“Great Hotel in such a remote area”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newport Beach
“Great Hotel in such a remote area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights and loved the place. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and this hotel is also pet friendly. A small restaurant past the lobby had pretty good food and the servers were very friendly. I would go back there in a heartbeat.
Also free parking.

Room Tip: Was not able to compare
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Critique29
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hi Critique29,

What a great review, thanks so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm especially glad to hear your enjoyed that we are a pet friendly hotel. Hope you can come back again soon!

David Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Wonderful reception, good pricing, pet-friendly, comfortable room with excellent bed, and nice facilities.

We enjoyed this classy hotel at the marina.

The only sour note was the charming but forgetful chef. He didn't bring us the promised yoghurt, but the waitress made up for it. Chef later 'explained' his memory was not good. And the kitchen was 'full of staff asking him questions' . . . the restaurant was almost empty. Breakfast was quite good otherwise.

The hotel is an hour from Napa!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FlyingDutchman_12
Dear Dutchman,

Thanks very much for taking time to review our hotel and its great to hear you had a good time. And I will follow up with our Chef regarding his forgetfulness!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Im a Marriott girl but decided to try something new. I made reservations at 700 pm online and got to the hotel at 730. The girl at the desk was pleasant at first and after giving her the confirmation she said it was not showing and directed me to the restaraunt or lobby. 15min later several people showed so I went back in line. Another clerk came out. The first girl told the guy the same thing. I asked for a manger because this was crazy and I was tired and hungry. Other hotels would just rebook the room and cancel the one I had when it came up. The first girl was not happy with me so gave the guy she was helping a room but denied him a king bed because his confirmation could not be pulled up and he could be lying. She made sure that I heard her tell the man thank you for his patience. The second girl who was helping me explained the computers went down earlier. She upgraded my room and apologized. I could tell she was not happy with the other girl. The room was very nice and the jacuzzi tub was soothing.

• Stayed March 2014
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Hello Disneylove,

Thanks very much for your comments and feedback regarding your check-in experience. We have had a couple of problems with our reservations system in the past few weeks and they are now, fortunately, resolved. I am very sorry to hear of the delay in check in as a result of this but am pleased you enjoyed your guest room and the rest of your stay.

Thanks again, and hope to see you again.

San Luis Obispo County, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at The Petaluma Sheraton because our son had a Dr. Appointment in Petaluma.I looked at about 40 reviews on trip advisor and they were mixed. We were greeted at the front desk by Angela.She was very friendly and she had a great smile.We really wanted a quiet floor in the hotel.We stayed on the 4th floor per other reviews stating that it is quiet.You do have to pay a little more to stay on that floor because there is a lounge that has food at 5:00 p.m. and you can purchase wine and beer.Also a continental breakfast, starting at 6:30 a.m. We got two adjoining rooms.Our rooms were very quiet and the beds were very comfortable.The rooms were very clean and all the employees were friendly and helpful.The hotel has a nice exercise room with treadmills and weights and other great equipment.We had a very nice dinner at The Tolay Restaurant in the hotel.Kayla was our server and Devon bussed our table they were both great.Great personalities and great service.My husband and I had the soup special which was a vegetable soup it was good. I had the salmon and my husband had the pan fried ribeye. We enjoyed both dishes very much. For desert we had vanilla ice cream with a side of fresh fruit. The ice cream was so creamy and yummy. We were very happy with our experience and we will absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: The fourth floor was very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ZenMasta
Hello ZenMasta,

I'm very pleased to read your review and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks especially for recognizing Angela, Kayla and Devon, three of our terrific associates. I hope your doctors visit was not for anything too serious and that we will see you again soon!

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had secret-shopped this hotel several years ago and was very pleased then. This time I needed a good hotel near the new Graton Resort & Casino in Rohnert Park, CA and it met all my expectations for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JIGGS M
Hi Jiggs,

I'm really glad you enjoyed your your stay during your visit to the new Graton Resort and Casino.Being just 10 minutes away makes it an easy drive over to enjoy the casino and all it has top offer.

Please come back again for some more fun!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Was going to try and stay in San Francisco, but the hotels were way, way too expensive. We ended up staying here for just one night. The lobby is nice and the rooms are large. The little sundries shop looks nice (we didn't need anything) and the lobby staff borrowed us an umbrella. I'm unsure what is in the rest of the building. It appears that their are office buildings and other establishments in the building.

Only con of the building is that it can be an extremely long walk to the elevators. Not sure why there is only one set for such an expansive building

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sniemi,

Thanks for taking time to comment on your stay and I'm really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you can visit with us again if are back this way.

Regards,

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was a great hotel to use as a springboard for wine country. The hotel itself was very nice and clean and we had no issues during our 3 day stay. There was a convention onsite and due to the layout, the crowds were separated nicely and you did not have to deal with a ton of people. I have to say the front desk crew was great and on day two, one gentleman in our party left the lights on in the rental van. Within 5 minutes two maintenance guys were helping us jump the van with their own cables and truck. It took 15 minutes to charge so they burned their gas to help us. I gave them a tip and thanked them. Few hotels would come to the rescue like that.

Overall I was impressed and if you can book 4 floor with the extras, it is worth it. After a day in wine country, a simple appetizer near your room is so much easier than going out on the town for dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chris O
Hi Chip,

This is great feedback and thanks for taking the time to write. I am especially pleased to hear that our maintenance department staff were able to get your car going with a boost.

All the best,

David Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
BEST WESTERN Petaluma Inn
Hotel Petaluma
Hotel Petaluma
#5 of 8 in Petaluma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!