“Yumminess!!! But pricey.”

Ranked #24 of 267 Restaurants in Petaluma
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: LUMA is a neighborhood restaurant in Petaluma's riverfront warehouse district serving lunch and dinner and brunch in a casual atmosphere. LUMA's wood fired oven is the source of an eclectic and creative array of dishes such as cripy brussel sprouts with pancetta, herb roasted chicken over mushroom bread pudding, and the oven roasted pear. Also plenty of thin crust pizza and fresh salads! Enjoy dining at the bar where you'll find a carefully selected list of wines from around the world and beer on tap as well as in the bottle. Easy parking, outdoor seating, kid friendly, a local favorite!
Reviewed 23 January 2013

After an exploding microwave mishap at lunchtime I decided to give LUMA a try since it is near my office.
Their soup of the day was Ginger Tomato Bisque - yum. Nice and textured and so rich. I also ordered the blackened shrimp salad. At $16 this was delicious, but WAY too expensive for a lunch. let alone a salad. The lady at the counter seemed a little scattered even though there were only a handful of people in the restaurant, didn't offer me a bag to go and I had to ask for bread, which likely would have been given if I had opted to eat in-house. Soup and salad for $22???

1  Thank milosmomma

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have gone to Luma three times now. Each time has been very enjoyable, the ambiance is great. This place is cozy and has a great vibe.
The pizzas are amazing. Last night my boyfriend and I shared the pear & brie pizza, (it is topped with fresh arugula) and it was to die for. I could have eaten the whole thing by myself, so if you are fairly hungry make sure to order more than a pizza to split... but don't forget to save room for desert!
I had the specail which was chocolate mouse with white chocolate whipped cream...needless to say I ate the whole thing. Luma seems to be notorious for their key lime pie aswell!

1  Thank squishybear
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Fabulous food with lively wators and aroma. It will definitely be recommended to all friends and Petaluma people. The food is amazing and the people are polite and full of spirit. The menu has a nice selection and they make you feel comfortable.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is a small gem you would not see on a casual drive through Petaluma. It is a couple of blocks east of Petaluma Blvd S. in the redeveloped river front area. It is a small restaurant with about six choices in each of the categories of appetizer, pizza and pasta, and other entrees, with the addition of many nightly specials. We loved the atmosphere - simple wood tables and walls painted in a rich earthy color, highlighted by a couple of nice paintings, and a wine bar. There are a few outdoor tables with heat lamps for cool nights.

I had the pasta special of the day - bucatini with bolognese sauce topped with lightly sauteed bell peppers and a few plump cherry tomatoes, which helped counter the richness of the sauce. It was delicious! My husband's steak was well prepared but the chimichurri sauce was a little too spicy for his taste. For appetizers we shared the bruschetta - three pieces topped with a soft white cheese and on one a tomato-less ratatouille, different things on the other two. These were very tasty, especially with the Argentinian wine we tried. For dessert we had the chocolate cake, but the couple next to us was ecstatic over their Key lime pie!

The atmosphere and service here is great - this was our first visit but we were greeted like long lost friends. The smaller tables are close together, but you can be as friendly or as private as you want. We engaged in conversations with the people on both sides of us, and this made our evening even more special.

The menu and the specials suggest that the food here is a creative interpretation of several ethnic cuisines. We're anxious to go back and try more!

1  Thank margie1928
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is one of my friend's favorite restaurants so when my gal pal came for a visit I thought we should try Luma. I like the location and they also have a few tables outside as well as an ample size bar where I ran into some friend's having a quick bite. Nice to have options. We started with a wonderful Cesar Salad that had a lovely and creamy dressing as well as the half roasted artichoke with spicy aioli - my only beef was I would have liked two halves for $7.50, but it was GOOD. I had the truffled Mac N'Cheese and it was delicious. My friend had one of the specials which was a whole fish and found it a bit too boney for her taste. I finished my meal w/ a nice coffee and the S'more Sundae, which was so good. Luma is comfort food with a twist. I found the meal to be fresh, clean and well presented. The service was pleasant and attentive, I'll definitely be returning.

1  Thank 65Dragon