“Don't judge a book....”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Yes, it looks like an Ugly Duckling on the outside. And yes, the rooms are small and it's right by the freeway. But if you get the deal we got, who cares? Bring your ear plugs and relax in a very comfortable bed in a perfectly adequate room. Everything seemed clean and all the necessities worked fine (including a frig and microwave), plus the family who runs the place is very friendly and helpful. My daughter and I both got a great night's sleep.

Don't expect what you aren't paying for (i.e. a lavish breakfast, picturesque surroundings, and fancy toiletries) and you won't be disappointed. This place has handy on/off freeway access and provides a perfect one night stay for the budget traveler. I would definitely stay here again and use the money I save for something else (like a new outfit at the Outlet Stores just down the road!).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
abvipetaluma, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2011

Thank you for your response we appreciate your comments and are happy that you found our Inn to be comfortable and clean. It is important to us to provide you with the best accomodations possible at a reasonable rate. We look forward to serving you again when you are next in Petaluma.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma

Reviewed 2 August 2010

Yes, the room was small, but for the price it was nicely decorated and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave, which most inexpensive motels don't. The pool was clean. The continental breakfast had waffles, cereal, danishes, toast, coffee, juice, milk, and tea. There is a casino across the parking lot,and it's right next to the highway, but you'd never know because we didn't hear anything. When I go back to Petaluma, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank lisabee4

Thank you for taking your time to give us your comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you at our Inn again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

We attended the Sprint Car Races at the Petaluma Fairgrounds, taking our Son & his family. After a great, Fun Night, we were all ready for a good nights sleep. We got exactly what we needed at this Motel. The rooms were clean, not fancy, beds were comfortable and we were treated very well by the staff.

We will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for responding. We appreciate comments and your business. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2009

Positives:
1) Close to Point Reyes National Seashore -- the drive was less than 30 minutes so we took day trips. It was lovely.
2) Great value -- hotels and inns closer to the Seashore cost 2 to 5 times more per night. Also, the room and bathroom were very clean.
3) Free WiFi
4) Pool was clean and very refreshing on the 90 degree days
5) Close to downtown Petaluma -- we went into Petaluma for coffee and meals. Very convenient. We enjoyed Playa Azul Marisco (great Mexican food), Cattlemen's (burgers, steaks), and Viva Cocolat (coffee, dessert). The Mystic Theatre is supposed to be fantastic for music but we did not get a chance to go.

Negatives:
1) Adjacent to Hwy 101 -- we could hear the traffic all day/night but got used to it by the second night.
2) Smells like agriculture -- the entire area around the hotel smelled like chicken farms or freshly fertilized fields. Not pleasant but again, the price was great.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I thought we were staying across the street at the Quality Inn. My husband booked this when I wasn't there. My advice is to stay at the Quality Inn across the street or somewhere closer to downtown.

The room was tiny--not like the pictures. One chair at the desk-like table next to the tv. Not enough room for one to sit in the chair and another to pass to the bathroom or litttle frig.
Closet was 12 inches wide. Room smelled strongly like some weird cleaner. Bed was uncomfortable; neither of us slept decently.

I really liked having the refrigerator and microwave. They even had a tiny tray of ice. Free breakfast in the lobby was corn flakes or Fruit Loops (and whole milk), French roast coffee, and a few flavors of the little wrapped Danishes as well as orange juice. ok. Nobody that worked there would even look at us, much less smile or say "hi".

we did have fun in Petaluma. When you go up to McDowell, go a few feet and turn right, you will wind up on Petaluma. The road at the intersection was Penngrove, which was listed wrong in some directions I had.

There is a casino very close, which we didn't visit, and an IHOP & /burger King pretty close. Noise wasn't bad. Little things like no hand lotion were sall minuses.

Divine Delights petits fors outlet is nearby, off Mc Dowell. Turn right after Koh's center on right, see windmill sign towards freeway, go left. Open till 4 on weekdays.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvCA
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I selected Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Petaluma for a one-night stay after reading the reviews. It sounded like a good value for the money. Unfortunately, I was very mistaken.

The room was tiny and the price was high, just $20 dollars less than I paid the night before at the Hilton in So. San Francisco. The carpet was dirty with stains almost everywhere. The walls and fixtures were dirty, even the hair dryer had dirt on it. The blanket on my bed had burn holes in it.

The office staff was friendly if you could understand them, and a strong cooking smell of
curry overwhelmed the office, even wafting out a window when I walked by to get ice. I went out for dinner and, upon my return, found a large family having a loud argument in front of my room. That continued intermittently for a couple hours.

I would have been much better off staying at one of the other nearby motels. They had to be better.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2009

This hotel is located at the end of a side street, somewhat hard to find, and faces a casino and next to a highway. So if you stay here, expect noise. Other than that. while rooms are clean and well appointed (with fridge and microwave and free internet), they are quite small. Breakfast is practically non-existent. And soap/shampoo are of the low end qualities. If you can get a good rate, this might be a good deal and enough reason to overlook these issues. But I thought what I paid was a little more than what this hotel offered. So, I would hesistate to stay here again, mostly because of the price I paid for the level of quality I expected from this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Metro Hotel & Cafe
Metro Hotel & Cafe
#1 of 9 in Petaluma

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma? Share your experiences!