“Authentic Turkish/Mediterranian Food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
San Francisco, California
“Authentic Turkish/Mediterranian Food”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Located at the end of a shopping mall,the restaurant is somewhat small with mainly posters of Turkey on the walls.The television in the restaurant is on a Turkish channel so it will play music videos for atmosphere.The restaurant has a little bakery as well.The best dish is to get the combo with Hummus,tebouleh,falafel with the kebobs.The meals are served with apple tea.The gals gave good service that was quite tenative.

• Visited July 2011

Sebastopol, California
“Great food and authentic Turkish food”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I really like at this place and the service is great and many times they give you hummus and specail Turkish bread.

• Visited August 2011
USA
“Beyond Delicious, Wonderful Staff, Great Value”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This is exactly what I dream of every time I come to a restaurant- Great food that is homemade at a good price. Adding the great staff on top of it makes it a bonus. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy or exciting, but it is worth coming here regardless of the atmosphere.

The waitress reminded me of many of the family-run restaurants I've eaten at in Turkey. I felt we'd been invited into someone's house to eat.

EVERYTHING is homemade. EVERYTHING is delicious!! And you get tons of food! From chicken to beef to lamb to veggie dishes, everything was top notch. Getting complimentary Turkish Tea throughout the meal was a nice touch. My guess is most people in the US have not seen the small Turkish Tea cups that go along with tea service. It really made the meal a bit more special and allowed me to reminisce.

Please please please come to this place when you visit the area. You will be so happy you did!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank GlendaleCA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They have wine and beer now!!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2010

As we were being seated at a comfortable table we felt like the server had invited us into his Turkish home. With Old World charm and hospitality we felt welcomed and taken care of by people who really cared about our dining experience. I had falafels that were as good if not better than ones I had in Turkey last year. My husband had the special Afendi Iskander that was served on a sizzling plate piled high with large toasted seasoned croutons covered with a yogurt sauce, then a Turkish marinara sauce and authentic lamb and beef gyro slices. We made reservations for a Friday night in December as the server told us it is getting very busy on weekends when they have a live belly dancer. and they have a belly dabcer aapproaching.

1 Thank Farriss
sebastopol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gracious and Yummy and Cheap, OH MY !!”
Reviewed 16 October 2010

I went here first on my birthday when they had first opened. Attentive server was prompt in bringing beverages (no alcohol yet) and the dolmas which we split. They were as decadent as they should be! I tried the Spinach Pie instead of my usual Spanokopita. GLAD OF MY CHOICE! Light crust, a generous but not overwhelming portion of seasoned spinach and cheese and egg. My lunch partner had her favorite- lamb shish kebab wrap. Also shared a salad on the side. More food than we needed but it was not crowded at mid afternoon so we eased through and finished all, whereupon they brought a surprise birthday sweet. Pistachio sweet. So of course we finished with rich dark coffee... have been there twice since, but even on our limited budgets we can manage to enjoy the ambience as well as the great cuisine.They were on the cusp of getting a beer/wine license...