“Fresh and fun”

Ranked #95 of 268 Restaurants in Petaluma
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Tucked alongside the river in downtown Petaluma, Graffiti is a terrific northern California dining experience. Handsomely appointed with a pleasant al fresco dining area by the water, it offers a menu teeming with freshness and innovation. The chef invites you to whet your appetite with (or make a meal of) a tempting range of tapas and flatbread pizzettas or go for heartier fare with what he calls "big bites." I've enjoyed the avocado/ahi tartare and artichoke ravioli to start, and for entrees the prime rib and smoked chicken gnocchi were sublime. The vegetarian in our group raved about the Portobello Wellington. The place can get a bit loud and lively on weekends with a younger crowd, but if that's not your pleasure simply visit during the week. Service on all visits has been superb.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a great dinner here. Locally sourced food, very very fresh, good service, reasonable prices. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We visit Petaluma frequently and this is a restaurant we can always rely on. Sitting outside is really pleasant but the decor inside is impressive too. The other night I had the artichoke ravioli with a sauce that had just the right amount of citron flavor and I had the Tapa size filet mignon which was perfectly cooked and had a wonderful sauce with mushrooms on it. I love the idea that they serve small plates and that things can be put together in a creative mood to match one's appetite. Salads are fresh and my own beet salad was absolutely delightful.

1  Thank marjorie v
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just visited Graffiti during our wine country stop on our 3 week honeymoon in California. Has to be one of the best meals I've ever had. The blackened catfish in a creole sauce was amazing. My wife had the spinach salad with calamari which was (nearly) equally as nice. This, accompanied by local sparkling wine and followed by awesome cocktails, as well as the brilliant service and friendly, attentive staff, keen to advise on locations to visit during the remainder of our stay made it a pretty much perfect experience. Thanks a lot!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I agree with Alysson F's review, great location, OK food. I do appreciate Graffiti for when I'd like to have a bite and a drink with a friend downtown, but want a bit of up-town vibe. It's also nice if you want to sit outside on a nice day. The bartender is always friendly and provides good service. The food as been consistently good, but nothing earth shattering and I am ok with that and will return.