“Nice Hotel - Large Rooms”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Was going to try and stay in San Francisco, but the hotels were way, way too expensive. We ended up staying here for just one night. The lobby is nice and the rooms are large. The little sundries shop looks nice (we didn't need anything) and the lobby staff borrowed us an umbrella. I'm unsure what is in the rest of the building. It appears that their are office buildings and other establishments in the building.

Only con of the building is that it can be an extremely long walk to the elevators. Not sure why there is only one set for such an expansive building

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Sniemi,

Thanks for taking time to comment on your stay and I'm really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you can visit with us again if are back this way.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was a great hotel to use as a springboard for wine country. The hotel itself was very nice and clean and we had no issues during our 3 day stay. There was a convention onsite and due to the layout, the crowds were separated nicely and you did not have to deal with a ton of people. I have to say the front desk crew was great and on day two, one gentleman in our party left the lights on in the rental van. Within 5 minutes two maintenance guys were helping us jump the van with their own cables and truck. It took 15 minutes to charge so they burned their gas to help us. I gave them a tip and thanked them. Few hotels would come to the rescue like that.

Overall I was impressed and if you can book 4 floor with the extras, it is worth it. After a day in wine country, a simple appetizer near your room is so much easier than going out on the town for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chris O

Hi Chip,

This is great feedback and thanks for taking the time to write. I am especially pleased to hear that our maintenance department staff were able to get your car going with a boost.

All the best,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

my day at the Sheraton Sonoma was very pleasant and relaxed. I was there for a couple of days of business. One thing in particular that really made my day extra special was a young lady named Veronica. My luggage did not arrive for 24 hours after I did and I was a little stressed. When it finally did come she was kind enough to take it up to my room while I was in meetings and then later had a bottle of wine delivered to me and expressed her hopes that it might ease my frustration at not having my things. She went above and beyond and out of her way to make me feel important and special. The other hotel staff were also very accommodating and pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank justbeth49

Hi Beth,

So glad you had a good experience even with the stress of having your luggage lost by your airline. I will be sure to thank Veronica for taking good care of you!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Petaluma doesn't offer a lot of hotel options, but the Sheraton is a solid choice. Our room was large, well-appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. I liked that the hotel provides you with a choice of firm or soft head pillows. The bathroom was also large, with plenty of space around the sink for toiletries. The shower was also fine. The only reason I rate the cleanliness very good and not excellent is that some of the furniture in the lobby and first floor elevator hallway showed stains where guests had rested their heads. Yuck.

Breakfast and lunch in the hotel restaurant was very good, with pleasant service. Location is great....right off the 101, and a quick drive into town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Jim, thanks very much for your positive review. You have mentioned a number of items we are very proud of. I will definitely share your comments with our team.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My third stay at this hotel and again it met expectations. Arrived early on Sunday before the room was ready but bag storage was offered and even a cell phone call was offered if we were to go into town. Fortunately I had a great meeting in the comfortable lobby with a colleague and enjoyed food from the bar too. All in all a good stay. If you get the choice, ask for a room away from the elevator it is a bit noisy.

Room Tip: The elevator is noisy if you get a room close by, but thankfully Petaluma attracts early sleepers
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very nice hotel, great 4th floor lounge,Mike the host is the best!
. Very good restaurant. Nice nature preserve close by for walks and sunrise. Right off the highwayand not far from downtown. 10 minutes from Lagunitas!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've stayed in this hotel once every year since it opened 10 years ago, and this was the first time I was disappointed. We did arrive late on New Year's Day and had reserved a rollaway in advance. The rollaway was delivered with one pillow, one thin, frayed at the edges blanket and one sheet. I called the front desk to request a top sheet and a second blanket. The staff member who delivered the blanket (a much nicer blanket than the first one) said they don't put top sheets on cots. I asked him to look at the king size bed in our room to explain why they provide top sheets on regular beds but not cots. He understood what I wanted but said it was not hotel policy to provide two sheets for cots. This was never true on previous visits, when we also had a rollaway.

He went to look for a sheet and came back with a quilted comforter. I explained I wanted to have a bottom sheet on the bare mattress and a top sheet to place under the blanket. He said no they didn't do it that way. I asked if I could have any size extra sheet for the cot and he said no, there were no sheets for a cot in the hotel. Then I went down to the front desk and the man there was able to give me an extra sheet. The next day I complained about the difficulty of obtaining an extra sheet. The staff person acknowledged cots are typically made with two sheets and offered us use of the club lounge to make up for the bad experience. Went up the club floor to try the continental breakfast on the following day -- but it wasn't served. I called the front desk and they didn't know why it wasn't served. A few minutes later they called me back to say there was no one was available to set it up. Seems odd that the front desk was unaware and didn't put a sign on the club lounge door. They then offered us a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant, which was very nice and appreciated.

The room (a suite) was less than pleasant, because of unsightly stains on the sofa and carpet. The mattress was firm and comfortable and well made up.

At most times during our 4 -night stay, only one person was working at the front desk and he/she also to handle sales in the small shop, including making coffee drinks, so there was a wait to ask questions. The restaurant service seemed slow. One morning after waiting a good while we asked the hostess if someone would take our order. At the time, there were only 3 other tables with guests. The food was very good and served promptly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances A
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Hi Frances,

Thanks very much for your excellent feedback. You have mentioned a number of items that should not have happned or should have been better. Regarding the rollaway bed, the associate who was assisting you with the bed was a newer one and he has now been more fully trained on how to correctly make up a bed. We have also done a deep cleaning on the guest room. I want to assure you that your comments have been reviewed internally and are being addressed.

David Scott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Hotel Petaluma
Hotel Petaluma
#5 of 9 in Petaluma
Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!