Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
Antelope, California
“Wow!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Wow! What a nice place. The host, a radiant woman probably from the Middle East, greeted us with a gleaming smile. Our room had that cozy feel. From the room, we enjoyed a breathtaking view toward the Coast Range redwoods. We frolicked in the pool with great joy and frivolity until closing time. Our hosts were happy and gracious. What a breakfast! Best of all, the price was too low. We would have paid lots more for this treasure paradise on Highway 101.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs in the back.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Sorry to say, I slid between the sheets gingerly expecting that my feet would not be alone. The crowded room was minimally clean. The water was hot. Hotel Impossible would have a lot of suggestions. Whew!

Room Tip: Rooms not in this motel are best chosen
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bigbubba123

Travellers are raving about these Petaluma hotels

Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had a suite which was very clean and roomy. Spent 4 nights there and was very satisfied for the price. The only drawback was the noise from Hwy 101 but...Otherwise it was fine. Not as bad as some of the reviews. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Standard motel room, comfortable bed, a place to crash on your way to somewhere else. An easy and convenient exit off Highway 101, towards the high end of my value meter. I found the front desk to be friendly and helpful. A casino across the parking lot if you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Visalia, California, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I had booked my room through a site that didn't give me the option of selecting a bed. When they gave me a tiny room with double bed I went back and asked if they could give us a room with two beds. They said they could not. So I called the agent and asked if they could help. They cancelled my original booking and booked me a new room with two beds for just 5 dollars more. They manager's wife was scowling at me the whole time. She's the one that was so rude, her husband seemed reasonable. The new room was exactly like the previous but with two beds and even less space to walk around in. Really cramped with just two people. The next day they were all a twitter because we got back to check out at noon when their check out time was listed as 11 AM, They were not booked up and I could see no reason they could not have smiled and said it is ok when I apologized.

Room Tip: There are other options in the area I would try before I booked this place again.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bryan P
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The noise from Highway 101 is almost unbearable. The front desk staff at night is not friendly. The mini-fridge did not work and spoiled my food. The breakfast was meager and coffee was never ready by 6:45 a.m. when I had to leave for work. I ended up getting a coffee at the Jack-in-the-Box at the end of the street.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mentor775
Kearney
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Canceled my reservation,when mgr called me to inform me that my price was being set to current rate. Reason was, that she said i changed my reservation then blamed it on Booked.Com. Saying if i booked it directly with ABVI she wouldnt need to change Price. If u call making a note on reservation for (downstairs if available) changing my reservation. Booked room many mos ahead before busy Nascar wknd. Got great rate,only because management did not anticipate demand until date got closer. Did not change dates,room size or # of guests.Jacked my price by more then $100. Very poor practice to squeeze me or anyone for more $$ I intentionally booked it early for good rate. Found exceptional Motel 6 in Rohnert Park with decent restaurant/fast food and Safeway all within walking distance and it cost less then my original reservation in Petaluma.Will never ever book ABVI again!! Nor will anyone i know and/or talk with about Honest Hotel practices and standards, when i tell them about this sleazy practice. Thank You Sheila/Shenna

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#4 of 10 in Rohnert Park

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma? Share your experiences!