“Avoid at any cost” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
Redlands, California
“Avoid at any cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I ordered this motel on a HotelClub to sleep one night during my trip. I didn't expected anything special - just a clean room where I can sleep a night. I ordered non-smoking room - however when I arrived I received a smoking room. To my request about non-smoking room they replied "it is not a requirements, this was a special condition which was asked. But because we have no other rooms available you have to take this one." My kids were very tired so I had to stay there for a night. If they would call me couple hours before it and offer to cancel an order / or choose smoking room I would cancel and drive couple more hours to cleaner place.

The hotel itself is very dirty - stairs, floor in common areas, walls. It is like they very rarely clear it from outside. I haven't eat there because I can only imagine how dangerous it is - if they can't keep area clean would you expect they are touching food with clean hands?

The room was really one the last one remaining - it had broken peephole (really there was just a hole in a door instead of it), broken latch bolt - seems someone had kicked it out recently. The floor was with stains, bed smelt with smoke. Room barely fit two queen beds - one side was next to a wall and a very small gap between them. Faucet was leaking, shower in bathroom was screaming. Sound insulation between rooms is bad - we heard TV, steps, heard how people moved out.

The location - everyone would expect to have a hotel next to a highway - this is a usual practice. However this motel is really next to a highway - there is just a parking lot pass between highway and a building - about 10-15 feet. Because of this when truck are pass on a highway the building is shaking. Well, if you can imagine it is a form of massage then you can handle it.

Really - I had never stayed in such terrible place, even when I payed $40 per night. Considering this stay cost me $170 and there was a Marriott with $300 deal just 20 miles from this place I think it was very bad stay. I will never ever stay in Americas Best Value Inn and Suites network and recommend everyone to keep away from that network. That is really terrible network.

Room Tip: Remember - if you asked for smoke-free room then it is not guaranteed. So better look for another pl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Alexander V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Decided to drive through San Francisco and over the Golden Gate bridge and stay in wine country for 2 days before heading back to the UK.

The motel is very basic but good value and is opposite a Casino which serves excellent food at very reasonable prices.

Just what we needed as a base and enjoyed a long day travelling in a circuit around wine country. Loved it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Spring City, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recently we were in Petaluma and this was the only place that had a room--and we had been trying to get into other hotels for about 2 weeks--and had reservations here for that long. The desk staff were pleasant; however, I will say right now that if we could have been in another hotel, we wouldn't have been here. The other thing I will say is that it was clean---although very dated and very small. The sink was outside the bathroom. Another positive was free WiFi. We simply told ourselves we were only here to sleep.
Unfortunately, the hotel is right near the highway, but really wasn't overly noisy. Also, the walls are paper thin, but we only had people on one side of us and they were very quiet. There were lots of Comcast trucks, so I'm assuming this is a place where their people stay when on the road. Mattress wasn't very good but some effort had been put into making the room as good as possible---refrigerator, microwave, blowdryer.
Hopefully we won't have to stay here again, but cleanliness goes a long way and the room was clean so--if you can't get into another hotel, this one is better than sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the highway as possible and on a corner---if you have a choice. Rooms in the a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ellen G
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The room was very clean although a bit small. Cleanliness made up for the lack of size. Location is easy to get to. The price was reasonable and the staff very nice. The location is just off the freeway and would be a bit busy/noisy if you want to use the pool.

We went next door to the casino at the hotel staff recommendation and had a nice meal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Vernon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Hostess needs a course on people skills. Rooms clean but very small. No kings avail.
Older but updated. We will definitely look elsewhere next time. Have a lot less for a way nicer room. Wifi weak at best.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimimy
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This room advertised with free blow dryer, coffee maker, these items were not in the room. The ashtray were missing for it to be a smoking room. These little things missing is disappointing. Once brought up to the office and cleaning lady, the service is bad!

Room Tip: Bottom rooms are more convenient!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was just looking for a comfortable place to stay for the night, nothing fancy, good price. This hotel has low prices, so that is not a problem. The hotel building is old. It is located about 2 or 3 miles from the center of town to the north. But the room I was given was very recently remodeled. It had new carpets, furniture, sink and vanity, toilet, shower, bed and cover all new, walls refinished, nice artwork on wall. I would say it was a little small, even with just a queen in it. The clothes closet is tiny. I didn't use the wifi, so can't comment there. I also didn't use the new ac/heater wall unit or the TV.

The hotel is very close to the 101 freeway, so one end has more noise than the other. I was not bothered by freeway noise because of my room location. My neighbors were all quiet. The staff at the front desk tried to be helpful and friendly, but didn't seem to have a lot of experience doing their jobs. The breakfast was very minimal, with two types of cold cereal and small sweet rolls in cellophane, small selection of tea and coffee.

The hotel is a little hard to find. It is tucked behind and adjacent to the Quality Inn. There is also a casino right next door, but I found it relatively quiet. Yes I would stay there again if I just wanted a bed for the night and nothing fancy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway end of the building to minimize noise.
Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Skytrekker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
BEST WESTERN Petaluma Inn
#5 of 8 in Petaluma
Metro Hotel & Cafe
Metro Hotel & Cafe
#1 of 8 in Petaluma

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma? Share your experiences!