be sure and check out the harbor seals and sea lions at nearby Bean Hollow beach and walk the Arroyo de los Frijoles trail, a short out-and-back trail that connects the beach to the parking area and takes about 45 minutes to an hour to hike. Also consider the tour of nearby Harley Farms, a small organic goat farm and dairy that is an easy walk from the Inn.

We had a wonderful time and would definitely stay at the Inn again.

Room Tip: The cottage is really wonderful and detached from the Inn with its own sitting room and a nice front...