“The way wine tasting should be”
Review of Sonoma Portworks

Sonoma Portworks
Ranked #8 of 58 things to do in Petaluma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Sonoma Portworks is the only winery in Sonoma County specializing in ports and after-dinner wines. Sample our complimentary tasting menu of varietal ports, or explore our Reserve menu. Discover Sonomic Almost Vinegar--like a balsamic, only better!
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The Portworks are tucked away on a side street in a developing area of Petaluma.... a small town worth exploring. It's a throwback to the way wine tasting (port tasting in this case) used to be. Very friendly staff & the tasting is free. They have 4 or 5 ports, plus 2 Grappas. All are very good & reasonably priced. Definately worth a stop if you're in the area

All reviews
"donation"
"wineries"
"purchase"

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This small winery had a number of excellent ports. Also a fabulous version of balsamic vinegar. It is small and only carried fortified wines. Helpful staff.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

we have lived here forever and just happened on this place. the owner served us and he was delightful and welcoming.
And did I say, the port was awesome!

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Very nice port, sherry, and balsamic tasting. The sherry was my favorite. The balsamic is really good too - but not quite as authentic as the 15 year old vinegar I am currently using. Don't get me wrong: theirs is very yummy, but just not quite what I was expecting.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2011

It's at the end of the street, just a small place, but very nice. Bill is very friendly and knowledgeable. We sampled several ports, 2 grappas and my friends always buy the balsamic, they can't live without it and I chose the grappa this time. The ports are in beautiful bottles and make nice gifts, bill signed our bottles with a gold ink, nice touch.

1  Thank rockette