“great hotel for visiting wine country, staff very helpful”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“great hotel for visiting wine country, staff very helpful”
Reviewed 7 September 2010

After days of searching for a reasonably priced hotel in wine country, liked the reviews and chose this one. Very pleased I did as even hubby was happy( and he stays allover the world on business). Do need to drive to get to petaluma although desk arranged a taxi for us one evening and service was excellent. Hotel restaurant was pleasant and there is a little italian restaurant within walking distance on main road that was also good. Petaluma is a lovely town to walk round with some great restaurants and bars. Only time I heard the freeway was when sitting by the pool. Would definitely stay again if need to be in this area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank surreygirluk1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Even though I booked the hotel because the reviews on Trip Advisor were good, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What we got was a great hotel with a great location pretty central to everything we wanted to see. For the most part I have a no eating at hotel restaurant approach, but given how tired we were from traveling from Monterey and then hiking at Bodega Bay, we simply were too tired to explore Petaluma for food options and am I glad. We had one of the best meals of our trip right at the hotel. I had pork and my mom had linguine and clams and both were excellent. The chef came out and talked to us and when the waitress heard about my birthday they brought my a candle in my bread pudding (the bread pudding was so good we had it in the bar again the next night). We also got good info at the hotel about how to get to Point Reyes which was a highlight of our trip and after we went to Yountville to go to a nice restaurant. We went to Bouchon and while I enjoyed it, I skipped dessert so we could have the bread pudding at the hotel again (even after looking in the tempting Bouchon Bakery). Also, the folks who made the latte's in the morning did a great job--and I'm pretty picky. All in all this didn't feel like a typical chain hotel experience from the free parking to the reception at the restaurant to the helpful front desk. I loved the Sheraton Petaluma and am really glad we chose it as our home base for visiting the area!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank amymichelle
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We have stayed at Sheraton Petaluma several times. If you are going to spend time in the Sonoma valley, Santa Rosa or Healdsburg this is a good hotel, but be prewarned it's not the most convenient location. There is nothing in Petaluma and you will have to drive about 30 minutes to Sonoma or 40 to Healdsburg. The hotel sits on a marina close to the highway. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and will take the time to give advise on things to do, places to go and things to see. As gold members we have always been upgraded to Club level floor which has a nice albeit ordinary lounge with a great variety of breakfast offerings and evening orderves, wine, beer and beverages. We stay at this hotel for the great staff and amenties we receive.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My daughter and I have stayed 3 times at the Sheraton Petaluma because we were visiting the Sonoma State campus and she attended freshman orientation. It is easy an easy drive by freeway or side streets to the campus. The hotel is very nice and comfortable hotel with very friendly staff. I like that it is near the 101 freeway and the historic area of Petaluma.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Lummi Island, Washington
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Great location located just north of San Francisco and at the threshold to the wine country. great service from check-in, local wine and champange selection wth great room overlooking the Marina.... Had a great bagel and lox breakfest iin the pool side restaurant in the morning and off to explore Sonoma and Napa in the afternoon. ( Sonoma much preferred over the traffic and density of Napa.) Kinda like a good bottle of wine and Sockeye Salmon over King Salmon) both are great but usually you have a preference.

Have been in Wine County many times.. but not for he past few years and wish I could stayed much longer... You won't be dissapointed in booking a few nights at the Sheraton in Petaluma...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandycliff
Sonoma, California
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I was feeling burned out and my night at the Sheraton was just what I needed. The rooms and hallways smelled fresh. The concierge welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and cozy. I took a luxurious bath and sat in the cozy chair and read a book. I woke feeling like my old self again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Sacramento
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Wonderful room , great service... Napa is so upper crust.. See the wineries but stay here!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Hotel Petaluma
Hotel Petaluma
#5 of 8 in Petaluma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!